You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

They are still unbeaten, and top.

And they lost five games last season.

It’s a grim league, though. Their fans were barely celebrating the goals when it cut to them today. It’s getting less competitive every year, which means Bayern are more likely to get caught cold in Europe too.

But for the grace of Klopp, it’s probably what the English top division would look like for the last five or six years. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

It’s a grim league, though. Their fans were barely celebrating the goals when it cut to them today. It’s getting less competitive every year, which means Bayern are more likely to get caught cold in Europe too.

But for the grace of Klopp, it’s probably what the English top division would look like for the last five or six years. 

It's what it'll look like this year here.

But yeah, it fucks Bayern and PSG in Europe. They've basically got their feet up from March.

Cracking end to the Juventus game here. 2 nil down at half time. 2:1 down on 90 minutes. Score a pen and then what looks like a winner. A sending off for over celebrating now it's kicking right off as they check VAR. Disallowed ridiculously. Another Juve player and Allegri sent off now. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Inter v Torino was a pathetic display. A shadow of the league it once was.

It'll never match the levels on the late 80's & 90's where the best flocked there but with the recent demise of a dominant Juve it has made the league much more competitive. 

They'll alsways be dour, shit games in nay league. Napoli gave us a bit of a footballing lesson last week so it cant be that poor.

• Upvote 1

I get a good laugh at people calling the French/German leagues 'farmers leagues', the Italian league 'shite' & the Spanish league a two horse race.

It's almost as if the Sky Sports 'best league in the World' drivel has been absorbed.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Mook said:

I get a good laugh at people calling the French/German leagues 'farmers leagues', the Italian league 'shite' & the Spanish league a two horse race.

It's almost as if the Sky Sports 'best league in the World' drivel has been absorbed.

Lots of people are labelling most teams in the PL ‘shite’ as well. Probably the same people, I dont know.

12 hours ago, Mook said:

I think the dominance of PSG and Bayern make their leagues increasingly uninteresting. 

I've enjoyed Serie A games over the past few weeks (Italy still European champions, don't forget), and games involving the top level Spanish and Portuguese sides are always worth a watch. 

It's difficult to get the time to watch football beyond our own these days, though. 

42 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think the dominance of PSG and Bayern make their leagues increasingly uninteresting. 

I've enjoyed Serie A games over the past few weeks (Italy still European champions, don't forget), and games involving the top level Spanish and Portuguese sides are always worth a watch. 

It's difficult to get the time to watch football beyond our own these days, though. 

it's hard not to forget the years and year juve won though and inter before that when juve were on their way back. it's only become competitive the last couple of seasons. 

13 minutes ago, chrisbrand said:

Arsenal's Europa League tie with PSV on Thursday has been postponed because of "severe limitations on police resources."
You'd think there's not a chance our match with Chelsea will go ahead on Sunday.

Yeah, the only chance thats going ahead is if they switch to Anfield, and even then there would be some jiggery pokery with the fixtures as the shite are at home to West Ham at 2pm. 

Are there any 'top' leagues in Europe now where there are more than two teams in the running?

Man City win it every year here, PSG in France, Bayern in Germany & Real/Barca in Spain. The Italian league is probably the closest & that wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for the corruption.

The competition has generally gone right out of Football since the TV money came in & the gap between the big clubs & the rest is getting wider too.