You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

50 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Have you watched them? They're dogshit and any wins they do have have been mostly fortunate and all by a single goal.

I'm as surprised as anyone to see they are only six points behind us and there are figures suggesting they are the form side in the league. I'm okay with that tbh honest, rather that than a swell of their fans wanting ETH out. Chip away under the facts and I still see a disjointed mess, a team with no identity who are just getting over the line, fans in green and gold that are fed up and whoring themselves to the next middle eastern suger daddy whilst getting pissed on by a leaking roof.

They will finish between 5th and 8th this season.

I don't watch Man Utd unless they're playing Liverpool.

I have watched most of our games though and we've been crap in a few of them. Bedding in a brand new midfield was always going to lead to some difficulties so it's understandable.

A win is a win though & they seem to grind them out against the shite in the league.

On 12/11/2023 at 12:03, Judge said:

So, in their fiasco season they are still only three points behind us? 

From what I see they work, run, tackle and press harder on the pitch than our players. I don’t like it.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Aye, they seem to be able to beat the cannon fodder away from home, which is something we haven't been able to do consistently for a while.

For all the hilarity, we're not actually an awful lot better than them.

We're six points ahead of them in the league, they've been a bad joke in Europe and we're still in the League Cup.

Our aggregate score against them in the last two seasons' four games is 17-2. 

They probably won't always be this awful, but I don't get any Liverpool fan not being pretty satisfied with the current respective standings of the two clubs in football. 

• Upvote 9

24 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We're six points ahead of them in the league, they've been a bad joke in Europe and we're still in the League Cup.

They probably won't always be this awful, but I don't get any Liverpool fan not being pretty satisfied with the current respective standings of the two clubs in football. 

Just imagine if Klopp had their budget and the distance would could create. We haven't and we wont. This means that ultimately we can't afford to laugh at them because statistically they wont be far behind us.

33 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely fucking great that they've fallen from grace but I'm just pointing out we've not been any great shakes recently either.

I think we'll get better though, once the midfield settles down a bit & I'd be surprised if we don't finish a good 10/20pts ahead of them this season.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I have watched most of our games though and we've been crap in a few of them. Bedding in a brand new midfield was always going to lead to some difficulties so it's understandable.

A win is a win though & they seem to grind them out against the shite in the league.

I will say that it was obscene that we somehow let them finish above us last season, especially after the 7-0. 

On 17/11/2023 at 12:45, Mook said:

Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely fucking great that they've fallen from grace but I'm just pointing out we've not been any great shakes recently either.

I think we'll get better though, once the midfield settles down a bit & I'd be surprised if we don't finish a good 10/20pts ahead of them this season.

We've lost once in around 22 league games and that was when we were fucked by PGMOL at spurs. We're still in both cups we've played in and top of our group in Europe. Last season was mostly shit, but there's fuck all wrong with our form now. It's not 19/20 type standard yet, but it's pretty good. If we maintain our current PTS per game so far this season, we'll hit about 85pts. They'll get 66 on the same basis. We're already on course to finish the top end of your estimate in front of them and we haven't played them yet. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We've lost once in around 22 league games and that was when we were fucked by PGMOL at spurs. We're still in both cups we've played in and top of our group in Europe. Last season was mostly shit, but there's fuck all wrong with our form now. It's not 19/20 type standard yet, but it's pretty good. If we maintain our current PTS per game so far this season, we'll hit about 85pts. They'll get 66 on the same basis. We're already on course to finish the top end of your estimate in front of them and we haven't played them yet. 

I'm not really on about stats or points, more the shitty performances against the likes of Brighton, Luton & Toulouse (where we picked up one point out of a possible nine).

As I say, there were always going to be teething problems with the new midfield but our away form is certainly a concern. Hopefully we can do something about that on Saturday.

On 17/11/2023 at 12:48, Mook said:

They've also managed to grind out five defeats from twelve matches.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm not really on about stats or points, more the shitty performances against the likes of Brighton, Luton & Toulouse (where we picked up one point out of a possible nine).

As I say, there were always going to be teething problems with the new midfield but our away form is certainly a concern. Hopefully we can do something about that on Saturday.

Well being pedantic, we picked up 2 points from 9. 

The uefa cup one is hardly an issue. It was a half a team when we already had 9 points from 9. A disappointing result, but it's zero measure. If that was a CL game, we don't put that team out.

Brighton are a good side, it's no shame drawing there. Look how many points city picked up away from home against the top 8 lor 10 last season - from memory they won at just Chelsea and arsenal. They managed to lose to us and we were fucking dogshit last year. 

Luton was disappointing for sure. But our results over what is now more than half a season since we changed formation, speak for themselves. 

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They've also managed to grind out five defeats from twelve matches.

Aye, some of them vs (high flying at the time) Spurs, City & Arsenal.

Look, I'm not defending Man Utd here, they are pretty shite. I'm just not going to start running my mouth off about Liverpool when I've been far from impressed with a good few of our performances.

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well being pedantic, we picked up 2 points from 9. 

The uefa cup one is hardly an issue. It was a half a team when we already had 9 points from 9. A disappointing result, but it's zero measure. If that was a CL game, we don't put that team out.

Brighton are a good side, it's no shame drawing there. Look how many points city picked up away from home against the top 8 lor 10 last season - from memory they won at just Chelsea and arsenal. They managed to lose to us and we were fucking dogshit last year. 

Luton was disappointing for sure. But our results over what is now more than half a season since we changed formation, speak for themselves. 

And at Brighton, we were 2-1 up and should have been playing against 10 men in the 2nd half except Anthony counting Taylor gave a penalty for a non-foul instead of the challenge that denied a goal scoring opportunity.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

United looking to sign FOUR first team players in Jan,

Glorios stuff.

Who are the centre back, defensive midfielder, right sided midfield and striker from Ten Hags glory days at Ajax they're going to spunk two hundred million on?

Timo Werner is one of them apparently. Martial will of course outlast him.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Glorious stuff.

Who are the centre back, defensive midfielder, right sided midfield and striker from Ten Hags glory days at Ajax they're going to spunk two hundred million on?

They just got hit with a ffp fine. No way they can afford any huge outlay unless they sell a few players for good money and that is also just as unlikely.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Glorious stuff.

Came here to post this too. 
I seriously doubt that they’ll bring in more than half of that over the winter window, but even so that’s the thick end of £100million and - they’re terrible negotiators, trying to assuage fans who want big names, and that window is rarely an easy one to navigate - it could easily be double that. 
All things told, it either adds up to Ten Haag being in for the long haul, or else they’re just going to have an even more expensive clean-up operation when he leaves in the summer.