You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-season 21/22 & season ahead views.

Scott_M

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The pass he made to Salah against WHU was sublime

I mean, it was a cross, when under no pressure, to a man in acres of space.

And it still needed the perfect touch from Salah, otherwise the chance was gone.

What did you expect him to produce there?

1 hour ago, m0e said:

I mean, it was a cross, when under no pressure, to a man in acres of space.

And it still needed the perfect touch from Salah, otherwise the chance was gone.

What did you expect him to produce there?

It was a very well executed pass from 50 yards out, perfectly weighted and Salah didn’t have to break his stride. The fact that Salah killed it with his touch shouldn’t take away from the quality of the delivery. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It was a very well executed pass from 50 yards out, perfectly weighted and Salah didn’t have to break his stride. The fact that Salah killed it with his touch shouldn’t take away from the quality of the delivery. 

Salah had to kill it with his touch. That's my point. I'm not taking away from the pass, I just don't see it as something to wank about.

The Salah touch made the goal.

Been thinking about it and I think 4th is a reasonable expectation for us this season. Maybe 3rd. I don't really have any expectations beyond that. Chelsea are stronger than us now, great squad, capable manager and now one of the best goalscorers in Europe coming in. We won't get near them, nor City. Fuggeddaboudit. It'll be between us and United for 3rd and 4th. They have enough talent to get through most games regardless of their manager's inadequacy and, if they're in trouble, they've still got the refs and VAR throwing them penalties to bail them out. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Been thinking about it and I think 4th is a reasonable expectation for us this season. Maybe 3rd. I don't really have any expectations beyond that. Chelsea are stronger than us now, great squad, capable manager and now one of the best goalscorers in Europe coming in. We won't get near them, nor City. Fuggeddaboudit. It'll be between us and United for 3rd and 4th. They have enough talent to get through most games regardless of their manager's inadequacy and, if they're in trouble, they've still got the refs and VAR throwing them penalties to bail them out. 

I think you're doing our squad, manager and Salah a massive injustice there. Ok they might have a better bench but we have a better manager and I'd have Salah over Lukaku every day of the week. I'd also have our best starting 11 over theirs. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think you're doing our squad, manager and Salah a massive injustice there. Ok they might have a better bench but we have a better manager and I'd have Salah over Lukaku every day of the week. I'd also have our best starting 11 over theirs. 

Maybe, but their squad is exceptionally strong. So much talent to call on. I'd have Salah over Lukaku because of the way we play. Lukaku is just what they need – someone to put the ball in the net. 

Just now, Chris said:

Maybe, but their squad exceptionally strong. So much talent to call on. I'd have Salah over Lukaku because of the way we play. Lukaku is just what they need – someone to put the ball in the net. 

What do you think we need?

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Better 'squad' players and he's right but 'Fuggeddaboudit' is a load of arse. 

I don't think they've got better squad players.

They certainly have more, but most of them are shite.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

We'll see won't we. I just don't think a title challenge is remotely realistic. To expect one is a bit naive, IMO

From a squad that won the league at a canter the year before and have the best CB in the world and the fans back? Come on Chris. Top your glass up. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

From a squad that won the league at a canter the year before and have the best CB in the world and the fans back? Come on Chris. Top your glass up. 

You know full well that's not the full equation. Bobby and Sadio's form isn't just going to magically come back to the title winning season. Both were fucking awful for most of last season. Henderson was a phenomenon for those two seasons. Not the case anymore, with persistent injuries. Who knows whether Virg' will still be the BITW? Question marks over the fitness of every centre half, our most consistent midfielder gone and not replaced, Robbo has played so much fucking football and it really showed last season, Ali's form was suspect even before the family tragedy. 

All of our rivals have brought in world class players. 

I'm not saying it can't happen but absolutely everything has to go right for us to stand a chance. It won't. And having 500,000 fans inside Anfield wouldn't change that. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

You know full well that's not the full equation. Bobby and Sadio's form isn't just going to magically come back to the title winning season. Both were fucking awful for most of last season. Henderson was a phenomenon for those two seasons. Not the case anymore, with persistent injuries. Who knows whether Virg' will still be the BITW? Question marks over the fitness of every centre half, our most consistent midfielder gone and not replaced, Robbo has played so much fucking football and it really showed last season, Ali's form was suspect even before the family tragedy. 

I'm not saying it can't happen but absolutely everything has to go right for us to stand a chance. It won't. And having 500,000 fans inside Anfield wouldn't change that. 

Ok mate. Let's see. 

We finished last season well,  we have Van Dijk back a new centre back in place and the best manager in the league bar non , crowds back will definitely help .

Now I'm not saying were going to sweep everything before us because other teams have strengthened and we may or may not do so ( I reckon we will by the way ) 

Watch this space but  come April/ May I'm confident we'll be in the mix .

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Chris said:

That's because they didn't have many of them to begin with, save for City.

I'm still not sure why you're so adamant that practically the same squad that won everything, and was top in Janaury, has to do much to stay competitive.

We were the best team on the planet for nearly 3 years.