You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MK Dons (A) Rumbelows Cup 25/9/19

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

What the fuck is the point of advertising milk? I even thought that as a kid and never got an answer. 

"Hey kids have you thought about drinking the milk of another animal"?

I'm pretty sure our species considered that before the neolithic revolution. 

I'll never understand the point of advertising milk. Its like advertising the concept of chairs. 

09B12E4E-4646-4FD6-862F-A323F58E9B90.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Our 21s play Fleetwood in the Leasing.com Trophy on Wednesday evening too, so I don't expect too many youth/reserve players to be with the first team. There will be a few of course.

I'd run this side out against MK.

Adrian; Hoever, Gomez, Lovren, Larouci; Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner; Jones, Brewster, Shaqiri.

Subs: Lonergan, Matip, Chirivella, Keita, Clarkson, Firmino, Origi.

If Origi isn't fit then Harvey Elliott would be the obvious replacement, though I reckon 90 minutes against Fleetwood would be better for him. Same reason I've not picked Kelleher, as 90 minutes is more important than being sat on the bench in a League Cup game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dynamite said:

Our 21s play Fleetwood in the Leasing.com Trophy on Wednesday evening too, so I don't expect too many youth/reserve players to be with the first team. There will be a few of course.

I'd run this side out against MK.

Adrian; Hoever, Gomez, Lovren, Larouci; Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner; Jones, Brewster, Shaqiri.

Subs: Lonergan, Matip, Chirivella, Keita, Clarkson, Firmino, Origi.

If Origi isn't fit then Harvey Elliott would be the obvious replacement, though I reckon 90 minutes against Fleetwood would be better for him. Same reason I've not picked Kelleher, as 90 minutes is more important than being sat on the bench in a League Cup game.

Larouci got a knock last week think he will be fit mate?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Larouci got a knock last week think he will be fit mate?

I was just editing my post regarding Larouci.

I'm not 100% on Larouci as he's recently suffered with dehydration so not sure if the lad is fully good to go. Adam Lewis is the next obvious choice, but he too has just come back from a slight knock, so perhaps Milner at left back with Leighton Clarkson starting and bossing it from the 6 while Lallana watches on and sees how that role should be played.

5 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

I'm not 100% on Larouci as he's recently suffered with dehydration so not sure if the lad is fully good to go. Adam Lewis is the next obvious choice, but he too has just come back from a slight knock, so perhaps Milner at left back with Leighton Clarkson starting and bossing it from the 6 while Lallana watches on and sees how that role should be played.

From the bench or the playing surface??

Just now, dandyman said:

From the bench or the playing surface??

Oh, from the pitch. He'll learn more playing next to the lad.

In all seriousness, I like Lallana and think he'll do well in the 6, but I'm a big fan of the lad Clarkson and hope he's involved with the first team on Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Lewis was sub the other night as you know.

• Like 1

Guest Pistonbroke
36 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Lonergan

Hoever

Gomez

Lovren

Lewis

Lallana

AOC

Milner

Shaqiri

Jones

Brewster

Maybe Elliott for Milner and play Jones in midfield.

Keita is targeting this game for his comeback, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him start mate. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I hope so G.

He hadn't trained enough to make the bench Sunday but Klopp said Wednesday is the realistic target, so I'm guessing he'll certainly be on the bench and get at least 25-30 minutes if he doesn't start. 

1 hour ago, alles ist gut said:

Herbie Kane debut.

Elliott on the bench.

Lallana and Brewster both to limp off at some point.

Lewis to be sent off, if he plays in this game.

I did initially have Herbie on the bench instead of Keita. Swap Herbie with Pedro then...

I remember reading somewhere that the reason we didn't send Herbie out on loan was because Jurgen wanted a closer look at the lad in the league cup.

Herbie had a fantastic loan at Doncaster last season, and really should have gone back out on loan this season. The lad needs to be playing first team football.

11 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

I remember reading somewhere that the reason we didn't send Herbie out on loan was because Jurgen wanted a closer look at the lad in the league cup.

Herbie had a fantastic loan at Doncaster last season, and really should have gone back out on loan this season. The lad needs to be playing first team football.

Agree 100%. A player who can get into the League One team of the year at 19 while playing for a good-but-not-dominant side like Donny ought to be spending this season in the Championship, at the very least.

3 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

What the fuck is the point of advertising milk? I even thought that as a kid and never got an answer. 

"Hey kids have you thought about drinking the milk of another animal"?

I'm pretty sure our species considered that before the neolithic revolution. 

I'll never understand the point of advertising milk. Its like advertising the concept of chairs. 

Exactly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alles ist gut said:

Agree 100%. A player who can get into the League One team of the year at 19 while playing for a good-but-not-dominant side like Donny ought to be spending this season in the Championship, at the very least.

He had a move to hull fall through I think.  Sure he'll be out in January.  Might be a blessing in disguise if he gets a bit more time training with the first team