You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) 31/3/2019

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/01/tottenham-hotspur-real-madrid-champions-league-english-core?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Winks in particular was brilliantly assertive in that first half. The purring over his best moments has tended to centre on his “calmness”, the ability to appear unfazed by being asked to pass and receive a football, a level of praise for a basic elite skill that tells you all you need to know about recent English midfields.

Here he was up against a midfield powerhouse, arguably the top three in the world in their roles: Casemiro, king of suffocation; Toni Kroos, a wonderful passer; and Luka Modric a footballer who looks like he was born on the half‑turn, able to twist and turn and pause and do pretty much anything he wants with the ball.

In the back row of the press seats Spanish radio called the game with its usual pitch of enthusiasm, spitting out the names. Winks. Kane. Winks. There were a lot of Winkses. And there is so much to like about a player who makes the game feel this calm and orderly. Best of all Winks will often just stop and watch, reading where the ball might go next. Every team need a player like this. Given the current level of competition it seems self-evident Winks should get another chance to start in central midfield for England.

I had no idea Winks' dad was a journo.

Quite excited about this game if I'm honest.

In the past I've always been nervous against teams like Arsenal/Spurs because they can often be difficult games. I think this time around it's more about where we are and how much of a marker we want to put down. They're a good side and they've been brilliant this season but I still feel we're a cut above them and if we can put the hammer down on them tomorrow, I can't see any other team stopping us other than Hazard FC.

On 20/03/2019 at 14:51, viRdjil said:

Let’s replace Bobby with Eder as he won Portugal the Euros a couple of years ago. Lol logic as per from 3 Stacks.

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Why lie? We barely have exchanges 

In this very thread, no less. Sarcastically insulting me. Naughty naughty. 

11 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Whoops, rattled the 3 Spacks cage again!

Don't forget to send me a PM offering advice again!

Haha, yeah ok buddy. You for sure didn't have the moral high ground in the argument we had, i'll just leave it that. You're a weird guy.