You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham(h) PL-Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I heard that earlier. Quite mad really because I thought we usually had a 1 nil Anfield reverse against 1 a season. I'll never forget (or forgive) the Barnsley game in 97. 

Before the Blackpool game it was as far back as Man City in 2003 for the previous loss.

1 loss in 47 home games to newly-promoted teams after today.

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Trent has been horrendous. Again. I really want him to get his shit together. 

He needs a spell out of the team. Stinking the place out at the moment. 

He’ll still come good, but fuck me it’s painful watching him right now 

9 minutes ago, moof said:

He needs a spell out of the team. Stinking the place out at the moment. 

He’ll still come good, but fuck me it’s painful watching him right now 

How old is he? 19? 20? He's been a first-team starter since early last season, went to the World Cup, had a couple of weeks off, is now in the first team again with little rest. This is tough on a young player. He does need to be rotated more. The question is : who rotates with him?

22 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Nice goal that. Very nice, in fact.

It looks like his body is shaping up to give it the laces and twat it in, but then at the last moment switches to gently stroke it in. Lovely. 

Also the first goal has to be a point for the anti-VAR side. Instead of the quick break we'd be sat fingering our bum holes for 3 minutes waiting for the ref to quadruple check the decision. 

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I might be making it up but does it not just stop literally milliseconds before it's kicked?

That's what I thought. 

Shearer's adamant that the ball was "just rolling" and therefore our goal should have been disallowed.  Another entry for SteveO's book of Mo goals.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Because not near our best is still miles better than most teams, and rarely does anyone play their best against us because they’re scared and we don’t let them.

we’re not blowing teams away now, but it’s clear as day that we’re miles better than most in the league and we’re bloody hard to score goals against. That’s a decent combo.

unfortunately the same is true for City, and they score more goals and have much more depth than us.

if we’re still this close in January I’ll be pleasantly surprised, and from there who knows what can happen.

Shows how poor the league is with us still unbeaten. 

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's what I thought. 

Shearer's adamant that the ball was "just rolling" and therefore our goal should have been disallowed.  Another entry for SteveO's book of Mo goals.

It wouldn't have counted because it was a pace goal anyway.