You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Really good?!

Let's get this right - last night was the best Fabinho has played in ages, but he was still astoundingly, mind blowingly, horrifically shite.

Players like Fabinho; ie those who can't run, can't pass, have minimal composure and who are on massive wages, are the biggest problem we have.

Sell him asap. Take whatever we can get for him. He's washed up, can't move, done and dusted, just get him the fuck away from our club.

• Upvote 2

I thought he was quite good in the first half and seemed to be building on improved performances against Newcastle and Everton. But he looked outpaced and exposed in the second half and just seemed to lose interest - and the way he lost the ball and just almost looked resigned to a big chance going 70 yards behind him just makes me think his legs have gone and he knows it.

Not saying it's acceptable or anything but I think he just looks resigned to his fate and a bit lost as to how to adapt.

35 minutes ago, Manny said:

I thought he was quite good in the first half and seemed to be building on improved performances against Newcastle and Everton. But he looked outpaced and exposed in the second half and just seemed to lose interest - and the way he lost the ball and just almost looked resigned to a big chance going 70 yards behind him just makes me think his legs have gone and he knows it.

Not saying it's acceptable or anything but I think he just looks resigned to his fate and a bit lost as to how to adapt.

This is what I thought watching his small cameo at Brighton during the FA cup, he came on, put in some half hearted tackles that did nothing then proceeded to very nearly ruin a promising young lads seasons with an awful tackle that should have seen him get a red(that he the nervously laughed off). 

With that being said im kind of stuck as to what we do with him, most of me is on the get rid and move on train as im not sure where or how he improves but there is a small bit where I think he'd make a decent backup if we sort the midfield out and he finds a bit of form again.

55 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

He's 29.  Deciding there's no way he can come back to form and giving up on him is moronic in the extreme.  It might be next season before he does, but it'd be utterly stupid to just jib him off.  Thus why Klopp will keep him.

He looks and plays like an unfit and past it 36 year old. We should scrutinise his birth certificate to make sure he's telling us his correct age.

The first half was his best performance this season, by a long way but he was blowing out his arse in the second half & was a complete liability.

Johnny has a point that we can't just sell every underperforming player this summer but we're going to have to start shipping some of them or this period of regression will continue. He would have to come pretty high on the list for me.

Have always loved Fabinho, I think he's genuinely top class but I don't know what's happened to him. At 29 I see no reason he'd he be finished, he's just gone slow in the head. As has Sallah to be fair. Sometimes players just come to the natural end of their time at a club. I think Mane knew that was the case for himself which is why he wanted a new gig.

I'd move Fabinho on for both our sakes.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Have always loved Fabinho, I think he's genuinely top class but I don't know what's happened to him. At 29 I see no reason he'd he be finished, he's just gone slow in the head. As has Sallah to be fair. Sometimes players just come to the natural end of their time at a club. I think Mane knew that was the case for himself which is why he wanted a new gig.

I'd move Fabinho on for both our sakes.

Does Indy know?

10 hours ago, No2 said:

First half Fab was good, he was braver on the ball than he has been, he was taking the ball on the half turn and driving forward. He hasn't done that in months,  but like the rest of the side retreated back into his shell once they got a foothold. A few more performances like that and we might get a fee for him but we must not be fooled into thinking he has a first team future.

Agree with this, he was pretty good in the first half last night. 

I read the other day that, in terms of time on the pitch, he's at the stage a player's normally at when they're about five years older than him. 

Then again, it's hard to be precise about what's up with him. If you look at the Madrid game he was very good until the whole team started crumbling, but how much he was the cause and how much the consequence of that is up for debate.

Mentally, though, he seems as fragile as most of the others. Ginsoak sent Schmiechel off on holiday during a season; maybe Fab ought to just go away for a couple of weeks and then gets reassessed. At the moment it's like trying to figure out what's wrong with one cat in a sack of cats.

• Upvote 1

Anybody think he was deliberately trying to get sent off tonight?

For the 3rd time recently, he's come off the bench to be so far off the pace that quadraspazzed tortoises take the piss out of him, and he's putting in tackles which are so late and wide of the mark that it's genuinely made me wonder if he can't he be arsed?

Either way, he's a massive liability and shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, let alone the team.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

For the 3rd time recently, he's come off the bench to be so far off the pace that quadraspazzed tortoises take the piss out of him, and he's putting in tackles which are so late and wide of the mark that it's genuinely made me wonder if he can't he be arsed?

Either way, he's a massive liability and shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, let alone the team.

I think that is exactly what he was trying to do, for no other reason than I love a good conspiracy theory.

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

The biggest disappointment of all is that my most successful thread has gone this way. 
You got to feel for me in all this. 

Yea, he is going to continue to collect a wedge a week for years - probably along the coast of Spain with his undeniably cute partner enjoying their high life spoils no matter what.

You on the other hand...

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It did cross my mind. 

Was reading Madrid are interested, maybe he's known about the interest so is playing like a competition winner to get his move. Mad conspiracy of course but he's that bad the only other thing I can think of is he's been swapped with a brain dead clone. 

For the whole team to turn individually this shit what is going on.

I thankfully missed the game last night but I'm ready loads of comments, even from fans of other teams, saying he looked gassed within 5 minutes of coming on?

I thought the world cup break might refresh him but it's pretty clear the old Fabinho is not coming back. Hurts to say it but he'll probably have to be shipped out along with Keita and Oxlade Chamberlain if we're looking to properly rebuild our midfield.