You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There were performances all over the pitch and others will get headlines, but that was a proper grown ups performance from him today. He's looked loads better since being taken out of the team and having a little break..was it the derby his first game back? I'm sure we can get performances out of him again, but I think it's a really likely we'll have to manage his game time. That job at 6 for us is so tough. We play with one 6 and both fullbacks play further up the pitch than wing backs. He's taken his fair share of shit this reason (and rightly too, from fans and the manager) but it's great to see him back on his game. Long may it continue. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Freddo said:

Brilliant today. Looked the dominant player in the middle. Hopefully he can continue this form.

He was excellent,and so too was Hendo. It was like those two from two or three seasons bac. And how Fab got booked for one small infringement and Fernandes managed to stay on the pitch,and other Utd players,is beyond me. Fernandes man handling the linesman was at least a yellow and his blatant 'simulation' was another yellow,or two.

49 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He was excellent,and so too was Hendo. It was like those two from two or three seasons bac. And how Fab got booked for one small infringement and Fernandes managed to stay on the pitch,and other Utd players,is beyond me. Fernandes man handling the linesman was at least a yellow and his blatant 'simulation' was another yellow,or two.

Strong arguments for Fernandes and Shaw to be dismissed yesterday. Refereeing on this division is at a low ebb. To me, Fernandes should have seen a straight red for pushing the assistant in the back. You don't touch the officials. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

No. No. No. he’s finished. The forum brains said as much. He must be sold and that’s that. 

I think he,and Hendo,obviously need their game times managed to get the best out of them. Also,when Thiago isn't playing we do function better as a team despite Thiago's technical brilliance.

23 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think he,and Hendo,obviously need their game times managed to get the best out of them. Also,when Thiago isn't playing we do function better as a team despite Thiago's technical brilliance.

We've been a much better team since Thiago got injured.

Great player, but ...

Or is it just coincidence? 

On 05/03/2023 at 20:38, Carvalho Diablo said:

Best game of the season.

Much like our team as a whole, Fabinho is far more impressive on the front foot than the back.

The little chip over the defenders into the space where Salah is running for the first Nuñez goal is something we've seen before, but not nearly enough in recent months.

13 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The little chip over the defenders into the space where Salah is running for the first Nuñez goal is something we've seen before, but not nearly enough in recent months.

Yeah he used to make that pass quite often. As you say it's been missing. But he seems closer to goal and certainly looks more confident at the moment

Even though he was getting dogs abuse throughout on the match thread I honestly thought the first half against Madrid was the best he’d played in ages. I really hope he sustains this revival and regains the form that made him an integral part of our success over the last few years. 

1 hour ago, Shitty Arse said:

Even though he was getting dogs abuse throughout on the match thread I honestly thought the first half against Madrid was the best he’d played in ages. I really hope he sustains this revival and regains the form that made him an integral part of our success over the last few years. 

Agree with that. I thought he was really good until he started to tire a bit second half.