You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

God I miss the 80s.

It is truly mental.  I think it’s got a year, 18 months before the bubble bursts and then the back peddling will begin.  

You’ve got the same people saying ‘the BBC and Parliament are full of kiddy fiddlers’ demanding men access to female changing rooms.  I mean…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I mean this is normal isn’t it?  No safeguarding issues at all. 

Who is the adult in that photo?

Following the link, it's an article in which the child is telling her own story, so (presumably) she chose which photos go with it. The story above it shows another child posing with some pop star (or something - I don't recognise them, but that's what it looks like). Is the person in this picture some celebrity drag queen or something?

Might be best to ask a few questions and get a few facts before putting your Paedo-Finder General hat on.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Following the link, it's an article in which the child is telling her own story, so (presumably) she chose which photos go with it. The story above it shows another child posing with some pop star (or something - I don't recognise them, but that's what it looks like). Is the person in this picture some celebrity drag queen or something?

Might be best to ask a few questions and get a few facts before putting your Paedo-Finder General hat on.

What, it's taken 214 pages to get to the "drag queens are paedos" argument?

Well, that's longer than I thought but it got there eventually. Right I'm just off to call RuPaul a nonce. On Twitter.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It’s an 11 yr old boy dressed in a highly sexualised way, sitting with an adult man also dressed in a highly sexualised way on a bed.  It’s at a drag convention.  I mean who wouldn’t think that was a bit fucking off? 

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s an 11 yr old boy dressed in a highly sexualised way, sitting with an adult man also dressed in a highly sexualised way on a bed.  It’s at a drag convention.  I mean who wouldn’t think that was a bit fucking off? 

It's a trans girl posing for a photo with someone you can't be bothered to identify, but are happy to accuse of paedophilia.

You're the one who is "a bit off" here.

39 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's a trans girl posing for a photo with someone you can't be bothered to identify, but are happy to accuse of paedophilia.

You're the one who is "a bit off" here.

Ha ha ha, it’s fucking hilarious the things you’ll defend.   He’s just copying all the 11 yr old girls he goes to school with.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha, it’s fucking hilarious the things you’ll defend.   He’s just copying all the 11 yr old girls he goes to school with.  

I'll defend anyone accused of stuff with literally no evidence whatsoever, because, y'know... 

Just take a step back and think about what kind of person is happy to go flinging unsubstantiated accusations of the worst kind at people, based on who they are not what they do. If you're so precious about being called a bigot, don't act like a bigot.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'll defend anyone accused of stuff with literally no evidence whatsoever, because, y'know... 

Just take a step back and think about what kind of person is happy to go flinging unsubstantiated accusations of the worst kind at people, based on who they are not what they do. If you're so precious about being called a bigot, don't act like a bigot.

I think you’ve got this safeguarding thing wrong.  You don’t stop kids from speaking to strangers because every bloke is a paedo, it’s because some are.  Unfortunately they don’t have a sign with ‘I’m a paedo’.  

So, letting an 11 yr old boy dress as a girl in a highly sexualised manner, then sit with an adult male, holding hands also dressed in a highly sexualised manner, in a mock child’s bedroom, doesn’t ring any fucking alarm bells with you?  This is the free ride being trans gives you - and that’s why it’s exploited!  

19 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I think you’ve got this safeguarding thing wrong.  You don’t stop kids from speaking to strangers because every bloke is a paedo, it’s because some are.  Unfortunately they don’t have a sign with ‘I’m a paedo’.  

So, letting an 11 yr old boy dress as a girl in a highly sexualised manner, then sit with an adult male, holding hands also dressed in a highly sexualised manner, in a mock child’s bedroom, doesn’t ring any fucking alarm bells with you?  This is the free ride being trans gives you - and that’s why it’s exploited!  

Do you know who the adult in that picture is?

I don't, but someone on that Twitter thread has posted a picture suggesting that it's some sort of Ru Paul's Drag Race-connected "meet a celebrity" event. In that sense, not too dissimilar from from the other kid on the Mermaids site, posing with some pop star or other. (I really don't know young people's celebrity culture!) In your view of safeguarding, at what age do you think it's safe for children to pose for a picture with their favourite celebrity?

I realise that this is casting pearls before swine, but this isn't about "letting an 11 year-old boy dress as a girl": it's about letting a trans girl be herself. Also, of course, if a young boy wants to wear a dress, so fucking what! Let him. Finally, if you see a child in a dress and think she's "highly sexualised", you're an absolute fucking danger and someone needs to check your hard-drive.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Do you know who the adult in that picture is?

I don't, but someone on that Twitter thread has posted a picture suggesting that it's some sort of Ru Paul's Drag Race-connected "meet a celebrity" event. In that sense, not too dissimilar from from the other kid on the Mermaids site, posing with some pop star or other. (I really don't know young people's celebrity culture!) In your view of safeguarding, at what age do you think it's safe for children to pose for a picture with their favourite celebrity?

I realise that this is casting pearls before swine, but this isn't about "letting an 11 year-old boy dress as a girl": it's about letting a trans girl be herself. Also, of course, if a young boy wants to wear a dress, so fucking what! Let him. Finally, if you see a child in a dress and think she's "highly sexualised", you're an absolute fucking danger and someone needs to check your hard-drive.

This is what subscribing to this bollocks does to you, you have to deny the evidence of your eyes and argue black is white.  Everyone else can see this kid and how they are dressed.  The bloke is dressed similarly and they are sitting on a fucking bed.  No red flags there then?  Totally fucking normal. 

I see you are throwing paedo insults around now, your grandstanding didn’t last long. 

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This is what subscribing to this bollocks does to you, you have to deny the evidence of your eyes and argue black is white.  Everyone else can see this kid and how they are dressed.  The bloke is dressed similarly and they are sitting on a fucking bed.  No red flags there then?  Totally fucking normal. 

I see you are throwing paedo insults around now, your grandstanding didn’t last long. 

What the fuck are you on about?

It's a very simple question - do you know who the adult in that picture is? Very simple answer - no you don't and you haven't even tried to find out. And yet you're happy to imply that the child is in some kind of danger. 

You're beyond help.

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

FRDJ8yFWUAAKxdo?format=jpg&name=small

So, not the same as a child attending some sort of "pose for a picture with your favourite celebrity" event, then. It would be nice if Rico could acknowledge there's a difference, but he won't - weird things happen to him on this thread.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So, not the same as a child attending some sort of "pose for a picture with your favourite celebrity" event, then. It would be nice if Rico could acknowledge there's a difference, but he won't - weird things happen to him on this thread.

Have you read the comments below the picture? It's very weird. I wouldn't want my kid put in that sort of situation. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Have you read the comments below the picture? It's very weird. I wouldn't want my kid put in that sort of situation. 

Which sort of situation? 

There are two things getting conflated here.

One is that the kid is trans - but there's a big controversy over a child's ability to know that, etc. I'm swerving that controversy; I'm not going to pretend I'm qualified to understand it all and I'm happy to leave it to the doctors and the kids' families.

The other issue is that RuPaul has made drag massively popular and some drag queens are celebrities - the kind of celebrities that fans (of any age) might want to dress up like and pose for a picture with. It's a hell of a stretch to talk about grooming and safeguarding in that instance.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Which sort of situation? 

There are two things getting conflated here.

One is that the kid is trans - but there's a big controversy over a child's ability to know that, etc. I'm swerving that controversy; I'm not going to pretend I'm qualified to understand it all and I'm happy to leave it to the doctors and the kids' families.

The other issue is that RuPaul has made drag massively popular and some drag queens are celebrities - the kind of celebrities that fans (of any age) might want to dress up like and pose for a picture with. It's a hell of a stretch to talk about grooming and safeguarding in that instance.

Fair enough mate. I think it's weird and that picture makes me uncomfortable. If that's ok with you. 

*I have nothing against drag queens whatsoever. I had one of the funniest nights ever with a few of them, brilliant people. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fair enough mate. I think it's weird and that picture makes me uncomfortable. If that's ok with you. 

*I have nothing against drag queens whatsoever. I had one of the funniest nights ever with a few of them, brilliant people. 

Oh, yeah, it's a weird picture; but it's out of order the way Rico is happy to throw allegations of paedophilia around without even trying to find out what's going on in the picture. He wouldn't be that irrational on any other thread.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Scaredy Kat is due to appear at RuPaul's next DragCon too. It's like RuPaul is laughing at this thread and brazenly inviting known drag paedos to her event. 

Ah, so that's who it is.

Looks like the pretend bedroom set-up is just part of the image (and nothing to do with raping children, after all).

https://genius.com/Scaredy-kat-bedroom-queen-lyrics 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaredy_Kat