You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

45 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Seen mention of Saka as a possible replacement for Mane.

Almost on a par with replacing Suarez with Ballotelli 

No way, I think Saka is really talented but he has that Arsenal stench on him. He's young enough that he could get rid of that though. I'd defo take him if that release clause thing is true (40m). 

• Upvote 3

Bayern will deffo double that, easy, Mane is worth £150m to any side. There's no guarantee he'd go there next year if he was a free agent, he strikes me as the type to possibly see his arse if they don't make an effort. Like a bird. 

"plus £4m in add-ons payable if, for example, Bayern won the Champions League" - oh that would be a treat. Always happy to help. Spare a pahnd fer a cuppa tea, guvnor, gawd bless yer". They can sod off and not come back until they pay enough to help US win the Champions League.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dave u said:

No way, I think Saka is really talented but he has that Arsenal stench on him. He's young enough that he could get rid of that though. I'd defo take him if that release clause thing is true (40m). 

Not sure, I watched him a few times as he was getting rave reviews and I thought he looked very limited. Massive step down from Mane.  

As you say, maybe its the Arsenal effect  

He's what, 19? 20 maybe? Defo a step down from Mané but potentially he could end up being a lot better, depending on how he develops. How good was Sadio at that age?

I actually see him more as the eventual replacement for Salah (he mainly plays on the right) but if that clause is a thing then it's now or never really, so I'd get him this summer and then rotate him in and out of the line up this season. 

I'd also sign a number nine though. I'd be happy with Nunez.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dave u said:

He's what, 19? 20 maybe? Defo a step down from Mané but potentially he could end up being a lot better, depending on how he develops. How good was Sadio at that age?

I actually see him more as the eventual replacement for Salah (he mainly plays on the right) but if that clause is a thing then it's now or never really, so I'd get him this summer and then rotate him in and out of the line up this season. 

I'd also sign a number nine though. I'd be happy with Nunez.

As a potential for the future I see the logic- as long as FSG are feeling frivolous enough to do both that and a direct replacement of the required quality to hit the ground running     

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Bayern’s bid is definitely based on what we paid for Thiago. Very similar age, similar pedigree and same one year left on the contract. I can’t see them going that much higher. 

As you know Mane is never injured and is currently in great form, they can fuck off!

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Bayern’s bid is definitely based on what we paid for Thiago. Very similar age, similar pedigree and same one year left on the contract. I can’t see them going that much higher. 

I agree that’s why Bayern have started with that offer. But it’s a silly thing to do because if they try and compare the players then Bayern actually make the argument for a much higher transfer fee.  Thiago is extremely injury prone and has been his whole career and as he gets older the injuries will be more frequent and will take longer to recover from. Mane doesn’t get injured and is at peak fitness. Mane will probably play more game this season than Thiago does in the next 2 seasons. 

• Upvote 3