You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Watching this and it's actually quite unimpressive until late on. Most of the goals at the start are unconvincing finishes that go through the keeper's legs or the keeper gets a hand to it but can't keep it out. Not much was going in the corners. In fact, watching this reminded me of Darren Bent. He scored goals but he always looked like a shite finisher to me. 

By the end of this video though some of the finishes are quality. Some good headers and clearly he's good at pens. I thought he was a handful in both games against us and he was popping up all over the place, so he's not just a penalty box player.

I think Nunez quote unquote very clearly "fits the English game". He's big, runs fast, has good workrate. He's got qualities and some flaws. He's not someone to get very excited or down about if you're linked, it's pretty 50/50.

Could see it clearly working out if the club that signs him knows what they're doing. And if not, he could be really bad.

Oh the irony. All these years of Sadio being almost as invisible as Matip when it comes to the many forced sponsored videos, and then, after basically vacating the building, he pops up in what must surely be the dullest, most painful, pointless and random video of them all: Iddy's Barbershop.

This is like the recording that some rock band consigned to the vaults only to release it years later when their bass player left just to show him at his worst. It was probably gathering dust on the shelf when someone said, 'Sadio's going? Well let's finally put out that godawful haircut video then!' (Watch out, Ox - that one you filmed in the local branch of Heron Foods, discussing the imported frozen meals market with that little bloke called Alan - that's just waiting for your exit, so cheer the feck up!)

11 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nunez has 'Portuguese Andy Carroll vibes'. Saka has 'really shit' vibes. 

He may not end up worth whatever the fee is but as a player not a chance. This lad has the pace amd feet needed to make it. Carroll would have been a great player in the 60/70s. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Bollocks about Nunez. He looked class at Anfield 

I don’t think he was anywhere near as good as some are making out. Don’t get me wrong I’m not writing the guy off, but I do get the vibes from him that I got about Carroll (who banged in a 35 yarder at Anfield prior to joining us). He is, at least, more mobile than the Geordie shire horse. 

This is his Anfield performance. I honestly don’t think it was that impressive. Add him to the way we play.., I’m not sure he’s anywhere near the quality required. 

Posted the wrong video, sorry… will fix in a min

1 hour ago, Turkish Delight said:

Not sure if Nunez is the right man or not but he's no Andy Carroll. I read somewhere that only Alphonso Davies ran faster than him in the Champions League last year and it was only a tiny margin.

Andy Carroll barely ever broke out of a trot.

He always reminded me of a horse when he ran - he'd trot, he'd even canter at times, but he would never break out into a gallop. Some players time their runs so they arrive late in the box, but he was just late. Nunez looks like he can gallop.

• Upvote 2