You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

3F0BB115-9472-41C7-8A39-C93E167A1B7A.png

£23.5m??????

I’m not even sure I’d sell Minamino for that! 

Good Ward has told them to get real or fuck off. 

Reminds me of my early days of playing Football Manager, where I'd offer Messi 5k a week to join Chester City. But he'd have addon bonuses of 999 Billion providing he scores over 200 goals a season, wins every trophy available, cures cancer and achieves world peace. 

Never worked, the lad must have lacked confidence in himself to hit the targets. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

We should be asking for £80m for him. Even with only 1 year left either they pay the £80m or we keep him for another 12 months. 

£40m is way to cheap for Mane. 

Bayern want £50m for Lewendowski, £42.5m for Mane is likely about right.

4 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

So you are saying Mane will score 153 goals in the next 3 seasons for Bayern, eh?

No, but Mane is as has been stated 3 years younger and is not a striker is he? 
Not belittling Lewandovski obviously as he is world class but he is scoring for the team who win the league every year against some very average sides. But then I still can’t believe we paid £40 for Chamberlain with a year left.

42 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

No, but Mane is as has been stated 3 years younger and is not a striker is he? 
Not belittling Lewandovski obviously as he is world class but he is scoring for the team who win the league every year against some very average sides. But then I still can’t believe we paid £40 for Chamberlain with a year left.

£40 seems quite reasonable to be honest.

The problem with Mane is he wants to go, he wants to go now, and he wants to go there.

That's the same problem Bayern have with Lewendowski and Barcelona.

On the flipside, we don’t need to move quickly to get Nunez in if he's picked us.

It's simply all about getting this done in time for pre season for both clubs, and I think it'll be announced before the weekend is up.

• Upvote 2

Yeah last thing we want is all this dragging on until "deadline day" both ins and outs....could seriously fuck up first month of season and beyond as try and get players settled/gelling etc and as we know the room for error in league is virtually non existent.

We need it all sorted early and a good pre season and hit the ground running and all settled 

44 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Sad as it is if he wants to go let him go.  He’ll regret it, granted he’ll regret whilst sitting on a pile of cash taller than a house but nevertheless…

Well he gives most of it away so he won't be sitting on any pile of cash. 

The money is important though because doubling wages means doubling the amount of schools and hospitals he can pay for.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

Well he gives most of it away so he won't be sitting on any pile of cash. 

The money is important though because doubling wages means doubling the amount of schools and hospitals he can pay for.

Very important this, as some look to talk him down for the audacity of not wanting to play for us.

He joined us when he was 24.  He's now 30 and has won every trophy possible with us.  Not only is it the right time for us to look to move him and others his age on.  It's absolutely right he should look to want to go and play for one more big club before his career is over.

He's been brilliant.  He's won us everything.  He deserves to leave a legend.

• Upvote 1