You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Alan Johnson: ‘Corbyn is safe, Momentum should disband’

Alan Johnson, the former Labour minister, has called for Momentum to be disbanded after Jeremy Corbyn’s surprising success in the general election.

Mr Johnson, whose 30 years in parliament ended this year, issued a warning against “the doctrinaire left” trying to take over the “broad church” of the Labour Party. “

Momentum, by now, should have disbanded. Jeremy Corbyn by now is very safe,” he told Prospect. “I don’t see the point of a separate organisation which is just a fan club for the leader.”

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/alan-johnson-corbyn-safe-momentum-disband/

o8sLhC5.gif

Does he still write for Progress?

Did he mention Brexit to them?

You not arsed to listen for 10 minutes?

The only explicit reference was calling for all EU nationals in the UK to keep their rights. The rest of the speech was broader- about the way society, the economy and politics should be and can be. Whatever happens with Brexit is just part of that.

You not arsed to listen for 10 minutes?

The only explicit reference was calling for all EU nationals in the UK to keep their rights. The rest of the speech was broader- about the way society, the economy and politics should be and can be. Whatever happens with Brexit is just part of that.

I'm on holiday, can't be arsed to do much other than drink Superbock. Bit like Jezza when he went on holiday during the campaign last year. If he'd mobilised the youth 13 months ago they wouldn't be faced with biggest crisis the country's faced in decades.

• Upvote 1

I'm on holiday, can't be arsed to do much other than drink Superbock. Bit like Jezza when he went on holiday during the campaign last year. If he'd mobilised the youth 13 months ago they wouldn't be faced with biggest crisis the country's faced in decades.

Certainly an interesting perspective.

• Upvote 1

Certainly an interesting perspective.

It's the line that the Blairites pushed and the media lapped up. Doesn't matter that it's not true- it was a good enough lie to launch Angela Eagle and Owen Smith on their comedy challenges.

Have a superbock for me, Rico.

• Upvote 1

kygx8ZS.jpg

He made over 100 public appearances in which he espoused staying in the E.U and reforming negative aspects of the Union from within. Just from recollection, this was 30-40 more public appearances than the other Remain campaign figureheads. Plus, 67% of Labour votes voted to remain.

Only an inveterate dimwit could lay any blame for Brexit at Corbyn's door when it was clearly the result of David Cameron's idiotic gamble to quell internal strife within in the Tory party.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

He made over 100 public appearances in which he espoused staying in the E.U and reforming negative aspects of the Union from within. Just from recollection, this was 30-40 more public appearances than the other Remain campaign figureheads. Plus, 67% of Labour votes voted to remain.

Only an inveterate dimwit could lay any blame for Brexit at Corbyn's door when it was clearly the result of David Cameron's idiotic gamble to quell internal strife within in the Tory party.

Do you believe JC did enough to prevent Leave? Do you believe he put the same effort as in his election campaign?

For the record I think both leaders were fucking wank on he issue and I'm sure my remain views are clear.

So, he won the Leadership campaign, 'lost' on Brexit and lost the election. No wonder you love him...