You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

Henderson: "It was a good night for us last week. But at the same time it's only halfway. We'll go into it very confident we can finish job"

Henderson: "We'll focus on our game plan. If we do that it won't matter what United do."

Henderson: "The fans were brilliant last week. You could sense it in the warm up."

Henderson: "We can't worry about what United do. Main focus is on what we want to do. We'll play high intensity football."

Henderson: "Last few weeks we have been building momentum and confidence. Last week was a big result but it's only halfway."

Henderson: "The lads will have experienced games like this before. We have to prepare as normal."

Henderson: "We need the same intensity as last week. Hopefully we can do the business."

Klopp: "I am really looking forward to it. It's one of best things in football to play Man United, especially when you are manager of LFC"

Klopp: "The challenge is to play our best. We just have to play again as we did in the first leg."

Klopp: "How many Liverpool fans will be here? 3,000. That's enough."

Klopp: "The atmosphere here will depend on how we play. The atmosphere was so good at Anfield because of how we played from first minute."

Klopp: "I enjoy to breathe the stadium the night before the game. There was no way we weren't going to take opportunity to train here."

Klopp: "When you see the number of km run it's not more than before but it's about better timing. We need to do that again."

Klopp: "You have to stay cool. You have to take your plan and see it through. We have to do things in the right way."

Klopp: "I am an optimistic guy. We know that we know how to play them. But we have to work for this. We need to be brave and aggressive."

Klopp on Fellaini being available: "People at UEFA thought it was a normal challenge. They gave me 3 games (ban) for my face in Naples!"

Klopp: "Emre Can is in a really good way. Everyone can see it. He's in really good shape. He has made a big step."

Klopp: "It's football and the ball is round. Right? I am not scared, I am not afraid."

Klopp: "We made our position better with the result in the first leg but it's not a holiday tomorrow."

• Upvote 2

Post match presser quotes.

Klopp: Phil produced a genius moment. I love this.

Klopp: A brilliant moment decided the game tonight.

Klopp: My dream is to win all games. This is a draw, but we're through so that's good!

Klopp: Intensive fight against a big opponent? Cool.

Klopp says Coutinho has to trust himself more. "It was the most unexpected thing he could do."

Klopp asked if he wants Dortmund. "Why would I want the strongest team?!"

The tune to the song is Austrian rockers Opus’s Live is life, and here are the lyrics:

“He’s taking over power.

“He’s only just begun,

“He’s going to bring us glory,

“And he fucking hates the S*n,

“Jurgen Klopp, na, na, na, na ,na.”

Klopp going for the casual look. Wearing a Beatles T-shirt for his press conference.

Klopp: "You can keep on making jokes about Beatles songs but I don't understand them."

Klopp: "We have to wait for the draw. If you want to win this competition you have to beat the best teams. Long way still to go."

Klopp: "Last night was great. It was a nice feeling. It was a big thing to do to beat Manchester United."

Klopp: "We have Southampton and then a two-week break when the players are all around the world. We need to figure out who can play Sunday."

Klopp on Flanagan contract: "I was a bit involved in the negotiations. We are all happy. He is our boy."

Klopp on Flanagan: "There are lots of full-backs in the world but not many Scouse ones."

Klopp: "Confidence is a flower. If you step on it then it's away in a second. It is harder to let it grow than die."

Klopp: "It was a perfect night for us at Southampton last time. Two good sides. They are a really good side. We need to be at 100%"

Klopp: "We are a team with an intensive style. We need a high rhythm. We have to win our games and see what happens with the other teams."

Klopp: "Ronald Koeman was a world class player as well so don't compare him to me! Thankfully, we don't have to play against Ronald Koeman,"

Klopp on Moreno: "We are waiting on the scan. We saw nothing in scan which is good. But Alberto is a player who doesn't usually feel pain."

Klopp on Lovren: "I saw in his eyes when I came here he wasn't in best situation. I remember his 1st game v Dortmund. He was outstanding."