You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

Klopp has given an interview or press conference in German today. Here are the highlights of what he said:

Transcript

Mario Gotze

"There is nothing to add. He's (Gotze) a player with extraordinary abilities & wants to return to full fitness after 4 months out."

"We can talk about Matip or something else, but not Mario (Gotze) I am happy that he put in a good performance yesterday."

Dortmund

He believes Dortmund are favorites for the EL tie

"We know that Borussia Dortmund are strong but we know that they are beatable nevertheless."

"If we are on a good day and we have a plan and we implement it properly, then it is not a picnic to play against us"

He says Liverpool have to be brave when facing Dortmund because Dortmund are doing so much better than Liverpool

He says this place [Dortmund] is not greater than anywhere else and they have the space it gives them

Knowing the players is only a slight advantage. "I, as a manager, can tell them many, many thing. But in the end it is up to the players to implement their game."

Liverpool city

He is very well settled at Liverpool now and even gives autographs to his neighbours, so he can live a "normal life"

People of Liverpool are friendly and opinionated, just like Dortmund.

He has visited Dortmund once since joining Liverpool. The trip for the match will be his second.

"There is pressure on both sides in the game. Who ever better handles it, has not won yet, but will have it easier."

• Upvote 2

Klopp on facing Spurs again 6 months on: "It's a massive difference. I know much more about the players and the club."

Klopp: "Now everyone knows how strong Tottenham is. It's an important game for both sides. They have to win to put pressure on Leicester."

Klopp: "Two tournaments is not a problem for us. It's always difficult with national break. But we will use this time to be well prepared."

Klopp: "This is my 39th game here? Then Dortmund will be 40. Cool."

Klopp: "Lads have been able to forget club football for a moment. We shouldn't think too much about losing to Southampton."

Klopp: "It was a game where in the 1st half we showed how good we can be. In the 2nd half we had problems with our rhythm."

Klopp: "The dilemma is not too big. Origi is back in training. He's available. Benteke is not available. We have to wait for assessments."

Klopp on Firmino: "It will be close. We will make a decision tomorrow. We can't pressure him in this situation. We'll see how he feels."

Klopp: "Origi is back in training. He's available. Benteke is not available."

Klopp: "What kind of manager would I be if I said I wanted Sturridge to have a nice holiday and not go to the Euros?"

Klopp: "The better we play, the bigger the chances for all our players to play for their national team."

Klopp: "Liverpool v Tottenham. It's not a birthday party. It will be a hard fight."

Klopp: "We're not involved in the title race so I'm not that interested. But we are interested in tomorrow."

Klopp: "I like stories like this (Tottenham). I like Leicester's story too. I know things like this are possible."

Klopp: "Both Spurs/Leicester have handled it well. Hopefully in future we can be more of a part in the title race than we are this season."

Klopp on Origi: "He's in a really good way. When we came to #LFC we could see he wasn't full of confidence. He's made big steps."

Klopp: "We are in a good way. We are optimistic about the future. We used these 2 weeks to work intensively with players that were here."

Klopp on international break to Tenerife: "A lot of young players showed (me) their qualities for the future."

Klopp: "The young players have worked hard. They are not involved tomorrow, but will be in a year or two."

Klopp: "This is a decisive time for Tottenham. This is good opportunity for them to be champions. They've had good situation with injuries."

Klopp: "It will be a high intensive game and we have to ready for that. To know about their situation is important for our preparation."

Klopp asked which club is bigger #LFC or Dortmund

"This club is bigger, I have to say. Perhaps a few people don't want to hear that"

Klopp: "We are Liverpool Football Club & we have to show we know this. We don't have to worry about the aims of other teams, only our own."

Klopp on Lallana: "I always knew how strong he was. He wrote a nice story at Southampton. I'm happy now that more people recognise that."

• Upvote 3

Milner: "All the attention on him makes it very easy for us! We can just focus on the football."

Milner: "It's a great competition to be in and another chance of silverware. We know we can beat anyone on our day."

Milner: "They have a lot of good individuals but we have prepared well. We will need to be on top of our game."

Milner: "It's two top teams with great European history. This tie wouldn't look out of place in the Champions League."

Milner: "It's two top teams with great European history. This tie wouldn't look out of place in the Champions League."

Milner: "We're going out to win the game on the night. We will be positive."

Now the main event.....

Klopp: "Dortmund have a cool way of playing. They are courageous and aggressive going forward. It won't be easy but we are well prepared."

Klopp: "We were lucky to get here early so it gave me 20mins to catch up with old friends.

Would have been bit daft not to get that chance."

Klopp: "Tomorrow is different. It's the game. It's about football. We will make our way straight to the dressing room."

Klopp: "We haven't travelled here without any hope of getting a result tomorrow. Will be moments in the game when we get our chances."

Klopp interrupts translator.....

"If Dortmund score I won't celebrate for sure!"

Klopp: "It's better to be here than in North Korea or something!"

Klopp: "We're always played v our best friends & always wanted to beat them. It's no problem. I don't think about my situation for 1 second"

Klopp: "They are in a better moment but we've had lot of good moments in our season.

If we're not good then it will be easy for Dortmund."

Klopp: "If there's one little advantage for us it's that Dortmund started a few years ago beating favourites."

Klopp: "We have to play our best, top level football, then we'll have a chance. If we are as good as we can be then it will be tight match."

Klopp asked for reaction to news his old neighbours have had a collection for him...

"Depends what it is. Does everyone here really like me?

• Upvote 2