You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

Press conference quotes:

Klopp: "We scored the goals in the right moment, 2-0 at half-time is a good result even when you had a 2-0 lead a week ago [vs. S'land]."

Klopp: "We played without Adam Lallana, without Lucas Leiva, Martin Skrtel is still injured."

Klopp: "Sturridge is a high-quality striker. The perfect goal. [but] you have to get results even when your best players aren't available."

Klopp: "That's the best thing - I can't tell who scored the goals! Clyney and Daniel and Divock with his first touch. That's perfect!"

Klopp: "It's a good day for us, and a hard day for Aston Villa."

Klopp: "We need the goals of Daniel, and he needs the goals - that's clear."

Klopp: "It's not a surprise he can score goals, but it's a surprise how in-tune he is with the team. He's a real striker."

Klopp: "We can only speak about this when he's available. Today was brilliant, you saw he was not too happy when we took him off."

Klopp: "It made sense to take him out. It was okay, it was perfect for him. Hopefully he's available for the next game too."

Klopp: "This is not a day for us to sing songs - that's partly out of respect for Aston Villa, a great club having a difficult time."

• Upvote 1

We've all read Klopp standing shoulder to shoulder with the Dortmund fans when they protested a ticket hike, from 15 Euros to 18 Euros.

We all heard him criticise the Anfield atmosphere, less than 5 months ago, surely against the wishes of people who make their money on that premise.

For him to speak as ambiguously as he did makes him a hypocrite, or a fucking coward, in my opinion.

I get that you are not a fan of Klopp but I dont think he deserves stick over the ticket prices,at least not yet anyhow.

He's sitting on the fence while trying to sort out the shittest football team in a long time.

I think I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt short term as hes only been here a few months and wait until hes been here a bit longer before criticising him on this.

His criticism of the fans leaving early when he got here was a salient one but he did recognise that his team had to play a part in it too by giving the fans something to shout about. A Cup Final is a reasonable start.

• Upvote 2

Jurgen Klopp and Emre Can attending #LFC press conference in Augsburg shortly. Updates to follow....

Emre Can: "I think everything is going well for me. I am developing as a player and I am working hard."

Can: "I have good memories of Augsburg. Played against them twice. We won them both and I got the winner."

Klopp: "I didn't actually flee Germany! My last trip was for the Oktoberfest."

Klopp: “Bundesliga clubs are never easy to play against. Augsburg are a special story in Germany".

Klopp: "Augsburg say this is the biggest game in their history. Imagine how ready they are for this game!"

Klopp on the challenge ahead vs. Augsburg: "We have work to do. Markus Weinzerl has done well at the club."

Klopp: "Augsburg are a good team - compact, physical. It's not as if every single game we get good results."

Klopp: "Everyone wants to get as far as they can in the Europa League and that's the aim for both teams."

Klopp: "We all know how important this competition is."

Klopp: "My cousin lives in Augsburg. I llke the south of Germany. I am used to this environment and feel very comfortable."

Klopp: "Liverpool and Augsburg are different stories. We should not compare ourselves too much."

Klopp: "Liverpool have a big history in England and Europe. Go anywhere in the world, Liverpool are known everywhere."

Klopp: "If you go to Asia, Africa everyone knows Liverpool. With all respect to Augsburg they’re not so well known."

Klopp on Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel: “I like him, I like the way he works. He waited a long time (to get a big job) and I wish him well.”

Klopp: "Matip is a very good player, he's 24 years old, he's experienced and he wants to develop himself. We are really happy we have him."

Asked if he'll take more players from Ger, Klopp said: "I don't know. We didn't get Matip just cos he's from Bundesliga. He wants to develop.

I get that you are not a fan of Klopp but I dont think he deserves stick over the ticket prices,at least not yet anyhow.

He's sitting on the fence while trying to sort out the shittest football team in a long time.

I think I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt short term as hes only been here a few months and wait until hes been here a bit longer before criticising him on this.

His criticism of the fans leaving early when he got here was a salient one but he did recognise that his team had to play a part in it too by giving the fans something to shout about. A Cup Final is a reasonable start.

I am a massive fan of Klopp.

He's a once in a generation transformative figure.

If you look how robustly he spoke out in favour of Dortmund fans and juxtapose it, with his remarks in a much harsher scenario at Liverpool, well I think it speaks volumes. The only thing that has changed is he now gets paid £135K a week.

And that makes him, at best, a hypocrite, or, at worst a coward.

I am a massive fan of Klopp.

He's a once in a generation transformative figure.

If you look how robustly he spoke out in favour of Dortmund fans and juxtapose it, with his remarks in a much harsher scenario at Liverpool, well I think it speaks volumes. The only thing that has changed is he now gets paid £135K a week.

And that makes him, at best, a hypocrite, or, at worst a coward.

When he made his comments about the Dortmund fans (which I don't know about btw), how long had he been at the club? I'm assuming more than 4 months?

I personally think you are chatting shit, so basically what you're saying is that because he's on massive wages now he would not dare to bite the hand that feeds him. Really? If it was about money, I'm sure he could have got a bigger pay day else where and probably had an easier life to go with it.

• Upvote 2

When he made his comments about the Dortmund fans (which I don't know about btw), how long had he been at the club? I'm assuming more than 4 months?

I personally think you are chatting shit, so basically what you're saying is that because he's on massive wages now he would not dare to bite the hand that feeds him. Really? If it was about money, I'm sure he could have got a bigger pay day else where and probably had an easier life to go with it.

Just to clarify, Klopp supported Dortmund fans who were protesting, because away tickets were more than 20 Euros.

I think it is worth pointing out, when I posted and when Klopp spoke. They both preceded FSG's apology and retreat. I'm genuinely not trying to be arsey, but you're now defending a view that even American Hedge fund managers don't.

Just to clarify, Klopp supported Dortmund fans who were protesting, because away tickets were more than 20 Euros.

I think it is worth pointing out, when I posted and when Klopp spoke. They both preceded FSG's apology and retreat. I'm genuinely not trying to be arsey, but you're now defending a view that even American Hedge fund managers don't.

This is what Klopp said after being at Dortmund 4 years.... You made it sound like he'd walked out with the fans!

“Who knows what these people endure to be here and support us in the stadium? If then 1,000 fans leave the stadium, I guess their concerns are quite big. We all have to be careful, that’s clear, not to make things worse, there have to be talks. Either [the talks] were of no avail or have not taken place up to now. I can really understand the protest.”