You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

28 minutes ago, Boss said:

No, because you'd use two machines. One would enter into the compartment in the back to scan it for human beings and the other would scan the underside of the lorry and also the top and sides to make sure there isn't a cheeky Latvian trying to hang on. Then the facial recognition software would analyse the driver to see whether they are a British citizen or not. If not they get denied, if yes, they get accepted but only if they're not panicked. 

This idea is ace. You’ve just found someone clinging to the wheel axels beneath a lorry...crank up the facial recognition software to make sure it isn’t just aul’ Bob having a lend of the border guards again.

What’s he like?!!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Boss said:

No, it'd take months of work. There'd still be people unregistered - like babies etc. Although you could make it mandatory to get a photo taken of your baby when you get your immunity jabs. You wouldn't need to facially scan any Irish people because they wouldn't be allowed in.

Super fun times, this. What a lark. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I reckon the UK Government should send Boss to Brazil, I'm sure he can sort everything out within a couple of days. Plus if we're lucky he'll fall in the Amazon and be eaten by something. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Yes, I think people voted knowing what they were doing. No deal is closest to what Brexit voters wanted - ie sovereignty, autonomy and stronger borders. I think it's pretty obvious how I voted in the referendum. There's only been two deals on the table. No deal is preferable to May's deal in my opinion because May's deal has the NI backstop and diverts the decision making to the EU.

Drowning in bullshit here.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

That's because the game has changed in the last 3 years. We've seen exactly what's on offer from the EU and it's a turd on a stick. So the only logical conclusion is to tell them to stick it up their arse and go our own way. 

Nothing has changed.  What's on offer is what was always on offer.  There never were any "sunlit uplands", no "easiest deal in history", no £350 million a week for the NHS and no "taking back control".  The whole Leave campaign was nothing but lie after lie.  Johnson knew it, Davis knew it, Farage knew it and the nearly half of the electorate who voted to remain knew it.

51.9% of the electorate were conned three and a bit years ago.  Forcing the entire population (apart from the absolute richest, of course) to pay for their gullibility is not fucking democratic!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Drowning in bullshit here.

Nothing has changed.  What's on offer is what was always on offer.  There never were any "sunlit uplands", no "easiest deal in history", no £350 million a week for the NHS and no "taking back control".  The whole Leave campaign was nothing but lie after lie.  Johnson knew it, Davis knew it, Farage knew it and the nearly half of the electorate who voted to remain knew it.

51.9% of the electorate were conned three and a bit years ago.  Forcing the entire population (apart from the absolute richest, of course) to pay for their gullibility is not fucking democratic!

Nobody is forcing anybody. A vote happened and is now being implemented. You had your vote and you lost.

21 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

This idea is ace. You’ve just found someone clinging to the wheel axels beneath a lorry...crank up the facial recognition software to make sure it isn’t just aul’ Bob having a lend of the border guards again.

To be sure 

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm still going with the idea that Boss was beaten up by a 14 year old Polish lass at some point and is still holding a grudge against all EU Immigrants. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

No doubt there were brief discussions on Andy's latest holiday snaps 

Rees-Mogg and mark Spencer flew to Balmoral to ask on behalf of Johnson. She was always going to agree with it, as she always does. The issue now is for others to find out if it was lawful through a Judicial review. There is also still enough time, albeit just a few days, to have a VONC. 

It really is a shit show and an embarrassment.  

I see Donald Trump has tweeted his support, I wonder why. 

This country really is going to hell in a handcart part of me thinks fuck it let the lunatics sail us over the cliff but don't come crying to me when in 5 yrs time your granny needs a operation but you find it's been sold off to Trump and no insurance company will entertain covering her ., but part of me thinks well why should this cunt Johnson just steam roller this complete and utter bollocks through without any checks and balances .