You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

You mean like we were able to invest our transfer in-comings on a World Class player last season?

If world class talent didn't want to come and play in the Champions League this season they sure as hell are not going to come and play in the Europa League next season.

Selling him is a win for his agent, a lose for us and the the jury would be firmly out on what that would mean for Raheem.

Reading Boss's post again there's a ridiculous amount of wishful thinking (especially the bit about replacing Sterling with someone world class) so I'm wondering now if it was actually wrote with a hint of sarcasm.

(edit, explained in the post by Boss above, still wishful thinkin)

"Live within our means" is total utter bullshit i never signed up to, that was maybe a position held as a basic alternative to indebting us to high hell when we would have been happy just to have a club that exists. I never lowered the requirement of any owner to invest their own money in, you can laugh at the notion of net spend but along with commercial deals means at no point have they put their own money in, bar buying the club for half its value everything else the club generated. So what are the owners there for? Just to manage the clubs money? Dont you think sec, owning liverpool requires not only managing revenues but investing your own money? You think we can win things with no new investment or that its right on principle to not put pennies down and boost the transfer kitty? If not then anyone of us could get an accountant to balance the books. Theyve spent half a billion because thats what the club generated, are you telling me theyve put half a billion of their own, fsg money, into us? No didnt finkso.

Spot on mate and that was going to be my reply if someone said he brings other things apart from goals and assists, Ings running and hold up play is better while I'd fancy him getting more goals then Sterling up front for us.

Fucking hell just bring back Downing and Carroll, and while we're at it make Borini a regular. Is Aspas still on our books?

Fucking hell just bring back Downing and Carroll, and while we're at it make Borini a regular. Is Aspas still on our books?

You maybe misinterpreting the criticism of sterling as an endorsement for Ings as a direct replacement.

Obviously i mean binning Rodgers and getting someone like Klopp / Ancelotti in first, i wouldn't trust Rodgers to sign one good player if he had £100m to spend. A well respected manager can bring a better class of player and lets face it i'd prefer even relatively average players like Bolasie or Benteke over Sterling right now. He really offers us very little and he's an absolute twat to boot.

I think you meant if you got someone like Dortmunds dof in as he has been signing all the players and not Klopp.

Ancellottis in a similar boat as the last few clubs he's been at he's had players signed for him while the clubs he's been at have been competing at the top end of the market.

At Milan where he had some control his signings left a lot to be desired and some that he signed at Chelsea were also shite.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of FSG. They're a problem without doubt, but I'm baffled as to how they should shoulder any blame for Sterling. Ambition, money, champions league contention and all the rest of it, if Sterling was at Nottingham Forest I'd still think he was out of order. A 20 year old who's been playing for 18 months, and only playing well for 6 months, has no business making demands.

• Upvote 4

Raheem can potentially go on and be a very good player, right now his stats are average and it's not hard to get a player that can match or better them.

Well seeing as though my initial response was to the post that basically suggested Sterling will flop, we'll replace him with someone world class and our young players will learn a valuable lesson for the future my point still stands. Wishful thinking.

I think you meant if you got someone like Dortmunds dof in as he has been signing all the players and not Klopp.

Ancellottis in a similar boat as the last few clubs he's been at he's had players signed for him while the clubs he's been at have been competing at the top end of the market.

At Milan where he had some control his signings left a lot to be desired and some that he signed at Chelsea were also shite.

He signed such shite as Inzaghi, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Rivaldo, Seedorf, Nesta, Leonardo, Kaka, Cafu, Crespo, Stam, Vieri, Ronaldo, Shevchenko, Beckham, Ronaldinho amongst others. I say give this man money and say bring in who you want.

• Upvote 4

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of FSG. They're a problem without doubt, but I'm baffled as to how they should shoulder any blame for Sterling. Ambition, money, champions league contention and all the rest of it, if Sterling was at Nottingham Forest I'd still think he was out of order. A 20 year old who's been playing for 18 months, and only playing well for 6 months, has no business making demands.

No i was wrong i do agree actually. Have you tried consolodating our problems into one manageable monthly rant?

• Upvote 1

He's just a disappearing little fart in big games. If arsenal come in for him it will be good watching him try to leave them in a year, if he doesn't disappear in their reserves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He signed such shite as Inzaghi, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Rivaldo, Seedorf, Nesta, Leonardo, Kaka, Cafu, Crespo, Stam, Vieri, Ronaldo, Shevchenko, Beckham, Ronaldinho amongst others. I say give this man money and say bring in who you want.

He signed shit aswell which is why he was finishing outside of the cl places, even players you listed were shit signings, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Beckham were all finished when he signed them and didn't contribute.

The only way they could be described as a success would be because of shirt sales and if that's the logic Joe Cole and Balotelli were good signings for us.

• Upvote 1

He is wanted by the big clubs, hence all this bollocks.

Who will actually pay a lot for him though (40-50mill) and pay him 150k a week? I find that totally baffling! Maybe Citeh purely because he's English. I just can't see Arsenal buying him and Chelsea don't need him. I don't think he'll go overseas either. He must obviously have a deal tied up for him to be forcing the issue. Fingers crossed wherever he ends up he'll end up with splinters in his arse.

I'm not happy with Sterling one bit. Several of our former players have said it like it is, Carra in particular. Sterling has done nothing in the game. Potential? Yes. Realized potential? Not even close.

If he wants to win trophies then he should play in such a way as to influence that outcome. Don't disappear on a nice big Wembley pitch in a semi final. And don't hide when it's penalty time in Europe. Lovren has his own issues, but the fella stepped up and took that fifth spot kick while Raheem slinked around in the background. Perhaps he knew that if he had to kick it 12 yards it might not make it all the way to the goal. 

Sell. Sell. Sell. But since there's lots of money around the Premier League, and since he is young, English, and (here's that word) in possession of lots of potential, then it has to be for a good price. I could see all four teams ahead of us being interested, which will only strengthen our negotiating position. 

There are players at other clubs we could do with. In some ways you want cold hard cash, but the way we have spent money in the recent past leaves a lot to be desired, so possible player exchange might be the way to go.