You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

This is the thing though. They are not amateurs, they know exactly what they are doing, making the. Club as lean as possible, maximising commercial potential before selling at a massive profit. What happens on the pitch is not important and winning silver shiny things even less so

Yep.

Classical hicks and gillette carpet baggers but with more resources and contacts and no need to burden loans on the club just cut the overheads to minimal to maximise the marketability of our upside potential and wait for a take over bid. In the meantime use the club for fsg pr, political capital and to add prestige to their portfolio brand value. The club value wont go down much it will continue to grow and fsg also can wait for the soccer thing to take off in the USA bigtime as tv deals over there and fanbase opps are of massive potential. Getting rid of fsg will be tricky Id urge season ticketers not to renew as a first step but its upto them. Make a stand now or there might not be anyone left to get to da choppa. Fans need to take control and play their part in making the club great again, fsg wouldnt know how to do it if you pinned the recipe for footballing success if you pinned it to their bewildered wildebeast dollarpower faces with a large nailgun. To be great again we need to remove these cancerous snakeoil hicks and gillette with slicker pr skillz and a whole team of purslows who havnt got a clue about players rodgers being one, a purslow cant beleive his luck manager who is not fit to sniff shanklys farts had we had the forsight to have sealed them in jars for posterity. No one is going to want to keep rodgers jarred farts at the club onces hes joined mclaren, holloway, chris ramsey, john carver and all the other up and coming never have beans on a fry up in the chumpionship. I cant tell by his face that it wont be an issue rodders loves the tingle in his nose of one of his own farts and would not be parted from his beloved jars. Hes storing them all, tinned farts potted farts, rodgers fart chunks in brine, as well as the late night leftover ones his wife wraps in clingfilm and takes in with him erryday to work, get a waft at lunchtime then back onto the training pitch. Anyway im thinking next year will be relegation fights looking at our squad, scouting team, manager and owners. Theres hungier better run clubs coming up.

Clubs who dont sack premiership winning managers who happen to be club legends after getting to two cup finals having already decided 6months prior that you americans dont like the man. It was clear then that priorities were wrong but at the time though not many wanted the king gone, the club sack him our docile fans cheered happy cos fsg told them and propaganda works sadly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have absolutely no issue with Sterling wanting to go for the sake of his career.  He only gets one.  I do have an issue with the way he's going about it.  And his agent comes across as a right prick.  Sterling does appear to be precisely the sort of player you don't want around in situations like this.  This wanting out has definitely impacted his performance; he was nowhere near this level of shite last year.  If we keep him for an extra season, we will do so with the likelihood that he won't be playing.  

If we can get anywhere over 30m for him, we really should get rid of him.  

• Upvote 2

Comparing FSG to G&H is just pure laziness, we've spent monumental amounts of money since they took over. Nobody forced Dalglish to spend £35 million on Carroll or Rodgers to spend £20 million on Lovren. 

If anything, FSG have been guilty of listening too much to what they thought the fans wanted, appointing anything with a pulse to fan committees and listening to bloggers' opinion. Appointing Dalglish was all about the fans, if it'd been looked at in the cold light of day, they'd have seen a manager who was years out of the game with a questionable recent transfer record to say the least. 

Appointing Rodgers was the wrong move in hindsight but had it gone the way of him working under an experienced head like it was supposed to, maybe it could have worked. 

He wasn't hired for being a patsy though, that's unfair, he was hired because he was supposed to be an up and coming manager. 

• Upvote 1

Comparing FSG to G&H is just pure laziness, we've spent monumental amounts of money since they took over. Nobody forced Dalglish to spend £35 million on Carroll or Rodgers to spend £20 million on Lovren.

Crikey, you still think Dalglish was responsible for the Carroll signing and not Comolli

If anything, FSG have been guilty of listening too much to what they thought the fans wanted, appointing anything with a pulse to fan committees and listening to bloggers' opinion. Appointing Dalglish was all about the fans, if it'd been looked at in the cold light of day, they'd have seen a manager who was years out of the game with a questionable recent transfer record to say the least. 

Appointing Rodgers was the wrong move in hindsight but had it gone the way of him working under an experienced head like it was supposed to, maybe it could have worked. 

He wasn't hired for being a patsy though, that's unfair, he was hired because he was supposed to be an up and coming manager.

I agree that, apart from the final para.

Rodgers was hired not only because he was a man with something to prove, but because he had less PL experience than Ayre and FSG, so he was easy to handle, and so it has proved.

I am not saying he is a patsy, I am saying that they wanted someone who would not rock the boat and could not play the experience card against them.

I think you're missing the point here in reducing this to Raheem Sterling v FSG. They're both culpable and have a lot to answer for. I really think Sterling has a lot to answer here himself. As Carragher says, he says he wants to win trophies but hasn't turned up for months. For a young player still making a name for himself, it's a fucking awful attitude to have. He bottled taking a penalty against Besiktas and hid against Aston Villa. If you're after big boy wages and keep harping on about a determination to win trophies, despite half-arsed performance after half-performance, I think you forfeit the right to hide behind the 'kid' excuse. You have to stand up and be counted.

I said a few posts back that Carragher was spot on in what he said. The bigger problem for me is that FSG have made this club very easy to leave. 10 years ago when Gerrard wanted out the club had to prove its ambition to him.

We've no chance of doing that these days.

Notice the Manchester and London based press defending poor Raheem. City, Chelsea and Arsenal preparing the enema for the forthcoming evacuation. " Forced to leave home at 15 " Told he was too small " etc etc.

Not down to his agent of course, just Raheems will to win trophies. So if trophy winning is all that matters he can take a pay cut and go to Barca or Real, no ?

Wants to go back to London so when he signs for City on 150k it will be brushed under the carpet, with his moolah. Then in 2 seasons his homesickness for the Smoke will see him quite obviously in Madrid.

Leaves a bitter taste this. He's proved nothing really as a player, hides in big games and my 2 year old niece has a better shot. All that is wrong in football. Bit of a kid playing a club like us. How we have fallen.

I agree that, apart from the final para.

Rodgers was hired not only because he was a man with something to prove, but because he had less PL experience than Ayre and FSG, so he was easy to handle, and so it has proved.

I am not saying he is a patsy, I am saying that they wanted someone who would not rock the boat and could not play the experience card against them.

Any regime that was looking to hire a character like LVG wasn't in the market for a patsy. 

I'm sure Comolli was well known for having an eye for lumbering English target men. 

Considering Comolli had only been hired months before to implement 'moneyball' and Dalglish was just days into returning as caretaker manager, then you're way, way off.

I do.

Not surprised by that.

• Upvote 1

Agreed that we have spent a shed load of money, but they are culpible of hiring some right shite to manage and run the club. I'd like to know who they listen to when making these decisions because they patently haven't got the foggiest about football.

I said a few posts back that Carragher was spot on in what he said. The bigger problem for me is that FSG have made this club very easy to leave. 10 years ago when Gerrard wanted out the club had to prove its ambition to him.

We've no chance of doing that these days.

Sad but true.

The annual exodus of our top talent makes for depressing reading, especially as the cupboard is now almost bare with the inevitable consequences on the pitch.

Hicks and gillette gave us similar funds relatively, at rafa had control of his transfer budget under them for a good while and look at the signings we made.

Questionable transfer record that included suarez. A small caveat.

The justification of kennys sacking given by sec is steamrollered by the logic of rodgers, being out the game equal to rodgers inexperience and no trophies, all being equal would rather put me money on a fella who has won stuff and had just won a cup off the bat, its took 3 years for bren to even get a semi on, the king banged the league cup like the whore who had it coming, rodger keeps prematurely ejaculating cos hes a trophy virgin.

In fact Im surprised at you sec, your lack of faith in the king is contrary to all you beleive in. Have you fell for the slick pr and graphics over the king?

Recent history shows dalglish is better on every level as lfc manager than brendud and that we made a mistake. Now its time to erase that mistake, oh no we cant, guess we will just have to live with it. With our kneecaps blown off and a pinless grenade on the table in front of us and all our bitches have leaved.

If this was ballotelli behaving like this everyone in the media would be saying what a bad influence on the squad it is but it golden boy England international. Rodgers should have dropped sterling months ago instead of sending him on his holiday

Sterling is a great promise, but there's a world of a difference between a player like that and a great player. A great player like Suarez or ageing greats like Gerrard and Keane ten years before him never stop trying and inspire those around them. Look at John terry this season. A fucking collussus for Chelsea and he's almost twice the age of this cunt. Over the past few months, sterling either hasn't been bothered or he has run out of steam. They both prove why he will never be a great. Great players ALWAYS contribute in some way.

I don't blame players looking after themselves. Every year, our club like every other, rips the dreams up of thousands of young players it releases. Clubs are among the biggest thieves in the country; second only to the politicians.

My big issue with sterling is not him chasing more money or looking to win trophies. It's his lack of class. Luis will always be loved by us because he played like he was from Bootle. Sterling plays like he's spent the weekend hanging around on the set of a rap video. I genuinely think we're better off without him.

The big issue is that the club will get their pr machine turned against the little cunt in order to hide from their own bullshit. The Texans were at least robbing us blind in front of us. These lads are a bit cuter, with their big words and their stadium expansion. I still predict in 5 years, we will be fighting to get into the top 4 rather than fighting for a title. That isn't good enough. We're Liverpool not Spurs. Top players will come if they are given the money they feel they are warranted.

If we do sell him, then nothing less than a world class replacement will do. Over to you Brendan and fsg.

• Upvote 1

Considering Comolli had only been hired months before to implement 'moneyball' and Dalglish was just days into returning as caretaker manager, then you're way, way off.

Not surprised by that.

Ah moneyball, where you break your transfer record to buy players. 

Any regime that was looking to hire a character like LVG wasn't in the market for a patsy.

"In the market" in the same way we were "in the market" for Memphis?

The fact that LVG is down the Lancs road tells you all you need to know.

Notice the Manchester and London based press defending poor Raheem. City, Chelsea and Arsenal preparing the enema for the forthcoming evacuation. " Forced to leave home at 15 " Told he was too small " etc etc.

Not down to his agent of course, just Raheems will to win trophies. So if trophy winning is all that matters he can take a pay cut and go to Barca or Real, no ?

Wants to go back to London so when he signs for City on 150k it will be brushed under the carpet, with his moolah. Then in 2 seasons his homesickness for the Smoke will see him quite obviously in Madrid.

Leaves a bitter taste this. He's proved nothing really as a player, hides in big games and my 2 year old niece has a better shot. All that is wrong in football. Bit of a kid playing a club like us. How we have fallen.

Ssshh, lets just take the money this time.

Spending it wisely is the bigger issue.

Ah moneyball, where you break your transfer record to buy players. 

When you've just sold a player for 50m, yeah?

I'm not surprised that you're wrong either. 

Roy Hodgson. On your way now unless you can pull an explanation from your arse with regards to Carroll being a Dalglish signing.

When you've just sold a player for 50m, yeah?

Roy Hodgson. On your way now unless you can pull an explanation from your arse with regards to Carroll being a Dalglish signing.

So Moneyball is all relative then? That means Chelsea play moneyball too then presumably because their owner is a billionaire?

So Moneyball is all relative then? That means Chelsea play moneyball too then presumably because their owner is a billionaire?

I dunno, ask FSG. It's their term.

You seem to think FSG inexplicably took the transfer reigns from their appointed DoF and handed them to a caretaker manager who simply didn't fit their profile.