You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Forster is better than Mignolet

Clyne is better than any of our RB's

Alderweild is better than Lovren

Wanyama is better than Lucas

Schneiderlin is better than Allen

Tadic is boss

Pelle is better than Borini and Lambert

What's not to love about my post fuck face

• Upvote 3

Forster is better than Mignolet - No

Clyne is better than any of our RB's - Considering out of the 3 we have.  Johnson is shit, Manquillo's a kid on loan and Flanagan has been abducted by Aliens that isn't hard.

Alderweild is better than Lovren  - So am I

Wanyama is better than Lucas - Would cost £20million + not worth that kind of money

Schneiderlin is better than Allen - So are You

Tadic is boss - Ship has sailed

Pelle is better than Borini and Lambert - Would rather none of them

What's not to love about my post fuck face - All of the above

Thank You and Goodnight!

• Upvote 2

Forster is better than Mignolet

Clyne is better than any of our RB's

Alderweild is better than Lovren

Wanyama is better than Lucas

Schneiderlin is better than Allen

Tadic is boss

Pelle is better than Borini and Lambert

What's not to love about my post fuck face

Forster is not better than Mignolet. 

Clyne is better than anyone at Rb, agreed. 

Alderweild is not better than Sakho, Skrtel or Can

Schneiderlin is not better than Can, Henderson or Lallana

Coutinho is better than Tadic

Pelle is not better than Sturridge, Sterling or even Balotelli.

we'd spend 150m at least on that lot and end up with one improvement to the first eleven whilst Southampton go to the Bundesliga and the Dutch league and buy twice the player for 1/3rd of the fee. 

Most would agree we dont need more squad depth tho, i mean unless it's clear improvements on what we have got.

Surely we need to add quality that improves the first choice 11.

Fuck that crazy talk lets spend another £100million + improving the squad.

Forster is not better than Mignolet.

Clyne is better than anyone at Rb, agreed.

Alderweild is not better than Sakho, Skrtel or Can

Schneiderlin is not better than Can, Henderson or Lallana

Coutinho is better than Tadic

Pelle is not better than Sturridge, Sterling or even Balotelli.

we'd spend 150m at least on that lot and end up with one improvement to the first eleven whilst Southampton go to the Bundesliga and the Dutch league and buy twice the player for 1/3rd of the fee.

Schneiderlin is in a different league to Henderson, Lallana is not a cm/dm and he is a lot better defensively then can from what we've seen from him when played in the centre.

I've got to say everytime I watch Henderson lately I view him as a weak link in the team and keep thinking that thread title, what does he do?

He would be the poorest captain Ive seen in my time of watching the club based on ability and he's not very good in any one area.

Id be happy for him to leave in the summer and would prefer to see Allen in his role alongside a dm, Joes better on the ball and stronger defensively.

It probably Is hard to see what Hendo does when you've got your head up your arse. Allen indeed.

Henderson runs around, hits one decent long range pass out of every 5-10 passes, wastes shots and gives the ball away needlessly.

Allen is not looking great right now as he is being played as a dm and doesn't have the positional sense.He is more reliable on the ball and stronger defensively, if he was given a bit more freedom like hendo he would be able to link up play in the opposition half.

• Downvote 1

We basically need to do what Chelsea did in the summer. Buy 3 top class players who are good enough to go straight into the team and make an immediate impact. No more speculative squad fillers like Aspas and Alberto. I'd like to see Illori come back and be given a run and Teixeria but I think he might get sold.

• Upvote 6

The best one i read was the replacement for Van Gaal thread, theres some corkers in there. Everyone with a straight face thinks Mourinho would leave Chelsea to manage them, Guardiola would just up sticks at the drop of a hat from Bayern as soon as the mighty United beckoned him and Simeone would jump at the chance.

Then someone who was actually deadly serious said he didn't want Guardiola because he's fed up of possession football and would rather Gary Neville took the hot seat. Gary Neville over Pep Guardiola, this is a vortex into the mind of a manc.

As much as I hate Utd let's not ridicule them for having a few mental fan, every team has mentalists that follow the club( see RAWK for our example).

We basically need to do what Chelsea did in the summer. Buy 3 top class players who are good enough to go straight into the team and make an immediate impact. No more speculative squad fillers like Aspas and Alberto. I'd like to see Illori come back and be given a run and Teixeria but I think he might get sold.

This is the right course of action. If we did this I could see us having a good shot at challenging for the title next season. 

Buying two maybe three top class players, shit even one that walks straight into the team improves us far more than the squad fodder we spend vast amounts on. No more squad building fuck me the Great Wall of china was built faster and with less bricks than we've had players. Genuinely if we lined all the unessecary non team improving, totally fucking pointless players we've signed on top of each other over the years they could fist God up the arse.

• Upvote 1