You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islamic Positive Thread

Anny Road

Never been a victim of trolls as I'm much too old get too upset by what some people say on the internet. I simply asked as you seemed to find another way of calling Muslims 'Towel Heads' by attacking their headwear.

You do appear to be some sort of wind up merchant or troll if you like, by making striking generalisations against people who adhere to a particular religion.

Apologies. I was pissed. Amazed I could type let alone form any opinion, however flawed.

Its no excuse but my rantings were heavily influenced by the BBCs baffling obsession with giving hard line Muslims media platform on national TV. Having watched one particular guy rant and rave about non-believers and justifying beheadings whilst smirking away, I inexplicably found myself on the General forum. Never go there, can't think what came over me.

Add too many beers and it was inevitable I'd get my soapbox out.

• Upvote 4

Ale and the internet is a fucked up combination Dave - glad to see you've apologised mate and taken ownership of what you posted. I've never been shown anything but kindness and hospitality by the many, many Muslims I've met and interacted with in Malaysia. The vast majority of people are generally the same wherever you go in that all they really want is a peaceful, normal life, filled with episodes of happiness and to be able to care for their families.

• Upvote 2

Apologies. I was pissed. Amazed I could type let alone form any opinion, however flawed.

Its no excuse but my rantings were heavily influenced by the BBCs baffling obsession with giving hard line Muslims media platform on national TV. Having watched one particular guy rant and rave about non-believers and justifying beheadings whilst smirking away, I inexplicably found myself on the General forum. Never go there, can't think what came over me.

Add too many beers and it was inevitable I'd get my soapbox out.

Fair enough.

A heady mix is alcohol and right wing influenced television.

Ale and the internet is a fucked up combination Dave - glad to see you've apologised mate and taken ownership of what you posted. I've never been shown anything but kindness and hospitality by the many, many Muslims I've met and interacted with in Malaysia. The vast majority of people are generally the same wherever you go in that all they really want is a peaceful, normal life, filled with episodes of happiness and to be able to care for their families.

Good post. My first cousin who lives in London married into a Muslim family a few years back. I met them all last year for the first time Nicest people I've ever met.

• 1 month later...

I spent 5 years as a kid in Malaya (Penang) and I have the happiest memories of our amahs and neighbours.They were just lovely people wherever we went.

Apart from the notion of being the absolute truth, the official admission that a muslim life worth more than the "infidel's", the idea that women are some kind of inferior -unlucky to be born women- creatures who have to dress like 2000 years ago, whose mission is to satisfy the needs of the male/master, while their virgin version is offered as reward to the good muslims' afterlife, apart from their attitude to move their finger in a didactic manner while spouting simplistic bullshit dismissed by Classic Philosophers 2500 years ago and Enlightenment Philosophers 200-400 years ago, apart from the official mission to establish some hilariously anachronistic, medieval type of Caliphate in Middle east and Europe and impose their religion across their globe via violence,

other than that this religion and its followers are decent.

Oh Darwin where are thou.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Apart from the notion of being the absolute truth, the official admission that a muslim life worth more than the "infidel's", the idea that women are some kind of inferior -unlucky to be born women- creatures who have to dress like 2000 years ago, whose mission is to satisfy the needs of the male/master, while their virgin version is offered as reward to the good muslims' afterlife, apart from their attitude to move their finger in a didactic manner while spouting simplistic bullshit dismissed by Classic Philosophers 2500 years ago and Enlightenment Philosophers 200-400 years ago, apart from the official mission to establish some hilariously anachronistic, medieval type of Caliphate in Middle east and Europe and impose their religion across their globe via violence,

So they're not all bad then

You be careful over there in deepest Somalia young man.  They'll be coming for you. 

Quite.

Apart from the notion of being the absolute truth, the official admission that a muslim life worth more than the "infidel's", the idea that women are some kind of inferior -unlucky to be born women- creatures who have to dress like 2000 years ago, whose mission is to satisfy the needs of the male/master, while their virgin version is offered as reward to the good muslims' afterlife, apart from their attitude to move their finger in a didactic manner while spouting simplistic bullshit dismissed by Classic Philosophers 2500 years ago and Enlightenment Philosophers 200-400 years ago, apart from the official mission to establish some hilariously anachronistic, medieval type of Caliphate in Middle east and Europe and impose their religion across their globe via violence,

Substitute 'Muslim' with 'Christian/Catholic' and this rant would be bang on!

Oh hang on, I criticised the religion in question and its followers and all of the sudden, from "Norwegian" I became a "U.S. hillbilly".

My post though included references to Classical and Enlightenment Philosophers, not Christianity or the U.S.

If you would like to discuss with me expressing constructive arguments then you are welcome, otherwise I have no time for your leftist or conservative pseudo political correctness which turns a blind eye on... reality and events..

You can try and mask/ignore the massacres conducted by muslims across the world as much as you like, the reality is that what they advocate/preach/believe/violently try to spread,-always moving the finger in a didactic manner- is something alien to human nature, human history and the physical laws which govern everything in the Universe.

For some reason the mainstream/popular version of the religion in question is the most simplistic, boring, extremist and violent of all. In contrast, the only interesting version(s) of the religion in question is the one which contains some elements of ancient Persian Philosophy and Mysticism, that's Shiism and Sufism . But mysticism and the philosophical elements are passionately despised by the mainstream version's followers and that is why they target fellow followers of the "deeper" version(s) of their religion.