You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islamic Positive Thread

Anny Road

No you don't, unless you live in a muslim country, you don't and I challenge you.

challenge me to what?  a google-off?  don't be absurd.  I understand how the specific 'version' of Islam for her specific culture operates in this specific country, whereas you clearly don't.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ha ha but factually correct.

I can't argue there. I suspect it absolutely is factually correct that you think prejudicial thoughts about a quarter of the world's population solely based on one word.

Rubble-russer

Turkey - I've heard this moderation bullshit when Tayip Erdogan came in power in Turkey.10-12 years later he has demolished all the principles of the secular Republic of Turkey, established by Ataturk. According to him, all women should cover their heads, Internet is evil, caesarean sections should be banned, holding hands, premarital affairs should all be banned,

Albania - Irrelevant example. No one knows exactly what percentage of this country follows the religion in question. A large percentage follows Christianity as well. Until the fall of the eastern block, this country used to be a completely unknown entity, a hole on the map and its citizens were unreligious. They were prohibited in participating in anything religious. Yet, muslim Albanians have created ethnic/religious unrest in South Serbia (Kosovo - with the West's backing) and Fyrom.

Iran - Very complex case. Iran has been targeted predominately by Saudi Arabia for religious reasons, since they are considered heretic. The West and their allies have supported Iraq with money and chemical weapons to burn Iran down. This has changed Iran profoundly.

Rubble-russer

Turkey - I've heard this moderation bullshit when Tayip Erdogan came in power in Turkey.10-12 years later he has demolished all the principles of the secular Republic of Turkey, established by Ataturk. According to him, all women should cover their heads, Internet is evil, caesarean sections should be banned, holding hands, premarital affairs should all be banned,

Albania - Irrelevant example. No one knows exactly what percentage of this country follows the religion in question. A large percentage follows Christianity as well. Until the fall of the eastern block, this country used to be a completely unknown entity, a hole on the map and its citizens were unreligious. They were prohibited in participating in anything religious. Yet, muslim Albanians have created ethnic/religious unrest in South Serbia (Kosovo - with the West's backing) and Fyrom.

Iran - Very complex case. Iran has been targeted predominately by Saudi Arabia for religious reasons, since they are considered heretic. The West and their allies have supported Iraq with money and chemical weapons to burn Iran down. This has changed Iran profoundly.

In which case, as you appear to agree that there is little empirical evidence as to the beliefs of the majority of citizens in these three diverse but predominantly muslim countries, while do you feel able to make an assertion as to the views of the 'vast majority' worldwide?

Let's look at Nigeria, Somalia, the US, Germany and Portugal.  Because all Muslims want the same thing.  At least Nightcap appears to have picked up on the politicisation of Islam.  Let's see if he can apply this to other religions.  Let's also see if he can understand that there is a large majority moderate rump of followers of all religions that are not all easily swayed to commit atrocities.  

I can't argue there. I suspect it absolutely is factually correct that you think prejudicial thoughts about a quarter of the world's population solely based on one word.

Subjugation? That's the word, I'm bad because I think it's wrong. You are so fucking right on you can't criticise it. Pathetic man.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Subjugation? That's the word, I'm bad because I think it's wrong. You are so fucking right on you can't criticise it. Pathetic man.

Oh dear. My criticising your blanket stereotyping and prejudice doesn't mean I'm in favour of subjugation. I mean, how do you even get to that place in your head? Well, it probably comes from the same place as your prejudice. The retarded part.

Oh dear. My criticising your blanket stereotyping and prejudice doesn't mean I'm in favour of subjugation. I mean, how do you even get to that place in your head? Well, it probably comes from the same place as your prejudice. The retarded part.

Do I need to know your favourite colour again?

Go on, criticise some part of Islam, see if you can. Then have a think how many tens of millions of people think that bad thing is directly the word of god. Then twist and flap and flip and say it's the religion of peace.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Do I need to know your favourite colour again?

Go on, criticise some part of Islam, see if you can. Then have a think how many tens of millions of people think that bad thing is directly the word of god. Then twist and flap and flip and say it's the religion of peace.

Is anybody else reading this or have I had a breakdown and I'm actually sat in a gutter, pissed out of my head on snakebite? See if I can? I mean, fucking hell.

Rico, NV isn't saying Islam is the religion of peace, or that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

What he is saying is that taking the views and actions of a (relatively) small proportion of the world's Muslim population and extrapolating them to all Muslims is questionable to say the very least...

The majority of the followers of the religion in question, do not allow their mothers, sisters, wives and daughters to go to a beach and swim. Some West residing followers of the religion in question allow their flock of female creatures to swim in female only community centre pools while wearing burkinis.

Guest Pistonbroke

The majority of the followers of the religion in question, do not allow their mothers, sisters, wives and daughters to go to a beach and swim. Some West residing followers of the religion in question allow their flock of female creatures to swim in female only community centre pools while wearing burkinis.

You are one odious cunt. 

However, most in the west have no issue.  Carry on making a point no one cares about.  Who are you, Rolf Harris?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Now, my history is ropey so correct me if I'm wrong, but judging by the about of subjugation of women in western societies up until recently, I'm assuming we were all Muslim at one point? Yeah? Either that or we can just ackowledge that some people, mainly powerful men, have been known to be controlling wankers when it comes to women. Well, and many others. The poor, blacks, that sort of thing.

Rico, NV isn't saying Islam is the religion of peace, or that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.What he is saying is that taking the views and actions of a (relatively) small proportion of the world's Muslim population and extrapolating them to all Muslims is questionable to say the very least...

And what I'm saying is that he's attributing some nasty shit to only a small proportion of muslims when the basic Middle of the road views are pretty damn nasty. The women stuff, the apostasy stuff the superiority stuff. Then he's accusing me of being racist, despite no evidence (as I'm not).

Look at the fuss about the Danish cartoons, how many riots and death threats? Only a minority? No.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Look at the fuss about the Danish cartoons, how many riots and death threats? Only a minority? No.

So you wouldn't consider those who made death threats about the cartoon a minority? You seem to swallow right wing, Daily Mail claptrap like an unthinking drone. You seem like a UKIP voter to me.

I have never said that women's treatment in Africa or the West has been perfect or that we have reached equality.

But in the 2014 I think that we should accept that bikinis and swimming are not evil.

I think followers of the religion in question cannot accept the human body. They are alienated from their own nature.

Why would they "behead" women's Clitoris?  Is that a form of jihad, or martyrdom? seriously?

It's a common practice here in Africa.