You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

He'll be gone next summer. Loaned out to Livorno with us paying 97% of his wages. Then Albino Leffe will take him the following season.  We'll then give him one last go in pre season, he'll score a goal against Tranmere, then a day before the first league game he'll get arrested for possession of cannabis and a firearm.

We havent got the time to give the turd time to come good, he is ruining the way we play and is just not suited.

If buying Balotelli was a committee decision its easier for Rodgers to insist he goes. If it was Rodgers decision then we have to hope he has the balls to hold his hands up, admit it was a mistake and get rid in January.

as fans we need to stop blaming him for every bloody thing that has gone .....so he swapped his shirt not the brightest thing to do  but he was asked and he didnt do and andy carroll and storm off throwing his top to the ground !! 

i think rodgers has brought him to play alongside sturridge  but his injury has put pay  to that  so far  i will judge him when that partnership is tried and tested   

This sort of excuse needs to stop, he was a plain and simple panic buy, he was bought because we were desperate for a good striker, there would have been uproar if we didn't sign one and rightly so.

Presumably Rodgers and the committee had few options so took the gamble on Balotelli, all this 'he was signed to partner Sturridge' or 'he was signed to play with a partner up front' is a load of nonsense, he was signed because we were desperate, also just looking at our line ups since he has been here tells us Rodgers clearly doesn't think he has to play with a partner.

• Upvote 4

I think it was a 3 year deal. But contracts mean nothing in today's football world

I'm very disappointed with him. I can't blame Rodgers, but whoever is responsible for pulling out of the Remy deal should be fired, yesterday.

Having said all that, with the transfer window shut, nothing can be done right now and it's not like dropping Balotelli will automatically make us a better team.

Remy is injured.

More importantly, why the fuck does the ignore function not work on tapatalk?

I wouldn't fuck him off but I don't think we're doing him any favours by shining a light on him. Give him a few games out of the spotlight and bring him back alongside Sturridge. If he's shit all season then flog him in the summer, it's not like we bought a ready made worldie, he's a project piece.

Sturridge being out has harmed him even more than the rest of the club. That Spurs game seems like it was ages ago.

Fucking sick of the negative media attention. Who the fuck cares if he swapped shirts at half time. Players probably do all the time and just because everyone could see it means fuck all. Fucking tired of the same shit stirring journalism focusing on everything else than what matters.

• Upvote 1

We've so many other issues our defence has gotten worse and our midfield seems unbalanced. We just can't afford to carry any players that won't at least put a shift in.

I genuinely would be happy to never see him play for us again. Sterlings not even a striker and we looked much better in the second half yesterday. (Helps having 11 players trying)

The press conference today by rodgers was a joke we've become the mario Ballotelli show for the media. At least when suarez made the backpages for doing something stupid he was outstanding on the pitch. Ballotelli doesn't offer anything on the pitch whatsoever to justify the baggage/shite that comes with him.

I genuinely would be happy to never see him play for us again. Sterlings not even a striker and we looked much better in the second half yesterday. (Helps having 11 players trying)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Play Sterling and Balotelli up front together until Sturridge is back. We've got plenty of attacking midfielders to choose from and I'd say using Sterling as a winger is a waste of his talent.

Is right, the dealings this summer look scandalous on the face of it, but 12 months down the line is expect us to be buzzing about Moreno, Markovic, Lallana, Can, and Origi. But we've got to tread water for 12 months first, and that was the idea with Balotelli, an experienced striker who could deputise for Sturridge and keep us in the CL places.

Massive gamble.

• Upvote 1

We've so many other issues our defence has gotten worse and our midfield seems unbalanced. We just can't afford to carry any players that won't at least put a shift in.

The press conference today by rodgers was a joke we've become the mario Ballotelli show for the media. At least when suarez made the backpages for doing something stupid he was outstanding on the pitch. Ballotelli doesn't offer anything on the pitch whatsoever to justify the baggage/shite that comes with him.

As we saw last season a great striker/strikeforce can cover and compensate for those issues, for the club to be scratching around and ending up with Balotelli after Suarez left just reeks of yet more inexcusable incompetence behind the scenes.

A big chunk of the Suarez money should have been used to buy his 'replacement', that ain't hindsight either, it was bloody obvious, we needed to splash out on a top tier attacker like Reus or Cavani.

• Upvote 2

Some of you guys need to calm the fuck down.

He is mediocre-shit. Not what we need. Certainly not what we should have bought.

He is not a 'cunt'. He is not at fault for all our ills this season. He's not the person who decided to spunk over £100m on either wrong type and/or calibre of player.

If Mario was our third striker last season as opposed to Aspas, we would have won the fucking title. And that is not because he is awesome, but because we were awesome and he is nowhere near as terrible as our shite team is making him look right now.

He just isn't the guy to take the responsibility to turn that around. And he never has been. Why anybody expected him to be anything like Suarez was for us is beyond me.

Suarez?  Fuck me, I'd settle for him being something like Voronin, even that would be an improvement on what I saw last night.

• Upvote 2

Chances are it's either bollocks or completely blown out of proportion like every other Balotelli "story"

as is the case with these Balotelli "Stories" they never seem to involve scoring goals getting assists or playing well.

This was one of the fears I had when he signed there would be more talk about his off the field antics rather than what he does on it.

Collymore was a bad apple, lazy, moody and only played when it suited him. I seem remember that most of his teammates wanted him out. A cancer.

Very similar to Balotelli although he is probably a bit more popular

at least he scored goals. he d over 20 in his first season

Mario's likeable which probably gets him some leeway in the dressing room, but in order to accommodate him, you have to cut him more slack than you do for other players.

When things are going well on the pitch, nobody cares if Mario's getting some slack, because everybody's happy and nobody feels they are missing out on anything.

But when things aren't going well, that's when players will ask why Mario is being treated differently. Or why he's being picked ahead of other players. And players are no different to fans, if there's a scapegoat available, they'll let him take the flak.

I feel for the lad because he's just hapless, not nasty or overtly selfish. But he's like the girlfriend who'll give you a great blowjob once every month, but has you taxiing her all over, expects a load of attention, hates your music, and is so thick you have to repeat everything twice and you're still not sure she's got it. You know it can't and won't last, and when it is finally over, you'll be wondering why you didn't ditch her sooner.

And yes, eventually you'll look back and think 'she wasn't all that bad really'. Because you'll remember the blow jobs and not the stress. Until you spot her down the pub with a new bloke asking him to taxi her around.