You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

So, we'd be better off, selling Suarez and not signing Balotelli or anyone else.?

Can you elaborate on that Boss?

We'd be better off with Suarez obviously, but presuming he was sold, we'd be better off with Reina, Agger and 120m in the bank.

• Upvote 1

Mario's likeable which probably gets him some leeway in the dressing room, but in order to accommodate him, you have to cut him more slack than you do for other players.

When things are going well on the pitch, nobody cares if Mario's getting some slack, because everybody's happy and nobody feels they are missing out on anything.

But when things aren't going well, that's when players will ask why Mario is being treated differently. Or why he's being picked ahead of other players. And players are no different to fans, if there's a scapegoat available, they'll let him take the flak.

I feel for the lad because he's just hapless, not nasty or overtly selfish. But he's like the girlfriend who'll give you a great blowjob once every month, but has you taxiing her all over, expects a load of attention, hates your music, and is so thick you have to repeat everything twice and you're still not sure she's got it. You know it can't and won't last, and when it is finally over, you'll be wondering why you didn't ditch her sooner.

And yes, eventually you'll look back and think 'she wasn't all that bad really'. Because you'll remember the blow jobs and not the stress. Until you spot her down the pub with a new bloke asking him to taxi her around.

There's no blowjob, though. Not even once a month.

But Rodgers made it clear since the start, he didn't like Reina or Agger. You're practically saying that Rodgers should fuck off and take the clown committee with him.

I'm not saying Rodgers should fuck off, i support Rodgers regardless because i think he's the right man for the job. The committee, maybe, i wouldn't be disappointed if they got fucked off.

Point is we'd of been no worse this season with Reina in goal, Agger instead of Lovren, Ibe instead of Markovic, Wisdom instead of Manquillo and Borini instead of Balotelli for all the use they've been.

Say what you want. Mario is sitting on his cosy sofa wearing his dark blue velvet pyjamas stirring his Martini and relaxing while reading the bullshit you write about him; he smiles while thinking that he doesn't give a shit and he crack opens another firework. He's ace and I like him.

Fuck the useless committee and Rodgers needs to learn how to set up a proper defence.

The truth is that it's probably not going to work out for Mario, we agreed it was a bit of a gamble and would not be a disaster if it didn't work out so let's not go overboard on him, we'll move him on in Summer and that will be that.

Far bigger concerns in the immediate term are sorting out our defence (which has been fucking crap since the minute Brendan Rogers arrived) and trying to line up a striker in the January window.

I do hope we get on the phone to Sami when he gets sacked from Brighton in the next couple of weeks and offer him a coaching role.

He will come good. I think he's villain of the hour but  he  has actually played decent apart from one or games. Needs a few goals.

Thought for about 20/30 minutes of his 45 last night he looked like it was finally start  to click in his head how he needs to play for us. 

If he can take that and start doing it in the league he definitely has a chance albeit a slim one. 

It is still too early to tell, and Mario still has a pedigree and experience which puts most of the rest of the team in the shade.

He hasn't made an immediate impact, but the loss of Sturridge has hindered him, and plenty of other have had an indifferent start to the season.

For me this is not just about Mario up front, it's about the failure of Lambert and Borini to make an impression too.

• Upvote 1

He didn't have a shit game against Madrid though, that's why I don't understand the flack he's getting. He was properly shit against QPR, but I didn't think he was anything like the worst player on the pitch against Madrid.

no mention in spanish press about pepe swapping shirts. amazing what a win does.

When you watch Madrid or Barcelona on Sky, a lot of them swap shirts at half time.  I think it's pretty much the norm, I bet a shit load of people do it but out of sight.  The only two times it's really come to the media's attention was when Mario did it and that Santos for Arsenal.  I don't think it helped that both teams were 3-0 down at the time.