You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazar Marković

WhiskeyJar

6 out of 10 performance, which is a compliment given what he's shown prior to tonight.

Finally showed some effort to at least try something tonight, the run in the second half in particular showed he does actually posses something other than the square pass.

Hopefully give him the confidence boost, small steps n all that.

We have to be patient with him. I can understand some people fear another Babel but I think Markovic has a better attitude and is involved in a very good Serbia setup. We had to get him now because if he was further on in his development he'd be on the radar of top clubs.

Needs to believe in himself a bit more . I think he's a good player but he needs to as well.

Wasn't he giving it some sort of Del Piero 'I'm the best player in the world' garble when we signed him? If I remember right he isn't lacking in confidence.

Today was the best I've seen out of him so hopefully things start looking up

I actually saw someone describe his first half as disgraceful. I just don't fucking even.

Definitely glimpses there, good to see that bit of pace at times too. Unfortunately he was up against Varane, who would be one of the quicker CBs going around.

The commentators on Espn Brasil weren't impressed with him - neither was I. For 20 million? He couldn't beat anybody, either with pace or on the dribble. Granted it was difficult opposition but he looked as he did against weaker clubs.

Where's the pace?

Wasn't he giving it some sort of Del Piero 'I'm the best player in the world' garble when we signed him? If I remember right he isn't lacking in confidence.

Today was the best I've seen out of him so hopefully things start looking up

Saying he won he league in every year he has been a professional. That's been knocked out of him pretty quick though.

He's only 20 and new to this country but he needs to be shown vids of Stewart Downing in a Liverpool shirt and be told that that's NOT what we want from him.

think Rodgers trying to play him not out of position would help mate

Stick an Alice band on him and tell him to let fly with his left foot from outside the penalty box

he rarely takes shots from outside the box to be fair, always dribbles inside or sets a teammate, he needs to play central behind strikers or as a second striker, that's his game, did it at Benfica, came through at Partizan as a striker too, needs to be involved all the time, not on the fringes.