You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazar Marković

WhiskeyJar

We could take it as a compliment that he's overawed by the shirt, the massive support and the totally pantshitting experience of actually playing for us. I still think he's a great player just waiting to express himself. Either that or I'm just a total cunt who knows fuck all.

Fuck, he's gonna be shite isn't he?

We could take it as a compliment that he's overawed by the shirt, the massive support and the totally pantshitting experience of actually playing for us. I still think he's a great player just waiting to express himself. Either that or I'm just a total cunt who knows fuck all.

knew nothing about him.

heard a lot about him.

hes been very disappointing and if we re still talking about his cameo against spurs as his best moment by December we should sell him in january

Fuck, he's gonna be shite isn't he?

Bayern didn't want to let Shaqiri leave.

There's no way Bayern would have let him go for anywhere near £20m as well.

Admittedly it was only on youtube clips, but before he joined when we were linked with him, he looked seriously quick. Quicker than Sterling and Moreno. But how often do we see Sterlings pace? Less than once a match. And we only see Morenos pace, because he starts his runs a lot further back on the pitch than anywhere Markovic gets the ball.

I really like the look of him, but I will admit that I'm not convinced he would suit our style. We're all about passing the ball in and around closely, and if his only attribute is pace, which I am convinced he has unlike some, I'm not sure it's something we should have spent 20m on. 

Therefore he must have other stuff in his locker, but he needs time to get it out. 

He's 20 years old and just come from Portugal, not known at one of the roughest leagues going, and since then hasn't had much of an easy ride.

His first appearance was against City, coming on when we were 2-0 down which had to be a bit daunting. He came on against Spurs when we were 3-0 up, he was hardly going to grab any headlines after that hour of the game. He got 70 minutes against Alan Hutton and Senderos, and then played in a derby.

4 fucking games and people are writing him off.

Whole midfield and attack is utter shit at the moment. No movement off the ball what so ever, making the man in possession look stupid time after time.

Markovic has been disappointing so far, but not more than the team as a whole. Today I actually thought he showed glimpses of quality. Belongs in the unpopular thread probably, but I am have far more belief in Markovic turning good than Balotelli.

• Upvote 1

thought he was unlucky not to get the equalizer and showed signs of improvement. hit the target and beat the keeper but the defender came across. still having rushes of blood to the head around the box, though. Hes getting too many starts and I think he should have been introduced more slowly. He's clearly not on form.

• Upvote 2

Horrible time for a young player with an outrageous price tag to try and settle into the team. Thing is, he'd probably have a couple of goals and assists if defences were preoccupied with the devastation of Suarez. At least our attack will have a focal point when Sturridge returns and this can only benefit him.

• Upvote 2

He's looks to be a hybrid of the worst attributes that Smicer had (weak as piss, seemingly permanent baffled expression on face) as well Benayoun (weak as piss, runs down blind alleys, ball hog despite being utterly mediocre).

I don't think he's going to be up to much for us but I'm going to reserve judgement fully until he's 34 and is plying his trade in the Romanian fourth division before I officially write him off as a bad buy.

He's looks to be a hybrid of the worst attributes that Smicer had (weak as piss, seemingly permanent baffled expression on face) as well Benayoun (weak as piss, runs down blind alleys, ball hog despite being utterly mediocre).

I don't think he's going to be up to much for us but I'm going to reserve judgement fully until he's 34 and is plying his trade in the Romanian fourth division before I officially write him off as a bad buy.

Wise words. Me too.  The whole team is a clusterfuck though.  This poor twat has come into a team in disarray.  He hasn't looked great, but a lot of that could be blamed at the chaos around him, and the fact that he doesn't get picked in a position he is used to playing in.