You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

One of those "footballs greatest" things is on about him now on Sky.

Obviously filmed a few years back as the narrator said "it will be interesting to see how he ever deals with a period of failure....but maybe he'll never have to".

Also, footage of one of his pre-match tactical meetings. It was all about the opposition, what they had to do not to concede, and the main ethos of his speech was "don't be concerned about winning, but we simply cannot lose this game, that's why we don't concede"

Not much has changed then....

Has anyone called him a cunt, yet?  Because he is a cunt.  The cunt.

The cunt is massive cunt of a cunt who actually embarrasses all the other cunts in his cunt of a family of cunts. I don't want to come across as a cunt but that cunt brings the cunt out in me. The cunt.

• Upvote 2

Nonsense. Frauds don't win multiple league and European trophies. He's a massive cunt who plays negative, cautious football when the money he has available should me they're one of the world's most attractive sides, but he's not a fraud. He has proven it all over the place.

A has-been then?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A has-been then?

Until he wins something again, I guess. I hate the prick as much as anybody, but he'll get money to get the players he wants and he'll win again. I don't know, maybe I'm too reluctant to have too much of a pop. After all, he won leagues in four different countries (multiple times) at every club he has been at, he has won domestic titles at every club he has been at, and he has won two European cups. If he's a fraud, he's doing a fucking good impression. If he's a has-been, his record over the last ten years is enough for me not to poke a dog that's lying in the road.

2002/3 - Treble winner: League Champions, Portuguese FA Cup Champions, UEFA Cup Champions

2003/4 -  Double winner: League Champions, European Champions

2004/5 - Double Winner: League Champions (most points ever in the league), League Cup Champions

2005/6 - League Champions

2006/7 - Cup Double: FA Cup Champions, League Cup winners

2007/8 - Unemployed

2008/9 - League champions

2009/10 - Treble winners: League, Italian FA Cup and European Cup winners.

2010/11 - Spanish FA Cup Champions

2011/12 - League Champions

2012/13 - Nothing (Spanish FA Cup runners up, second in league)

2013/14 - Nothing

Bit early to be calling him a has been or a fraud, in my opinion. I hate the cunt, but it's hard not to respect that.

Bit early to be calling him a has been or a fraud, in my opinion. I hate the cunt, but it's hard not to respect that.

I'll give it a go.

Apart from the European Cup with Porto (and, arguably, the UEFA Cup with Porto) everything he has achieved has been what you would expect to achieve, given the owner's money, the players he inherited and (especially in Italy) the depleted state of the opposition.  He has not earned the right to swagger round as if he's some kind of managerial genius; he's a fucking fraud.

And a cunt.

• Upvote 4

I'll give it a go.

Apart from the European Cup with Porto (and, arguably, the UEFA Cup with Porto) everything he has achieved has been what you would expect to achieve, given the owner's money, the players he inherited and (especially in Italy) the depleted state of the opposition.  He has not earned the right to swagger round as if he's some kind of managerial genius; he's a fucking fraud.

And a cunt.

Simply put. And clearly correct.

I'll give it a go.

And a cunt.

Yup. Always loads the dice in his favour. In some ways, as an experiment, it would have been fsscinating to watch him take over us because I don't beleive he'd have achieved anywhere near what Rodgers has with the resources at his disposal.

So he ruled his team out of the title chase a while ago, then he ruled them in, now he's ruled them back out again. And he pranced up  and down the touchline at Anfield winding up the fans and acting like a tit in front of his supposed 'friend,' then he complained about his 'friend' daring to complain about his attitude. And he sneered at every critic of his tactics a week ago, then he criticises Norwich for not playing how he'd wanted them to play yesterday. He really is the most contemptible  little creep there's ever been in football, and the hacks in Italy and Spain knew this and treated him with the disdain he deserves. Only in Britain, where the hacks are so moronic they even think being sarcastic is some kind of dazzling new invention, can he find the reception he craves. It's a sad reflection on the football culture in the country, because here even someone unoriginal and petty and laughably inconsistent can be hailed as a brilliant master of 'mind games'.

• Upvote 12

So he ruled his team out of the title chase a while ago, then he ruled them in, now he's ruled them back out again. And he pranced up  and down the touchline at Anfield winding up the fans and acting like a tit in front of his supposed 'friend,' then he complained about his 'friend' daring to complain about his attitude. And he sneered at every critic of his tactics a week ago, then he criticises Norwich for not playing how he'd wanted them to play yesterday. He really is the most contemptible  little creep there's ever been in football, and the hacks in Italy and Spain knew this and treated him with the disdain he deserves. Only in Britain, where the hacks are so moronic they even think being sarcastic is some kind of dazzling new invention, can he find the reception he craves. It's a sad reflection on the football culture in the country, because here even someone unoriginal and petty and laughably inconsistent can be hailed as a brilliant master of 'mind games'.

Great post, totally agree.

Yup. Always loads the dice in his favour. In some ways, as an experiment, it would have been fsscinating to watch him take over us because I don't beleive he'd have achieved anywhere near what Rodgers has with the resources at his disposal.

It used to annoy and terrify me, at various points in the last 5 years, when people (on this forum and elsewhere) were saying that they would actually like this helmet to come and be our manager.  Even in my most generous moods, I can't overlook the fact that he's never done squat with a team unless they are the richest (or thereabouts) in the country. Mourinho at Anfield would have been as good a fit as Moyes at Old Trafford.

• Upvote 1

It used to annoy and terrify me, at various points in the last 5 years, when people (on this forum and elsewhere) were saying that they would actually like this helmet to come and be our manager.  Even in my most generous moods, I can't overlook the fact that he's never done squat with a team unless they are the richest (or thereabouts) in the country. Mourinho at Anfield would have been as good a fit as Moyes at Old Trafford.

Broken glass an' all.

I posted this on the MF:

Dig at Rafa from Maureen?

"They did everything they could in the season to help. In a competition full of good teams and a Champions League against the best teams in the world, which is not the case in the Europa League, the boys did a good job."

I totally agree that he's a cunt, and I don't want him anywhere near our club, but Houlliers teams were equally dreadful to watch, and the most obvious proponents of the 2 banks of 4 and hoof it tactics, that I can remember.

If he was doing it here, and we were reaching the semi's of the cl, and in title races, he'd be worshipped by the majority, and would have been a good fit as far as most fans would be concerned. 

I totally agree that he's a cunt, and I don't want him anywhere near our club, but Houlliers teams were equally dreadful to watch, and the most obvious proponents of the 2 banks of 4 and hoof it tactics, that I can remember.

If he was doing it here, and we were reaching the semi's of the cl, and in title races, he'd be worshipped by the majority, and would have been a good fit as far as most fans would be concerned. 

It isn't just the football, though, it is his manner and behaviour off the picth. He is a a weapons grade nobhead.

• Upvote 1

I posted this on the MF:

Dig at Rafa from Maureen?

"They did everything they could in the season to help. In a competition full of good teams and a Champions League against the best teams in the world, which is not the case in the Europa League, the boys did a good job."

No one got under his skin like Rafa did/still does. Getting knocked out of 2 European cup semi's does that to you.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'll give it a go.

And a cunt.

What a load of bollocks. He won the treble with Inter, first European Cup since 1965, first league in almost a decade... all because of depleted opposition? This is a case of lacking class and bitterness. He lacks class, there's no need for others to do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1