You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

Fair play for that second half. We didn't have enough of the ball to make it comfortable viewing but the game plan listening to Gerrards comments was obviously to be compact, concede space and hit them on the counter.

We did that 3 times and got away with a 25 minute period before half time when they were all over us.

Believe

Forgot to mention in previous post. Luke Shaw was unreal. I thought he was the best defender on the pitch. The way he runs from deep with the ball is brilliant, he takes his team from defence to attack in 2 seconds.

If we could sign one defender this summer it should be him

Forgot to mention in previous post. Luke Shaw was unreal. I thought he was the best defender on the pitch. The way he runs from deep with the ball is brilliant, he takes his team from defence to attack in 2 seconds.

yeah he would fit in well in our team. great going forward.

Steady Robbie, mate. I still think City and Chelsea will take the top 2 places.

But you never know...

Exactly. I reckon 83/85 points will take it . 8 wins out of 10 might be enough for us with the best GD but its massive ask . 

I think this was a bigger game than the Mancs game will be in the grand scheme of things (Champions league) as even though they are rubbish, I'd never be confident about going there no matter who is in charge. Anything could happen, shady sending off, a nothing penalty, etc etc, but fuck me, if we beat them the league is most definitely on. 

Put my head on the pillow to 'rest my eyes for five minutes' at 5, and woke up having missed Brendan's latest exercise in learning from past mistakes and steering us into second! Had to pinch myself to make sure I was actually awake.

• Upvote 4

Sadly a Chelsea fan coveted by Chelsea and who'll be able to command silly money elsewhere.

Thought that too looks a real talent i wonder if saints would take a cash plus johnson deal

Sadly a Chelsea fan coveted by Chelsea and who'll be able to command silly money elsewhere.

True, but they have Azpilicueta doing a nice job of keeping Cole out of the side so I find it difficult to see him wanting to go there when a starting spot isn't nailed on.

Here it is, but as Babb said, it'ls gonna cost us shit loads of money to get him.

We have been lucky to have seen some really talented shithot footballers playing for us over the years.

I'm no spring chicken and remember quite a few but Luis Suarez is the most talented footballer I have ever seen play for us. He is genuinely fucking marvelous. Technique, heart, selflessness, genuine. He has it all.

• Upvote 2