You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

I cannot fucking wait to play man Utd. We're going to absolutely humiliate them

We shouldn't say it out loud, but yes. I can't wait for that game.

This game though, so fucking proud of the lads on the pitch. That was a top class game and I was over the moon when the Southampton players showed their frustration at about 70 minutes when they knew this game was over for them.

Everything we needed from that game we fucking got. Absolute class. We're amazing

Do you know what? Yes, we were. We wobbled in the second quarter but the changes were made and Southampton had absolutely no answer to them. It's the first sign that they can play horses for courses rather than just using Plan A(ttack) every time. I'm buzzing here, bloody buzzing.

• Upvote 1

We shouldn't say it out loud, but yes. I can't wait for that game.

This game though, so fucking proud of the lads on the pitch. That was a top class game and I was over the moon when the Southampton players showed their frustration at about 70 minutes when they knew this game was over for them.

This.

After the second goal, my (radio) commentators stopped talking about the match for long stretches--I was wondering if someone was down injured, and I'd somehow missed it.

After the roller-coaster rides of the past few weeks, the fact we shut the game down had to be the most encouraging thing to happen today.

• Upvote 1

Dreading the Utd game. Anything can happen and form goes right out of the window. 

Would love Suarez to smash 5 in and humiliate them I but I would take a scrappy 1-0 to get it over and done with.

When we are over confident as a set of fans, it usually comes back to bit us on the ass.

• Upvote 1

Dreading the Utd game. Anything can happen and form goes right out of the window.

Would love Suarez to smash 5 in and humiliate them I but I would take a scrappy 1-0 to get it over and done with.

When we are over confident as a set of fans, it usually comes back to bit us on the ass.

Does it? I'm all for dampening down expectations so as to avoid future disappointment - I think the title is beyond us as Chelsea and City will not drop enough points, even assuming we beat them both - but neutrals will be looking at the game against the Mancs and thinking we should be murdering them. That 11/14 point gap is there for a reason. Won't stop me being a nervous wreck come the day of the game but there's no objective reason not to be confident.

First away game ive been to in years and the lads were quality singing all game long. My voice is a little sore this morning.

I thought Southampton were the better side in the first half. And for spells in the second. But we showed class to finish our chances. We were much improved when coutinho came off. He needs a few games out I reckon. Skrtel was boss, sterling made a superb impact and suarez is quality inreal player watching him get annoyed with himself in unbelievable his desire to win is incredible.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think we were better before Coutinho came off. Hendo and Allen had as much to do with it as anything. Not saying he shouldn't have come off, I just dont think it was the biggest factor. Sterlings energy helped.

Though Skrtel was good at what skrtel does well, but fucking shit at what he does poorly.

Only because we've been generally inconsistent for the majority of the past two decades. I remember being supremely confident watching us in the 1980s and with good reason. We'll twat United and I can't wait to see it. 

That was a joke of a decision as well. Was fuming that day. Ruined the game in the first 10 minutes.

Igor came on and looked as if he had just woken up with the worst hangover of all time, to play CB with Djimi. Fuck me that was a low!

• Upvote 1

We're a goal up away from home with half an hour to go and looking to replace Coutinho. Only Rodgers would throw on Sterling and go even more attacking!

Fuckin' A Brendan, fuckin' A.

Not to take credit of BR but it was probably his only choice who to put on? Teixeira or Moses the only other options..

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not to take credit of BR but it was probably his only choice who to put on? Teixeira or Moses the only other options..

Toure and switch to five at the back, or even play him in midfield?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sterling was definitely the right move, I'm just saying that it wasn't his only option. I also think it wasn't only Sterling's introduction that made the game more comfortable, it was the things Rodgers did at half time with the midfield.

Dreading the Utd game. Anything can happen and form goes right out of the window

Totally agree except that I'm not dreading it. I can't wait.

They will do anything they can to put a spanner in our works and we underestimate them at our peril. They do have players capable of a moment of individual brilliance irrespective of how well they are playing as a team. However, they have only scored 18 goals in 13 home games so I don't see too much threat even against our defence. They have also shipped 12 goals in those games - almost one a game on average - so I'll be surprised if they can keep a clean sheet against us. I don't see them going all gung-ho at us so expect them to be tight and disciplined and looking to take a chance if it comes their way. But if we can get an early goal, or even two.........