You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BT Sport.... Fucking rip off.

Fugitive

Not sure about in the US but I am paying $8 a month direct debit (about £6) to watch any baseball via MLB.tv online although it was on offer to non-US viewers at the time. No idea what it costs over there.

Think it msy be the same as people the world over pay less to watch the prem than we do. We pay in the uk just over 3 billion to watch the prem while the rest of the world between them pay about 2 billion.

My broadband and home phone are both with O2 but they have just sold this part of their business to Sky. I had a staff discount with O2 which I was going to lose with the switch to Sky, so I decided yesterday to switch my broadband and home phone to BT where I will then get BT Sport free, as it will work out cheaper than having my broadband and home phone with Sky and then paying £15 to also get BT Sport.

There's going to be some big games on BT, I believe the PL sold the games in six 18 match bundles, with BT buying picks two and five, so Sky will get to choose the biggest 18 games of the season as they have first pick, with BT then getting the next 18. They're not soft, they will know that we are the next biggest supported team after the Mancs in this country so they will ensure we feature in a minimum of four times out of those 18 games in my opinion, and then we will probably feature in another four or five games in their fifth round pick.

The best news of all is that that those odious cunts Jon Champion and Craig Burley won't be anywhere near their coverage, they probably noticed that the pair are jinxes after the demise of Setanta and ESPN, as well as noticing that they make any match sound like tedium, even if it's a classic. They have picked well in Darren Fletcher from 5 Live and Ian Darke as their commentators and Jake Humphries will make a good host, though they have let themselves down by choosing Michael Owen as a co-commentator.

So I go back to my original post and want to know as a consumer how the fucking hell I'm better off now than I was on 2005?

No one knows what the fuck is going on, we are all spending a fortune per

Month and still don't get to see the games we want unless we stream.

As I said before, BT offer shite customer service, shite products and are robbing twats.

I used to get 6mbs on BT then I moved to SKY and started getting 13mbps. Can't get Fibre optic or Virgin where I live due to the awkward location and the amount it would cost the companies to install it in my area.

So I go back to my original post and want to know as a consumer how the fucking hell I'm better off now than I was on 2005?

No one knows what the fuck is going on, we are all spending a fortune per

Month and still don't get to see the games we want unless we stream.

I think the question is whether SKY would have still been charging the same rates as 2005 or increased their prices exponentionally with the increased costs of TV rights and the monopoly.

I think the question is whether SKY would have still been charging the same rates as 2005 or increased their prices exponentionally with the increased costs of TV rights and the monopoly.

True. But have they done the same with movies? Think that's a similar market.

Get a choice of every premiership match live here in China on our digibox. It costs the equivalent of about a tenner a month including broadband.

Good example of how fucked up capitalism is, that 2/3 billion figure. The people who are closer to the game and have a greater emotional investment get bent over a barrel to indulge it, and then they sell it to everyone else for peanuts... even though it's essentially the same product. It's fundamentally exploitative, although I expect most people would venerate it as 'good business sense'.

Guest ShoePiss
Not sure about in the US but I am paying $8 a month direct debit (about £6) to watch any baseball via MLB.tv online although it was on offer to non-US viewers at the time. No idea what it costs over there.

I pay $115 for the season, think the monthly is $25.

Guest ShoePiss

I don't understand why Internet service is so shit in the uk, I know you live 'out in the sticks' LF but you can't be more than 50 miles from a major city, few people are. Same goes for mobile now (uk used to be way ahead in this respect, when I first came here in 2001 you couldn't even send a text message ha), we've had LTE for a few of years easy.

I don't understand why Internet service is so shit in the uk, I know you live 'out in the sticks' LF but you can't be more than 50 miles from a major city, few people are. Same goes for mobile now (uk used to be way ahead in this respect, when I first came here in 2001 you couldn't even send a text message ha), we've had LTE for a few of years easy.

BT (Sky use the same cables) and Virgin won't invest in the technology to feed our village.

Sorry you can't get BT TV due to the speed of your broadband or an issue with your line.

Try 3.2 miles from a high speed exchange.

Exchange upgrade being evaluated as part of a government funded programme.

True. But have they done the same with movies? Think that's a similar market.

Its totally different product. For a start movies are not restricted to be seen on Sky and not dependant on the date broadcast. Then you have Lovefilm and the other online streaming

Exactly.

I'm assuming I'd still be able to get BT Sport ok through the sky box' date=' just not online. Right?[/quote']

Not sure

I'm getting rid if everything except my virgin broadband.Ill stream 'ball and I get my NCAA/NFL through season passes anyway.I need sky sports for two months a year for the NFL playoffs and will just get a sky go subscription then.

It's too bloody expensive these days for my liking.I have netflixs and a couple of sites to watch other things.

Not sure

I'm getting rid if everything except my virgin broadband.Ill stream 'ball and I get my NCAA/NFL through season passes anyway.I need sky sports for two months a year for the NFL playoffs and will just get a sky go subscription then.

It's too bloody expensive these days for my liking.I have netflixs and a couple of sites to watch other things.

As soon as we move I'll be looking at getting an Astra satellite dish.

I dont all of a sudden understand all the animosity all of a sudden to people having to pay for footy on tv. For most people the deal that bt have brought out will save them money. How many people need to have every sport channel on every tv in the house? I think that compared to what we had then the deal that bt have given is much better than what we hax with espn.

I dont all of a sudden understand all the animosity all of a sudden to people having to pay for footy on tv. For most people the deal that bt have brought out will save them money. How many people need to have every sport channel on every tv in the house? I think that compared to what we had then the deal that bt have given is much better than what we hax with espn.

Because most people can't access it without shelling out more cash. I'm in an 18 month contract with Sky so I'm fucked.

Its no better than ESPN

They will show even less foreign games than ESPN do like ESPN showed less games than Setanta did.Seeing as alot of us have ESPN free with Virgin TV and now either have to change providers or pay for the channel its not cheaper.