You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

9 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Probably some truth in this I'd have thought January though ; BREAKING: Johnson to "resign" from public office on "Health Grounds" before Christmas.

This follows weak performances by Johnson at PMQs, handling of Covid crisis, & illegal "Internal Market Bill".

Plans believed to be well advanced, with ERG & Cummings favouring Gove for PM.

But the 1922 wanting a ‘clean break’.

Grab the pop corn, it’s Tory civil war time! 

Just in time to get Brexit done and get covid got! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I would guess that the "Don't Know" element might be floating/ex-Labour voters who don't want to embrace the mistake they made.

There's a concerted effort by the Nick Ferraris and Iain Dales of this world to try and disengage people with politics in an effort to further imobilise ordinary folk. 

You'll frequently hear that right wing cabal bemoaning 'MPs' as snouts in the trough, corrupt, useless, yet strangely they never pile on to the actual government itself - the (very) small number of MPs and the Prime Minister able to implement policy. 

What you'll find, and have done for a few years now, is people unwilling to vote, who genuinely don't think there's a difference between the parties and have disdain for the system itself, yet can be mobilised to vote for stuff that they believe will give that 'rotten' system a 'good kicking'. The Brexit vote itself was largely about that, in some ways I'd argue Corbyn was (when he enjoyed initial popularity) and Johnson definitely - he's been able to market himself as the ultimate outsider and disruptor by following Farage's playbook. 

It's amazing when you think about it, both the Republicans and Tories are the party of 'the system', yet have somehow managed to rebrand themselves as the party of the little guy that hates the system by harnessing simple messaging, social media shenanigans and utilising a press that's bought and paid for. Astonishing stuff. If the left is going to stop this it needs to become as devious as they are. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I hope fucking Gove dies as well.

Yeah I think he would be the one I would take the most pleasure in kicking the shit out of. 

vitally know its Rees-Mogg. i'd love to kick the shit out of him.

Oh no I forgot hancock. I'd really like to kick the shit out of that cunt. 

guy-fawkes-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

It's amazing when you think about it, both the Republicans and Tories are the party of 'the system', yet have somehow managed to rebrand themselves as the party of the little guy that hates the system by harnessing simple messaging, social media shenanigans and utilising a press that's bought and paid for. Astonishing stuff. If the left is going to stop this it needs to become as devious as they are. 

36 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Talk that he was at that slippery Russian's castle (yeah he has a castle), the one who owns the Independent and has, amazingly, been elevated to the house of lords - son of a KGB agent. Rule Britannia indeed. 

The left needs to own nationalism. Calling out shit like this. Asking why the French and Dutch own our fucking railways, why Saudi warlords own half of London, and why the country doesn't make anything any more. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Talk that he was at that slippery Russian's castle (yeah he has a castle), the one who owns the Independent and has, amazingly, been elevated to the house of lords - son of a KGB agent. Rule Britannia indeed. 

You forgot to mention that it's in Italy. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/boris-johnson-spent-long-weekend-in-perugia-to-baptise-his-son-7m5t2g36t?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1600674353

28 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The left needs to own nationalism. Calling out shit like this. Asking why the French and Dutch own our fucking railways, why Saudi warlords own half of London, and why the country doesn't make anything any more. 

I think this is the direction Starmer is taking labour based on whispers and things he and Raynor are saying.

It’ll be an interesting ride.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I think he would be the one I would take the most pleasure in kicking the shit out of. 

vitally know its Rees-Mogg. i'd love to kick the shit out of him.

Oh no I forgot hancock. I'd really like to kick the shit out of that cunt. 

guy-fawkes-1.jpg

Rees Mogg should be hung upside down off a lamp post and bricked a la  Mussolini.

Hancock is the fall guy, but I agree he needs a fucking good hiding.

Absolute shower of cunts the lot of them.

57 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Rees Mogg should be hung upside down off a lamp post and bricked a la  Mussolini.

Hancock is the fall guy, but I agree he needs a fucking good hiding.

Absolute shower of cunts the lot of them.

UnPriti Patel needs dropping in a leaky inflatable with a ping pong bat for a paddle in the middle of the Channel or better yet the Atlantic.