You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another Royal being a shithouse again, shocker.

Flying Pig

Are my eyes deceiving me? Did Harry need to be whisked away by the SAS when the Taliban attacked?

Why didn't the ginger cowardly, shitbag (and trained soldier!) Harry not try to defend his comrades and country and earn a fucking living, or use his ('Apache attack helicopter co-pilot gunner') skills to shoot the fuckers from own his helicopter. Why do we put up with this charade?

And Yes Harry, we really believed you got you gun out ready to fight.

Prince Harry: SAS whisked Royal to safety during deadly Taliban attack at Camp Bastion - Mirror Online

Prince Harry was whisked to safety by SAS bodyguards as the Taliban launched its deadly attack on Camp Bastion.

Harry had grabbed a pistol and was ready to fight but was taken to a fortified safe room on the base during the three-hour suicide bombing mission.

The SAS guarded Harry through the night, primed to take on the Taliban fighters who have vowed to kill him.

An insider at the huge base in Afghanistan said: “There was no messing about. Harry was taken straight to the safe place as soon as the alarm went off.

“He was prepared for the fight but had to follow the plan. If anything happened to him it would have been disastrous.

“The whole camp was locked down. All troops including Harry had to stay in their accommodation wearing full body armour and armed.” The details became clear yesterday after the ferocious assault that started at 10pm local time on Friday.

Harry, who celebrated his 28th birthday the following day, was relaxing in the pilots’ lounge when the alarm was raised.

Two US Marines were killed as around 15 Taliban fighters wearing US Army uniforms went on the rampage.

The Taliban opened fire when they were challenged by guards near an airfield on the north-east side of the base, which houses US forces in Camp Leatherneck.

Fifty airmen from the RAF Regiment Force Protection Wing raced to the scene in lightly armoured vehicles and the fire-fight lasted more than two hours.

The insurgents destroyed six American Harrier jets, three refuelling stations and damaged six aircraft hangars.

Eight Coalition forces – including four of the RAF Regiment – and one civilian contractor were wounded.

Sources say 14 attackers were killed, and another was wounded and captured.

When they passed through checkpoints in pick-up trucks before the attack, the Taliban had been wearing local clothes and are thought to have been unarmed.

Camp Bastion attack Map Graphic Under siege: A map of the Camp Bastion attack

The fighters then collected the uniforms and weapons – including AK47 automatic rifles and rocket-propelled grenades – which are thought to have been buried near the Nato base in Helmand.

A suicide bomber blew a hole in the perimeter fence. Other fighters detonated their suicide vests in the battle.

The attack was well planned and it is thought the insurgents may have had help from members of the Afghan army or Afghan civilians who work at the base.

A Coalition Forces spokesman said: “The insurgents appeared to be well equipped, trained and rehearsed.”

The attack came amid three days of horror in Afghanistan.

A British lance corporal was killed on Friday after his vehicle hit a roadside bomb. And two British soldiers were shot dead on Saturday by a man wearing an Afghan police uniform.

Four US soldiers were killed in a separate attack that was believed to have been carried out by Afghan police close to the Pakistan border. There have now been 51 Nato troops killed this year by Afghan soldiers or policemen or insurgents wearing their uniforms.

The bloodshed continued yesterday as a Nato airstrike was believed to have killed eight women and girls who were gathering firewood in Laghman, east Afghanistan. Nato expressed regret that civilians may have died in the attack which killed around 45 insurgents.

A spokesman for the Taliban, which has released what it says is a video of the assault on Camp Bastion, said: “We attacked the base as Prince Harry was on it, and so they know our anger. Thousands more suicide attackers are ready to give up their lives.”

The MoD said: “The deployment of Captain Wales has been long planned and the threat to him and others around him thoroughly assessed.” Harry is this week due to begin flying as a co-pilot gunner in an Apache attack helicopter.

Guest ShoePiss
So going over to Afghanistan as a 'soldier' (whilst relaxing in the officers quarters) but when an enemy attacks runs for cover with your bodyguards isn't cowardice, what is?

It reads like he didn't have any choice in the matter, not an act of cowardice.

Bit harsh to call him a coward, but it does raise the question of what he's actually doing there.

Maybe 'coward' is harsh, but on the other hand he'd be happy with 'hero' as an undeserved description.

Why he is there is purely to show the Royals as war heroes; just look at the medals hanging from Charles and Andrew chest and ask how they deserved them. It infuriated me why proper, poorly paid and highly trained soldiers have to protect him whilst they fight as he hides for THREE hours in a bunker.

Maybe 'coward' is harsh, but on the other hand he'd be happy with 'hero' as an undeserved description.

Why he is there is purely to show the Royals as war heroes; just look at the medals hanging from Charles and Andrew chest and ask how they deserved them. It infuriated me why proper, poorly paid and highly trained soldiers have to protect him whilst they fight as he hides for THREE hours in a bunker.

Did he manage to finish his game of Golf though?

Surely he should have stripped and drunkenly danced on a tank, waving his knob at the Taliban. They'd have been so confused the SAS could have snuck up on them and killed them all.

While it's a bit harsh to label it as cowardice, it does put things into sharp perspective for all the other parents with children serving over there.

It said he grabbed a pistol but was told to back the fuck down and go to his panic room. Doesn't sound cowardly to me, but like it or not it'd be the biggest PR disaster in recent wartime history if he got killed there so he's had to do as he's told. I'm no fan of the royals but the lad seems like he's well up for being a regular soldier and wants to play a part rather than just fuck around drinking port like so many of his family and his ancestors.

If he's going to be locked away at the first sign of trouble by the SAS then you've got to ask what the point is. I'm sure there are plenty of parents who'd like the SAS to go on patrol for their son/daughter.

The biggest issue I have with it is that people died due to an attack on a base to get at him. If he hadn't been there, those people would still be alive. It's not worth the money spent on the SAS or the risk to other people's lives to allow him to play soldiers.

Guest Pistonbroke

Babysitting the Royals is a job no soldier wants to do, waste of fucking money and resources to let the Royal family gain some good PR, bunch of inbred cunts!

The biggest issue I have with it is that people died due to an attack on a base to get at him. If he hadn't been there, those people would still be alive. It's not worth the money spent on the SAS or the risk to other people's lives to allow him to play soldiers.

Surprised nobody mentioned this sooner. The Taliban admitted that was why they had launched the attack on the base. He's a fucking liability, putting others' lives at risk while he gets special protection

I don't think he's a coward, and my own impression of him is that he probably would fight if he had the chance.

However, the only upside to him being in Afghanistan that I can see is him possibly boosting morale for the other soldiers by being there. That surely had the opposite effect though when people started dying. Since the plan must have always been he'd be whisked away and guarded by the SAS at the first sign of trouble then he should have just stayed away.

I don't think he's a coward, and my own impression of him is that he probably would fight if he had the chance.

However, the only upside to him being in Afghanistan that I can see is him possibly boosting morale for the other soldiers by being there. That surely had the opposite effect though when people started dying. Since the plan must have always been he'd be whisked away and guarded by the SAS at the first sign of trouble then he should have just stayed away.

Correct. He's thick and certainly given special treatment - never would have qualified as a helicopter pilot without his name - but calling him a coward is predictable, lazy stupidity

And he's hardly the only thick person in the military.

If he's going to be locked away at the first sign of trouble by the SAS then you've got to ask what the point is. I'm sure there are plenty of parents who'd like the SAS to go on patrol for their son/daughter.

Yeah, the Taleban only attack military bases when they know a Prince is in it

It said he grabbed a pistol but was told to back the fuck down and go to his panic room. Doesn't sound cowardly to me, but like it or not it'd be the biggest PR disaster in recent wartime history if he got killed there so he's had to do as he's told. I'm no fan of the royals but the lad seems like he's well up for being a regular soldier and wants to play a part rather than just fuck around drinking port like so many of his family and his ancestors.
Come on eh Section. Let not drag the Hewitts in to this.