You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

I don't think stats are bad but you can't just use them to forge opinions, I think you need to have your own view on things. Stats are good to look at to then see if they add weight to what you're seeing yourself (or alternatively if they make you think about things differently).

I look at the same site as Code does and it's actually quite good although there have been times when i've looked at a rating a player has been given in a game and thought, 'no way!' I don't think it should give ratings because that's a purely subjective thing for me.

Agree the ratings can be a bit misleading at times, but they are totally objective as they are set by a program based on different variables and not a subjective journalist.

How the different variables are weighted could obviously be discussed.

The only time I've actually used the ratings as some kind of point though is with Carroll saying that if you look at the top 3 among most clubs I guess people will not have too much a problem with them and that tells me Carroll has been doing a pretty good job at West Ham seeing he was top of theirs as long as he was playing and might still be.

I think Sahin would need a sustained run in the side to be able to come to some kind of conclusion with respect to his ability and suitability to Premiership football. I've been underwhelmed by his very limited performances thus far, but he obviously had a very good technique and is able to create and score goals. Whether he gets the run of games he needs is another matter as there is a lot of competition for space in our midfield, especially now that Lucas is back and we only play 3 in there. Sahin was a bit of a luxury signing during the Summer with hindsight, but if he can use any chances he gets to impose himself on games then you never know, he might just show us what a good player he can be.

8 games, eight games. I'll take 3 goal and 3 assists from our strikers every 8 games.

Sahin fan's and their '8 games,3 goals,3 assists' mantra! It's a spun stat and doesn't stand up to scrutiny as he's been crap for the vast majority of his time on the pitch. Nowhere near the type of player everybody got excited about in the summer.

The West Brom cup game and Norwich apart he's been anonymous (and in those games was hardly more than neat and tidy) and at some times looked willingly anonymous in every other game he's featured in. Doesn't look like he wants to be here. The fact he hasn't played regular football for nearly two years only adds to the argument that he's not worth the risk.

He might prove me wrong and return to this player his fans obviously remember from Dortmund. I wouldn't put money on it.

Allen has been playing all over the defensive parts of the midfield, and until the last few games against Fulham, QPR and Stoke, he has been carrying the likes of Gerrard.

Did I just read that Allen "has been carrying the likes of Gerrard" against Stoke(he didn't even play) and QPR?

I give up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Did I just read that Allen "has been carrying the likes of Gerrard" against Stoke(he didn't even play) and QPR?

No, you didn't read that. You're such a fucking spastic that you wanted to read that and totally disregarded what was actually said.

I give up.

Please, do. Give up on life.

No, you didn't read that. You're such a fucking spastic that you wanted to read that and totally disregarded what was actually said.

Please, do. Give up on life.

Now you are using the word "spastic", a nervous condition, as an insult. Classy.

What a spectacular cock-beggar you are. You should learn not speak with your mouth full. Now fuck off.

Agree, if he wanted to really be here there is no way he would be out as long as this with a broken nose.

Drop a loan player and I doubt his head will be fully committed for very long as there is nothing in it for him really.

He was on the bench for the Fulham game, so I don't think its injury that's kept him out of the squad recently. I can understand if Rodgers didn't want him to play in the Stoke game but I have no idea why he wasn't in the squad for the QPR game, has he picked up another injury or is it simply a case of Rodgers not wanting him in the squad while he's trying to push him out of the door?

Sahin fan's and their '8 games,3 goals,3 assists' mantra! It's a spun stat and doesn't stand up to scrutiny as he's been crap for the vast majority of his time on the pitch. Nowhere near the type of player everybody got excited about in the summer.

The West Brom cup game and Norwich apart he's been anonymous (and in those games was hardly more than neat and tidy) and at some times looked willingly anonymous in every other game he's featured in. Doesn't look like he wants to be here. The fact he hasn't played regular football for nearly two years only adds to the argument that he's not worth the risk.

He might prove me wrong and return to this player his fans obviously remember from Dortmund. I wouldn't put money on it.

Spot on , hes been another huge waste of money , 6 million was it ? to think i was excited by his signing , mostly from buying into the hype on here.

Find it odd people wondering why he isn't playing , its because hes been fucking shit , says it all hes 6th choice with our midfield.

Hes a massive shithouse aswell on the evidence so far , jumping out of 50/50s and making half arsed attempts at tackling , that one with Boyce ? against Wigan in the first 10 minutes at Anfield was just utterly pathetic , him and Meireles cut from the same cloth , look where Meireles is now , the football backwaters of Turkey , both very talented players but shithouses , without the fight , hunger and a pair of bollocks you are redundant in the Premier League no matter if you're a talented player bar the odd rare exception (Le Tissier , Berbatov).

Seriously if we want to get back up there we wont get there with shithouse players like Sahin , Downing and Henderson , all talented but ultimately lack a pair of bollocks and the mentality.

Edited by DooooodekNo5

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Now you are using the word "spastic", a nervous condition, as an insult. Classy.

I'm totally in the wrong here, so I'll apologise. I'll use retard from now on, you scope-lookin' motherfucka.

What a spectacular cock-beggar you are. You should learn not speak with your mouth full. Now fuck off.

No. Here's what's going to happen: you're going to learn to read, spasy, and then you're going to apologise for misreading what I said. Then I'm going to insult you some more, then you're going to shut up. Okay, pumpkin? Good.

Personally speaking, I no longer think Gerrard belongs in midfield any longer. To make possession football work all the midfielders have to press the ball like Stoke (STOKE!!) mercilessly did to us. Gerrard doesn't do that so he shouldn't be in midfield. What he does do however is score goals so he should be in the front 3. Who is in the front 3 these days? Sterling and Downing, you aren't telling me Gerrard wouldn't score more and create more than those two.

We've been caught on the counter time and time again because we aren't closing gaps by not pressing the ball. Code and show all the stats in the world but Gerrard hasn't been anything other than average this season.

Hahahahahahhahahahahha- hope you watched the game tonight!!

I'm totally in the wrong here, so I'll apologise. I'll use retard from now on, you scope-lookin' motherfucka.

No. Here's what's going to happen: you're going to learn to read, spasy, and then you're going to apologise for misreading what I said. Then I'm going to insult you some more, then you're going to shut up. Okay, pumpkin? Good.

"retard", "spaz" ssshh.. you sound like a proper internet wrestler.

Like someone who takes breaks from his on line life only to push his microscopic penis between his legs in front of the mirror and repeat "I'd fuck me, I'd fuck me so hard".

Here's the deal for you cockmuncher. I will rest my balls on your face for a couple of hours to calm you down you.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

you sound like a proper internet wrestler.

And then...

Here's the deal for you cockmuncher. I will rest my balls on your face for a couple of hours to calm you down you.

Your sense of self-awareness is as highly tuned as you ability to read.

Just back from an enjoyable home game to look up the latest info about who's coming and going

Find a pair of needy, attention seeking gobshites clogging up the thread.

Take it somewhere else.

Whats the latest with Sahin?

Probably start against Mansfield, with Henderson and Shelvey. I think he's a decent player. The frenetic pace of english footie is hard to get used to for some players. Jury's out I suppose whether he'll do much in the time he has left with us.

Stop ruining good arguments. Some of us enjoy them you arl farts.

Sahin has shown glimpses but he reminds me of a period when redknapp wouldn't try to Hard incase his hair got messed up. If he starts playing like redknapp on a good day then fucking keep him.