You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

Assaidi situation is really odd, Rodgers got him saying his a player that will really excite the crowd, in the few games his had his played really well and has been exciting, yet he never makes the bench, can't remember the last time I saw him play, he will be off to the ANC soon so most likely we won't even see him play anymore and he'll probably be sold in the summer.

Sahin had a good run of 3 games, but seemed to struggle since, think he will be used more in Europa.

I think Gerrards done pretty well for a player who is past his best and playing in a supposedly less effective role which is deeper than he should be playing,in most peoples opinion.

I'm amazed at the criticism of Gerrard to be honest,if others around him were as 'average' as he has been then we'd certainly be better off points and goals wise.

Sahin looks lightweight BUT he does score goals and our midfielders have let us down big time on that score. All of our regular defenders have scored yet our midfielders are reliant on Gerrard to score despite being the deepest sitting at times.

If Allens cameo on Wednesday is a sign of the future then he might pop up with a goal or two in coming games.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We should let him go unless Brendan can see him playing a big part in the second half of the season' date=' waste of his talents to be on the bench, waste of our money to pay him shitloads to be on the bench[/quote']

This. I think it's a crying shame.

Thank fuck we didn't spunk millions on him. Obviously has the talent but the pace of the league just didn't suit the dude. best of luck Nuri.

philmcnulty

Transfer news from @LivEchoLFC - saying Nuri Sahin (on loan @Liverpool from Real Madrid) on brink of returning to Borussia Dortmund on loan @philmcnulty 1 hour ago

and whilst I was happy about signing him I did think it to be a strange signing at the time as it seemed Brendan had already decided Lucas, Stevie and Allen were his midfield 3 but it does look like he was trying to offload Henderson at the time which has hopefully changed now

Strange one. Clearly has superb technique and I hoped he would add something our midfield lacks.

Real not happy at his lack of starts but he hasn't been back long from injury so maybe he's kicked off and demanded more starts.

Either way it's our loss in the sorth term . On the flip side we were unlikely to sign him anyway after the loan period.

Strange one. Clearly has superb technique and I hoped he would add something our midfield lacks.

Real not happy at his lack of starts but he hasn't been back long from injury so maybe he's kicked off and demanded more starts.

Either way it's our loss in the sorth term . On the flip side we were unlikely to sign him anyway after the loan period.

can't see us noticing the loss barring an injury crisis, rightly or wrongly I think he is last choice of all the central players now

Good. Whilst I wish the lad no ill, let somebody else pay for his rehabilitation back into first team football and getting his fitness back for Madrid.

A good footballer but not right for us now.

I bet Arsenal are well pleased they didn't get him on the permanent deal they wanted in the Summer. Bullet dodged for them and 6 months worth of a bullet dodged for us.