You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

Lets have a look at Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Sahin, Shelvey and Suso then and see who tops most areas and who is next on the list on performance related issues.

Midfielder stats:

Goals:

1. Gerrard: 4

2. Cole, Shelvey,Sahin: 1

Assists:

1. Gerrard: 6

2. Henderson: 2

Key passes:

1. Gerrard: 2,6 pr game, 52 passes

2. Sahin: 1,1 pr game, 8 passes

3. Allen: 1 pr game, 19 passes

Shots pr game:

1. Gerrard: 2,6 pr game, 51 shots

2. Shelvey: 1,9 pr game, 28 shots

Tackles:

1. Lucas: 3,4 pr game, 27 tackles

2. Gerrard: 2,5 pr game, 50 tackles

3. Allen: 2,3 pr game, 43 tackles

Passes:

1. Gerrard: 64,2 pr game, 1283 passes

2. Allen: 63,4 pr game, 1205 passes

Accurate crosses pr game:

1. Gerrard: 1,7 pr game

2. Shelvey: 0,2 pr game

Accurate long balls pr game:

1. Gerrard: 7,4 pr game

2. Joe Allen: 4,9 pr game

Accurate through balls pr game:

1. Gerrard: 0,4 pr game

2. Suso: 0,2 pr game

I could post a few more as well, but I think most people apart from the most insane among us have got the picture by now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh dear. I didn't say the others weren't average, they have been. I'm saying he has also been. His passing has been fucking atrocious. He has allowed people to ghost past him all season. Source: Eyes. If you only judge by factors like a plus 0.2 extra per game, rather than things which can't be quantified, you end up as daft as Code.

Oh, wait, you are Code.

Oh dear. I didn't say the others weren't average, they have been. I'm saying he has also been. His passing has been fucking atrocious. He has allowed people to ghost past him all season. Source: Eyes.

You can fuck off with this shite.

Watch the game in morse code.

Oh dear. I didn't say the others weren't average, they have been. I'm saying he has also been. His passing has been fucking atrocious. He has allowed people to ghost past him all season. Source: Eyes. If you only judge by factors like a plus 0.2 extra per game, rather than things which can't be quantified, you end up as daft as Code.

Oh, wait, you are Code.

Dribbled by other teams players:

1. Lucas: 1,5 pr game, 12 times

2. Allen: 1,3 pr game, 25 times

3. Gerrard: 0,8 pr game, 15 times

4. Suso: 0,5 pr game, 5 times

5. Sahin: 0,4 pr game, 3 times

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's some bullshit right there. Sahin, lambasted by just about everybody for being ghosted passed, is the least ghosted passed in the side. Yeah. Okay. Suso and Sahin, unpassable.

That's some bullshit right there. Sahin, lambasted by just about everybody for being ghosted passed, is the least ghosted passed in the side. Yeah. Okay. Suso and Sahin, unpassable.

You have never seen me say anything about that have you?

Sahins problem is not that he allow players to go past him, its the fact he can never catch them and has no chance of stopping them unless he is on the right side of them to begin with.

What a fucking arbitrary, entirely subjective 'stat'. Dribbled past? What if its in the oppositions half towards their own goal?

Gerrard has been shite. So has the rest of our midfield. Discussing exactly who has been slightly shitter, or to what level of shitness they've played at is a great way to waste time.

Have fun.

Edit: Perhaps it'd be more productive to discuss why they've been crap. Why, for instance, Gerrard has played in a position quite obviously restrictive of his truest qualities.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What a fucking arbitrary, entirely subjective 'stat'. Dribbled past? What if its in the oppositions half towards their own goal?

Gerrard has been shite. So has the rest of our midfield. Discussing exactly who has been slightly shitter, or to what level of shitness they've played at is a great way to waste time.

Have fun.

Edit: Perhaps it'd be more productive to discuss why they've been crap. Why, for instance, Gerrard has played in a position quite obviously restrictive of his truest qualities.

Yep. Rodgers has, in my opinion, gone for a strange set-up in the midfield. I'm not surprised he wants Gerrard deeper, though; we're lightweight there at times. We need a strong, dynamic, nut job in there.

According to that site it has Gerrard with a higher rating over the season than Johnson...

Fails hard.

Gerrard's pass success rate is worse than Lucas, Henderson, Allen, ...and Joe Cole.

Our pass accuracy is actually below that of United, City, and Arsenal.

We have more shots per game than any other team, with Gerrard taking 2.6 shots per game, from fucking anywhere.

We're the second best team in the division when it comes to winning aerial duels. Comolli says that winning aerial duels is key to success in this division, hence the Carroll purchase.

Johnathon De Guzman has more assists, at home, for Swansea than Gerrard has at Anfield.

etc etc

Yep. Rodgers has, in my opinion, gone for a strange set-up in the midfield. I'm not surprised he wants Gerrard deeper, though; we're lightweight there at times. We need a strong, dynamic, nut job in there.

I guess its a case of weighing it up - whether it is worth sacrificing the quality he offers up front for the steel (kind of) he adds deeper. I personally believe it could have been interesting to play him further up with Henderson or Coady playing deep.

I also think playing Michael Owen as a deep midfielder is as useful as playing Joe Allen there. Despite his technical ability, his lack of dynamism/strength/power/aggression means he is always going to get overran by physical sides. My general opinion of him as a player isn't exactly glowing in positives though, so I don't know if that has skewed my perspective.

With regards to Sahin - who knows. I'm quite apathetic towards him as a player, but I have only seen him play a handful of times against naff opposition. To covet somebody for a month and pay the exorbitant wages we did just to bench him is absolutely ridiculous though. Rodgers obviously signed the name, not the player.

Edit: Overall, though - I just don't think we've ever had the players under Rodgers to play 433. Nor can I ever envisage seeing Stevie thrive in such a set up, unless he forms one of the front three. I'm positive about Sturridge - I think he'll be a great player for us - so hopefully we can see things take shape. If he wants to play the football he talks of, though, he better sign some midfielders, and none of them should be related to Joe Allen.

I guess its a case of weighing it up - whether it is worth sacrificing the quality he offers up front for the steel (kind of) he adds deeper. I personally believe it could have been interesting to play him further up with Henderson or Coady playing deep.

I also think playing Michael Owen as a deep midfielder is as useful as playing Joe Allen there. Despite his technical ability' date=' his lack of dynamism/strength/power/aggression means he is always going to get overran by physical sides. My general opinion of him as a player isn't exactly glowing in positives though, so I don't know if that has skewed my perspective.

With regards to Sahin - who knows. I'm quite apathetic towards him as a player, but I have only seen him play a handful of times against naff opposition. To covet somebody for a month and pay the exorbitant wages we did just to bench him is absolutely ridiculous though. Rodgers obviously signed the name, not the player.

Edit: Overall, though - I just don't think we've ever had the players under Rodgers to play 433. Nor can I ever envisage seeing Stevie thrive in such a set up, unless he forms one of the front three. I'm positive about Sturridge - I think he'll be a great player for us - so hopefully we can see things take shape. If he wants to play the football he talks of, though, he better sign some midfielders, and none of them should be related to Joe Allen.[/quote']

Conor coady is nowhere near ready

Gerrard has been miles ahead of the other midfielders, only someone who does not really understand football would think otherwise.

I agree Gerrard's been decent but please don't equate some saddo who copies and pastes someone else's stats (ie you) with someone who knows anything about football.