You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

Guest San Don
There is also a slight chance he is not the player now that he was in 2011.

Which would beg the question why chase him so hard in the first place?

It's not as if we stood back and gave arsenal a free run.

The kind of transaction Levy completes in his sleep. Do not have high hopes.

why does Levy suddenly have some sort of god like status? keep seeing loads of comments banging on about how good he is lately, from what I can see he does a job but its not like Dortmund etc with a side full of complete bargains and some of his outgoing transfers have been questionable to say the least

Which would beg the question why chase him so hard in the first place?

It's not as if we stood back and gave arsenal a free run.

Cuz you don't know how a player is going to bounce back after an injury - if he had come in fit as a fiddle and performed as advertised it would not be a discussion, the fact we can let it go now without too much heartache is a good thing.

why does Levy suddenly have some sort of god like status? keep seeing loads of comments banging on about how good he is lately, from what I can see he does a job but its not like Dortmund etc with a side full of complete bargains and some of his outgoing transfers have been questionable to say the least

He is probably the best overall at what he does that we compete with.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
2m loan fee not including wages.

Yeah, swat I heard. Seems more than reasonable for the three goals and three assists he got.

Gutted about this. Heard so many great things about the lad from his Dortmund days and would really have liked to have seen if he could reproduce that for us. Baffled as to why he featured so little but obviously there are reasons which we'll probably never find out about. The broken nose came at a bad time to. Anyway, always spoke respectfully about the club and wish him all the best back at his home club. Cracking move for him. For me he goes with a regret that we never got to see the player that everyone believes he can be.

That really does say it all.

Sahin wasn't arsed about us in the slightest , good riddance.

I wouldn't say he wasn't arsed, I think he's just a shithouse. It's pretty much the new type of footballer, the whole "if I don't play where I think I'm best deployed then that's why I'm not playing well". I was in favor of trying him deeper if we were going to persist with him, but the club and the manager have decided it's best to just cut ties and I'm fine with that as well.

Truth be told, unless you have a completely clueless cunt as a manager they're going to play the best players they can out of what they have available for the role they need at any given position. Sahin obviously didn't convince Rodgers that he was the best for a deeper role, nor did he convince him when he played that he could do the job in the role Rodgers thought was his best (attacking midfielder by the looks of it). Sahin decided to bitch, which signaled his own belief that he could only play well in the position and role he wanted to play, so he got left out and then shipped out at first chance.

I'm really pissed off about this. He showed great promise' date=' but didn't get enough of a chance. Stupidity.[/quote']

Maybe, just maybe, him or his representatives let Rodgers know that he didnt want to stay beyond the loan - or that he'd rather move back to Dortmund? Maybe then Rodgers felt he'd rather play players that are committed to the club?

Or maybe he just wasnt suited to English football?

There are many possible good reasons for what happened and none of us know what actually DID happen. Not surprising, however, to see some of the people with an anti-Rodgers agenda (not saying you are one of those) to use this as a stick to beat him with.