You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

If we get bought by some authoritarian regime then I'll walk away with fond memories and live my life without football on my mind. Its a shame really because FSG are so very close to being ideal, just invest more when the team needs it being too frugal when the team that has transformed their investment into potentially billions really needs it has been frustrating as fuck. When I've been pissed off by them I've said just sell the fuck up but it's a risky wish, we are bound to get some shitty owner. That's our lot as a club always having to do it the hard way.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

The reason why this has come out is because FSG are likely already in high level discussions with one or two interested parties. There is no way this would come out otherwise, as there were absolutely no rumors of a sale. Ornstein was obviously briefed as his piece was followed up with a pre-written statement immediately.

The reason they'd come out publicly is because they've likely done a lot of preparatory groundwork with Goldman/MS and are finally ready to pitch / invite interested parties. That will be done through more sophisticated means than an Athletic article, but publicity around the potential for a sale is only a good thing in terms of inviting interest.

We can still compete within the means of FFP - we could spend a shit ton more every season and still not breach it. But if i'm being honest, there is no owner in the world who respects it anymore. FFP is a load of bollocks and people have seen through the facade now.

We are the second most attractive asset in English football. If we had major investment, we have a prestige that is unmatched. When all is said and done, the biggest teams in the world will always be Madrid, Barca, United, Liverpool, Munich and Juve. Wait until we stand spending like one.

Agree with you. 

As I said in my first post I really hope that it is pretty much already done as we don't need a massive sideshow on top of what has been going on. Hopefully that is why it's come out now with just 1 game to play before the WC  We also need to get moving in Jan pretty sharpish. 

They have always said about being good custodians of the club so that will be tested now when we find out who it is they sell to. 

22 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Does it? I think we're a long way from knowing that. 

I don't think there is going to be a massive queue of people with that type of money?

Like others have said either be Arabs or Chinese 

Unless Steve Morgan is still around?

35 minutes ago, Red74 said:

There are people out there who are convinced Tyler and carragher offer nothing but biased commentary in our favour 

There are people out there who think the Earth is flat and Man City’s accounts are kosher

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I don't think there is going to be a massive queue of people with that type of money?

Like others have said either be Arabs or Chinese 

Unless Steve Morgan is still around?

You're ruling out the likes of Chelsea owners or the sort that'll happily leverage the club? I think that's a real risk. 

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If we get bought by some authoritarian regime then I'll walk away with fond memories and live my life without football on my mind.

I’m adopting a ‘wait and see’ approach but I suspect my mindset will be similar. I’d have to be convinced by a very strong rationale as to why it’s acceptable in any shape or form. 

Not much in my life has ever been more important than Liverpool FC, but what to do if the worst comes to the worst just might be. 

I’m addicted to our team though, so who knows if I could actually walk away if the day comes. My confirmation bias might be tested. 

• Upvote 1

I'm 51 and am out if it's a state owned take-over as per City or Newcastle.

I have loved every minute of Klopps reign as we won, playing amazing football, up against huge cheats, and we did everything the right way. I always said after 1990, I wanted to win the league again and after that I'd be happy.

I sympathize with the younger generation of LFC fans and will be happy for them if we win doing it the City way but it's not for me. I also think Klopp will leave if it goes like this.

• Upvote 5