You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Working Rotating Shifts

Respect to anyone who does this.

I worked 9-5 for years and now I rotate between that, a 9.30-5.30 and a 10-6. When they told us I was like "no biggy, its only an hour. "This was my first week on the later shift and that one hour is Fucking me up. Despite an extra bit of kip I've been shattered all week!

My old man did days and nights on shift. Can't imagine how that fucked with him when just 60 minutes has made me a mess

Fucked that up didn't you son?

The law of double negative applies here, your InTeRNEtZ peers have lambasted you as a massive spacker and as such you applying reputation means that it's akin to taking away.

@Fail

I thought it was funny so repped him you unfunny obsessed boring hoodlum.

I used to do shifts of 8 hours on/8 hours off on a continual basis.

Day 1

Work Midnight -8am

Off 8am- 4pm

Work 4pm-Midnight

Day 2

Off Midnight-8am

Work 8am-4pm

Off 4pm-Midnight

Day 3

Work Midnight-8am

Off 8am-4pm

Work 4pm-Midnight

Rinse and repeat for fourteen days

Used to well and truely fuck up the body clock

I used to do shifts of 8 hours on/8 hours off on a continual basis.

Day 1

Work Midnight -8am

Off 8am- 4pm

Work 4pm-Midnight

Day 2

Off Midnight-8am

Work 8am-4pm

Off 4pm-Midnight

Day 3

Work Midnight-8am

Off 8am-4pm

Work 4pm-Midnight

Rinse and repeat for fourteen days

Used to well and truely fuck up the body clock

How long did you stick that?

I'm not surprised it messed with your body clock.....did you even know what day it was?

Working nights actually shortens your life-expectancy. It completely fucks up your body. I don't mind a few nights here and there though, good money and buys you free time elsewhere in your week.

This is one of the reasons I love 'em. More money, more time off and I get to exit early from this shit tip planet. Who wants to be sitting in your own piss, shit and slobber in an old people's home? Fuck that. I'm a spend my shift allowance on beer, drugs and whores while I'm young enough to enjoy them.

Me and Remmie love shifts.

Me and Remmie love shifts.

Me too. While there are disadvantages to working shifts, like missing social events and trying to follow sporting events via text and sneaky peeks on t'internet, the advantages of being around during the day far outweigh these occasional inconveniences. The thought of ever having to going back to working during the day makes feel ill

I'll try and remember how bad my body clock feels when I am on my next lengthy international holiday that my work allows for, hmm now when will that be, June.

Shifts rule. They must do me, the Bitch and now Champ do them.

How long did you stick that?

I'm not surprised it messed with your body clock.....did you even know what day it was?

It was on a ferry and after doing the shifts for 14 days we would get 14 days off.

No idea what day or am/pm it was. Apart from the guy I was handing over to/taking over from the only time I saw anyone else was lunch every second day.

I worked there for approx 8 months before they realised they needed to employ someone else, then went onto the normal 4 hours on/8 hours off shift pattern.

The fucking lot of you should be negged to fuck , The thread is rotating shifts , not fucking shift work . Shift work is a fucking doddle . Rotating shifts are a cunt of a way to spend your working life . My grandfather did rotating shifts 7 days a week for 14 yrs , never complained , but that wasn't much consolation to his widow or his family when he died an early death. Good luck on your fucking shift paid travels , but don't ever equate it to yrs of rotating shifts , fucking gobshites

I do six days on followed by four days off. Two days, two evenings, two nights, then exactly four periods of twenty four hours off. These are either nine or ten hours shifts depending on what days of the week they fall on.

I've never been too bad with nights but hate working 5pm-3am shifts which invariably become another night shift if you end up with a big job just prior to 3am.

I've done this for eight years now and expect to carry on for a similar amount. The thought of working a 9-5 shift fills me with dread now to be honest. I've always liked being able to go and get my car MOT'd, hair cut or anything else everyone is trying to cram into a weekend on a weekday. Marvellous for Golf too.

The fucking lot of you should be negged to fuck , The thread is rotating shifts , not fucking shift work . Shift work is a fucking doddle . Rotating shifts are a cunt of a way to spend your working life . My grandfather did rotating shifts 7 days a week for 14 yrs , never complained , but that wasn't much consolation to his widow or his family when he died an early death. Good luck on your fucking shift paid travels , but don't ever equate it to yrs of rotating shifts , fucking gobshites

Define 'rotating' shifts and then I'll come back to you