You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Carra's barely played this season how can he be part of the problem. Bit shithouse starting a thread about him the minute the whistle sounded if you ask me. There is bigger issues in our side than our defence.

Stoke league game, today, Utd at home in the league (though he wasn't the only culprit there), valuable points gone because he cant defend anymore, massive fuck up at home to Bolton though luckily it didnt matter. He's useless unless Agger is carrying him.

Not sure why it's seen as such a crime on here to suggest he's way past it, use your eyes. He's not the problem but one of many.

Guest TK-421

I thought he would come in and do a reasonable job today but he was culpable. To be fair van persie is on fire and has done that to most teams this season.

Id be interested to see coates given a go in the next game.

Anyone still believing Jamie Carragher has the ability to play at the level we desire to be at (Top 4) Has more loyalty to Carraghers history for the club, what he's achieved rather than his current footballing ability.

He's not the only culprit today but for me, hes finished as a footballer. Reina should never be beat at his near post but he is... Frequently

Anyone still believing Jamie Carragher has the ability to play at the level we desire to be at (Top 4) Has more loyalty to Carraghers history for the club, what he's achieved rather than his current footballing ability.

He's not the only culprit today but for me, hes finished as a footballer. Reina should never be beat at his near post but he is... Frequently

Agreed, Reina has dropped a level or two aswell. John Actherberg has hardly finished playing in League One, can he really teach Reina a lot?

One of the biggest myths in football that. Of course keepers are gonna get beaten at the near post from time to time. Fowlers goal at old trafford always springs to mind. I'm guessing you think that was schmeichels fault, rather than a moment of genius from fowler. As for carra, terrible defending for both goals today, cost us dearly.

Agreed, Reina has dropped a level or two aswell. John Actherberg has hardly finished playing in League One, can he really teach Reina a lot?

I'm not sure about that TBH. Every year he won the golden gloves he faced less shots than any other goalie by a considerable margin. That's not the case anymore. Agger and Skrtel have had to play out of their skins to provide decent protection behind what is basically a porous midfield. Look at the 2nd goal absolutely no pressure on Song for the through ball. He had all the time in the world to pick the perfect pass. That wouldn't have happened before. Someone would have been in his face and he would have either played a rushed chip or a safe sideways pass. But no pressure means gilt-edged chances and it's hard to look good against those.

Guest ShoePiss

Everyone knows Carra isn't the player he was, he's 34 and at the very end of his career, he isn't as good as Skrtel or Agger.

What I don't understand is the rush to stick the boot in. He had to play today in my opinion as Coates playing and getting done by Van Persie would be much more damaging to the team than Carra getting the same treatment.

Now that 4th is gone it's ideal for Coates.

React faster and close the gap on the near post.

There wasn't really a bigger than normal gap on the near post. Keepers can't just stand on the near post leaving the rest of the goal wide open. The fact that van persie had a chance on the volley from such close range was down to woeful closing down in midfield, (mainly from adam who was shite all day), and mainly due to woeful marking from carra.