You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Revelling in his downfall

PS. Reina fucked up for the 2nd.

Carragher has not been good enough, and the internet - or 'associate' - fan is loving it. They have a different relationship with the club, though; they exist in some sort of parallel netherworld and are defined by the internet forum they choose to be visiting at the time. Their understanding of the soul of the club is similarly abstract. Not worth exercising yourself over, Ant.

I wouldn't mind seeing Coates in for the rest of the season - there won't be a better time to blood him. We need at least three strong centre backs, and we need them to be comfortable with each other, or as a three. Let's see if Coates is good enough.

In terms of Carragher being a poor player;

a year = one

a couple of years = two

a few years = three or even more

2012 - 2009 = 3, last time I checked.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that people started saying he was past it after Rafa or one of his minions 'outed' him as an enemy post-Middlesbrough.

The genuine glee expressed in such posts is saddening but hardly unexpected.

Revenge must be so sweet.

Stick Coates in if you wish. Any mistakes and it'll be Carragher's fault for not "stepping aside" sooner.

We should have pissed that game yesterday, Carragher wasn't the reason we didn't.

But knock yourselves out.

Carragher was at fault, but surely no more culpable than Kuyt, and Reina put in another poor display. As you say, anyone would think there was an agenda.

Guest alantkayll

Its up to the manager to leave Carra out. Carra is not going to walk in and say 'those lads on tlw want me out any chance you can sort it Kenny'.

This is the same Carra who this season was superb against Brighton,Stoke and Chelsea in the Carling Cup on the way to earning us a first trophy in 6 years.

And he was outstanding at Chelsea. I think Agger and Skrtel are first choice, as does Carra. Like I say its up to the manager to put Coates in before him.

There's a large pony tailed elephant in that there room!

He's still able to improve to around the ability of say a Chris Sutton who won a championship with Kenny in charge.

The fee has become a millstone but the real problem to this whole episode is a spanish ladyboy who forced us into overpaying massively for Carroll.

I wouldnt write him off just yet but we did pay way over the top for him but its not as if Utd Chelsea or City havent.

John,

It doesn't serve anyone to point the finger at Reina either.

Everyone normal coming out of that ground yesterday was talking about one thing and one thing only, and that is our disgraceful finishing.

8 penalties, fucking EIGHT!

You can't keep a side like Arsenal and a player in Van Persie's form shackled for the entire 90 minutes. It's impossible.

Even last week, Kenny Miller got away and should have scored the winner late one It ought to have been academic, a mere consolation.

The fee has become a millstone but the real problem to this whole episode is a spanish ladyboy who forced us into overpaying massively for Carroll.

We didnt need to buy an injured player in January whether Ladyboy left or not. In hindsight one of the most stupid decisions made at the club in recent history.

John,

It doesn't serve anyone to point the finger at Reina either.

Everyone normal coming out of that ground yesterday was talking about one thing and one thing only, and that is our disgraceful finishing.

8 penalties, fucking EIGHT!

You can't keep a side like Arsenal and a player in Van Persie's form shackled for the entire 90 minutes. It's impossible.

Even last week, Kenny Miller got away and should have scored the winner late one It ought to have been academic, a mere consolation.

I agree with you Steve about Reina but I was just making a point about the churlishness, nitpicking of it all. My point was geared towards Reina being a blue-eyed boy in some regards with a certan aspect of our support to the great evil that is Jamie Carragher.

If people are singling out Carra for individual mistakes that cost us goals yesterday but not Reina then we both know the reason/s why mate.

Reina is still a top class keeper who doesn't make many mistakes, although this season he's made more than usual.

Carra is past it imo, and is making mistakes mst games he plays these days. It's sad to see but he's costing us goals and points when he plays.

Guest the boy
My point was geared towards Reina being a blue-eyed boy in some regards with a certan aspect of our support to the great evil that is Jamie Carragher.

If people are singling out Carra for individual mistakes that cost us goals yesterday but not Reina then we both know the reason/s why mate.

Reina is a huge financial asset to the club; Carragher is now a drain upon its resources. It is as simple as that.

Reina should've done better. I said that. He wouldn't have had a save to make if Carra had defended properly.

Thats rubbish, Carragher was 100% at fault for 1st goal, absolute diabolical defending that you wouldn't see on a park, but Reina had the ball passed by him on his near post to cost us the game yet again this season, he's in the comfort zone as we've no back up to challenge him, he needs a kick up the arse and that means been left outta all cup games next season to a young hungry keeper that wants to be number 1 and see can he see the challenge off,like Hart was at City, or to a lesser extent Carson here 6-7 years ago. He's the one player at the club currently undroppable and he knows it.

I agree with you Steve about Reina but I was just making a point about the churlishness, nitpicking of it all. My point was geared towards Reina being a blue-eyed boy in some regards with a certan aspect of our support to the great evil that is Jamie Carragher.

I think Reina has been poor for quite some time now, I have no confidence in him at the moment to the extent that if anyone gets a shot on target I expect a goal. I just don't think he could have done much about the 2nd.

I haven't said anything about Carra's defending yesterday.

Its up to the manager to leave Carra out. Carra is not going to walk in and say 'those lads on tlw want me out any chance you can sort it Kenny'.

This is the same Carra who this season was superb against Brighton,Stoke and Chelsea in the Carling Cup on the way to earning us a first trophy in 6 years.

And he was outstanding at Chelsea. I think Agger and Skrtel are first choice, as does Carra. Like I say its up to the manager to put Coates in before him.

You're spot on that it's up to the manager, but Carra was superb in those Carling Cup games? Really?

Brighton away he gave a daft penalty away and dropped the defence right back in the second half to invite pressure. Stoke away he was all over the place for their goal (which was Coates' error originally) was lucky not to get sent off for an awful challenge and didn't win a header. He went off at half time when we were getting beat and then Skrtel and Coates won everything after that.

He was solid at Chelsea in the cup, but I thought Coates was our best defender on the night and one of our best players.

Too many games he's started this season he's made daft mistakes and a fair few of them have cost us goals. We need better back up, whether it's Coates or someone else.

He's still able to improve to around the ability of say a Chris Sutton who won a championship with Kenny in charge.

I wouldnt write him off just yet but we did pay way over the top for him but its not as if Utd Chelsea or City havent.

So it's all Torres fault our manager decided to pay £35 million for an injured average striker.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif