You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rory Donnelly

Carradona

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, any news? Noone has a third cousin married to a grand step daughter of a conveniently situated janitor at Anfield that loves to break news anymore?

I was talking to my nans sister who is married to a twin whose brothers nephew knows the man who has a third cousin married to a grand step daughter of a conveniently situated janitor at Anfield, but he couldn't get in touch with him. Yet.

This guy looks like a real long-shot. He's ok in the Irish league... SO? I'd be decent in that league. Fact. Sure, 100k isn't much, but I hope we don't start throwing money around for fun now. Kinda sounds like it though.

(Wouldn't it be great if he proved me wrong.....)

Throwing money around for fun?

We are hardly doing that, we have scouted a player and made a offer that is in line with other clubs and will be some kind of record for the lowest fee we've paid for a player in 20 years.

He's not just ok in the Irish League otherwise we along with 2 other premiership clubs wouldn't be interested.

This guy looks like a real long-shot. He's ok in the Irish league... SO? I'd be decent in that league. Fact. Sure, 100k isn't much, but I hope we don't start throwing money around for fun now. Kinda sounds like it though.

Kenny obviously likes him as he has spoken to the club and so on. Besides this is £100k. The mancs paid £7.25m on a lad that had scored twelfty goals in the HOMELESS WORLD CUP. Now, thats throwing money around.

This deal makes sense because we would unquestionably be able to sell him at a profit if he doesn't make it. And didn't the blueshite sign Seamus Coleman from the Irish league? He's no world beater like but he's a decent Premiership player.

Nope. He was from the League of Ireland!

Apart from Elisha Scott, have we ever had a player from Northern Ireland before?

Jim Magilton played a game in a cup once, didn't he?

Anyways, Donnelly is a good prospect, but that's all. I wouldn't even say he's the best player in the Cliftonville attack presently, but he is getting the goals for a team who have scored plenty this season (although they've hit the buffers recently against Coleraine).

Donnelly is the fourth top scorer in the league this year... behind three much older strikers it's true (behind a Kilmarnock reject, a Millwall reject & an Oldham reject).

The Irish League, as a rule, is pretty shit, but there are pockets of quality within it. Gary Hamilton (Blackburn reject) is actually one of the best players I've ever seen... he didn't make it because he enjoys being an arsehole & Buckfast Tonic Wine... Blackburn sent him packing because he couldn't settle across the water.

My view is that Liverpool should not touch.

Jim Magilton played a game in a cup once, didn't he?

Anyways, Donnelly is a good prospect, but that's all. I wouldn't even say he's the best player in the Cliftonville attack presently, but he is getting the goals for a team who have scored plenty this season (although they've hit the buffers recently against Coleraine).

Donnelly is the fourth top scorer in the league this year... behind three much older strikers it's true (behind a Kilmarnock reject, a Millwall reject & an Oldham reject).

The Irish League, as a rule, is pretty shit, but there are pockets of quality within it. Gary Hamilton (Blackburn reject) is actually one of the best players I've ever seen... he didn't make it because he enjoys being an arsehole & Buckfast Tonic Wine... Blackburn sent him packing because he couldn't settle across the water.

My view is that Liverpool should not touch.

that why he's away to Glenavon? for the Lurgan Champagne?

What makes you think that, Mick?

I reckon he is exactly like me. A catholic brought up in Northern Ireland, who considers himself to be Irish, yet still takes pride in playing and supporting the country in which he was born in: Northern Ireland.

Anyways, he won't be coming to us, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just guessing Cain, loads of RC's from the North switch dont they.

are you not the minority Cain? Saw some piece on it on SSN and loads of Catholics said they'd switch given the chance.

Everton front runners now BBC text saying

Not to move the thread completely off-topic but my missus is from Belfast, is Catholic and feels exactly the same as Cain describes. Her family have never wanted to live in the south.