You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I honestly think Sterling was going to start on Saturday, and that it would be almost a similar line up to the the Peru game, only Raheem was in for whoever (likely Welbeck) and that a good showing, along with a good 20/25 minutes against Ecuador, would have got him the start against Italy next week.

So I believe him when he's says it, but to actually come out and say it, with things like 'he's blew it' is a bit uncalled for.

I'd say only an injury to Welbeck now would get him his place for the opener 

I actually feel sorry for those that care a lot about the England team (the non racist/xenophobic ones, obviously).

Its a very good group of young players. A front six of -

Gerrard Henderson

Barkley

Lallana/Chamberlain Sturridge Sterling

- playing like something between how Southampton and we play would have a good chance of doing well in the tournament, quarter finals maybe? The potential round of 16 game looks winnable. They'd also be entertaining. However, any chance will be ruined by that horrible, negative, fucking shit cunt of a man.

I don't think they'll get out of the group. Uruguay and Italy will beat them, and I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't beat Costa Rica.

It won't be his fault when that happens though.  He'll come out of it intact, the cunt.

WOW! 

BqMzpWfCMAAs5Dh.jpg

Suarez not world-class yet, says Hodgson

Roy Hodgson thinks Luis Suarez has a lot to prove before he can be considered a truly world class player.

Uruguay and Liverpool striker Suarez is expected to recover from a knee injury in time to face England in Thursday's crunch match in Sao Paulo.

He has been castigated in the past, but this year Suarez has enjoyed a season free of controversy and full of goals.

Suarez's goals and all-round play brought Liverpool within a whisker of ending their 24-year wait for the league title.

There was many a stunning effort in that haul, but for Hodgson, a player has only proven himself when he lights up a World Cup.

When asked whether Suarez belonged in the same "world-class" bracket as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the England manager said: "I think he will only be at that level when he shows it on this particular stage.

"He has got the potential. He is a wonderful footballer.

"But if you are really going to put him up there with (Diego) Maradona, Pele, (Franz) Beckenbauer and (Johan) Cruyff, and (Andrea) Pirlo, this is the stage you have got to do it on really.

"You can be a great player in your league but for the world to recognise you are one of the all-time greats you have got to do it at the World Cup."

Hodgson may live to regret those comments. Suarez loves nothing more than proving his critics wrong, and after Saturday's shock defeat to Costa Rica - in which he was an unused substitute - his country needs him more than ever.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-suarez-not-world-class-yet-7271527

• Upvote 1

I suppose its his feeble attempt to play down his abilities before he plays Uruguay but he has probably failed to factor in the fact half his team plays with Suarez every week and the other half have seen him run rings around them. Fucking cretin

to be fair that headlines been sensationalised, he said he isn't at the level of Messi and Ronaldo yet etc rather than not world class which I think is fair enough, he was last year but they've been doing it for years now, the bit he is wrong about is that he isn't the level of Pirlo, now Pirlo is cool as fuck and an awesome player but Suarez has definitely done enough to be considered that good

in the interests of laughing at Roy however he did say last night was Englands best performance under him, yes Roy that is nothing to brag about you useless cunt

To be fair to Roy, he's handled the hype on the young players really well. I didn't see him playing Sterling from the start yesterday, let alone through the middle. And admittedly it's down to us, but that was the most refreshing performance I've seen from an England team in years. Didn't know Roy had it in him. The only thing he's bottling at the moment is Rooney. Shouldn't be in the team. The only person who doesn't seem to realise this is Rooney.

He's bottling Rooney but also I get the feeling that his substitutions are more aimed at making the British media happy than winning the game. He throws on the names that will get the press excited, Barkley, Wilshire, Lallana, without addressing any of the actual issues on the pitch. He's also tactically too rigid to alter or even tweak the formation during the game.

To be honest, he's shit. And starting Sterling does make him a good manager

• Upvote 3

I'm just not sure what he can achieve by saying something that can even be translated to sounding controversial about the upcoming opposition's best player only days before a crucial match. All it can do is give Suarez further motivation (if he could possibly need any more!)

to be fair that headlines been sensationalised, he said he isn't at the level of Messi and Ronaldo yet etc rather than not world class which I think is fair enough, he was last year but they've been doing it for years now, the bit he is wrong about is that he isn't the level of Pirlo, now Pirlo is cool as fuck and an awesome player but Suarez has definitely done enough to be considered that good

in the interests of laughing at Roy however he did say last night was Englands best performance under him, yes Roy that is nothing to brag about you useless cunt

Yeah, the headline is fucking ludicrous. He said Suarez is a wonderful player, but he isn't an all-time great, yet. Even as someone who thinks he's the best player in the world, I don't see how you can reasonably argue against that.

You've also got to wonder about the line of questioning which would prompt such a reply.

To be fair to Roy, he's handled the hype on the young players really well. I didn't see him playing Sterling from the start yesterday, let alone through the middle. And admittedly it's down to us, but that was the most refreshing performance I've seen from an England team in years. Didn't know Roy had it in him. The only thing he's bottling at the moment is Rooney. Shouldn't be in the team. The only person who doesn't seem to realise this is Rooney.

I think I mist be in a minority of one who thinks it just goes without saying Rooney should play. he just shouldn't be playing on the left wing. England have the players to set up like we did in the run in, I don't know why nobody wants to do that. for me, Rooney playing Suarez's role and bringing in someone to replace wellbeck in the coutinho/Allen position (any of lallana, wilshire or milner can be argued for), I think this team would be dangerous, have more players in the box at important moments, yet have more defensive balance.

I think I mist be in a minority of one who thinks it just goes without saying Rooney should play. he just shouldn't be playing on the left wing. England have the players to set up like we did in the run in, I don't know why nobody wants to do that. for me, Rooney playing Suarez's role and bringing in someone to replace wellbeck in the coutinho/Allen position (any of lallana, wilshire or milner can be argued for), I think this team would be dangerous, have more players in the box at important moments, yet have more defensive balance.

The best England attack in a 4231 is sturridge,sterling, chamberlain and Rooney.

People could argue lallana should get in there but with the names I mentioned its a more attacking line up, I think on the left or right is the best position for Rooney as he is too unreliable in possession to play in the centre, it was one of his only games hes played out wide for England and he will get better there with more.

Well he has posed the question, lets see what Luis answers with.

Was waiting for Roy buckle under the spotlight pressure and instead of taking his face for a shit explodes with his twisted tongue turd bile, emitting fibre deficient pellet sludge out his mouth with all the intensity of an owls moonlight shimmering sphincter the morning after a mouse vindaloo.

Like a sudden toilet dart he just cant hold it in any longer, the turd shards covering the press in attendance who all go home happy to be covered in the shit, cos shit sells but it also gets you knocked out the world cup when your whole team contracts a strain of fecal oral routed rotavirus and begin to rotate when Luis has the ball.

• Upvote 2

Well he has posed the question, lets see what Luis answers with.

Was waiting for Roy buckle under the spotlight pressure and instead of taking his face for a shit explodes with his twisted tongue turd bile, emitting fibre deficient pellet sludge out his mouth with all the intensity of an owls moonlight shimmering sphincter the morning after a mouse vindaloo.

Like a sudden toilet dart he just cant hold it in any longer, the turd shards covering the press in attendance who all go home happy to be covered in the shit, cos shit sells but it also gets you knocked out the world cup when your whole team contracts a strain of fecal oral routed rotavirus and begin to rotate when Luis has the ball.

Fuck me you need help.

• Upvote 3

If you're going to have a pop at Suarez then there's probably no better time,. He can't possibly be fit returning from an op and has hardly kicked a ball for weeks . Genius he is when at his best but I'll be amazed if he is a major factor in Thursday's game. I can see Uruguay going 3 and out here . Shame for Luis 

Remember when Dayid Moyes wound up Suarez by calling him a diver?

Woy has done the most stupidest thing possible by challenging Suarez!

Yeah i agree you don't give Suarez an incentive to prove you wrong, it's the worst thing you can do and he rises to the challenge virtually every time.

• Upvote 1