You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Woy the old master at his best this week, did his research on when other class managers like moyes got under Suarez's skin and went for the jugular destroying the Uruguayan strikers confidence in his press conference before the match. Psychologically destroyed him before a ball had been kicked.

Oh well, nevermind.

I'm just glad that the rest of the UK is getting a good slice of his whopperist ways now.

He's Teflon, he won't get the blame. I'm not sure if it's a skill he has or just total denial by everyone else.

Reading through twitter and comments the general British public are laying the blame with Liverpool - Liverpool based players and Scousers. But then the British public is mostly a bunch of *****.

His choice to take Welbeck to Brazil and actually play Sturridge out of position in order to accommodate Welbeck in the middle up front, has to be the most hilarious team selection in the World cup.

Welbeck is the WORST player I have seen in the World Cup so fat.

http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/world-cup-news-2014/luis-suarez-serves-up-humble-pie-to-roy-hodgsons-england-20140620-zsfnq.html

Mostly, though, the main talking point had been Hodgson's remarks about Suarez.

They are worth repeating: "You can be a great player in your league but to be recognised as one of the all-time greats you have got to do it at the World Cup.”

When Suarez finally calmed down, and had his apparent injury treated, he gave the England manager a short jab. Luckily, it wasn't a bite.

"I dreamt this," he said. "I'm enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go."

He would have been better not sticking the knife in and being magnamimous. Still in Spain no one reads the English tabloids  . There was a sense of fuck you I'm off now imo

"UK bookies will follow the money and money in England won't be on Uruguay.

But, if you think there is money to be made backing Uruguay, do it.

You'll lose, mind. They won't best England."

Ok then.

That was a conversation with another poster, dipshit.

I know gamblers are always keen to tell you of their wins but it struck me as a bit random.

Major Tom is part of the UKIP zeno brigade, hes a bit tetchy this morning as he had put his house and wife up last night on a bet that England would win 5-0 with Rooney scoring all 5 and will now as a direct consequence also lose his children or custody of them anyway.

Hes a bit confused as to how we failed to smash them foreign shitsliders back into the sea.

Major Tom is part of the UKIP zeno brigade, hes a bit tetchy this morning as he had put his house and wife up last night on a bet that England would win 5-0 with Rooney scoring all 5 and will now as a direct consequence also lose his children or custody of them anyway.

Hes a bit confused as to how we failed to smash them foreign shitsliders back into the sea.

Keep on trucking, dennis, you fool.