You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Really happy about this. A player that can fit into the way KK wants to play easily. Good passer and someeone we have missed since xabi left. keep things ticking in the midfield and play killer passes. Hopefully get a couple of wingers for him to pick out as well as carroll from set pieces.

So that values Adam at over £10m?

Doesn't sound that flash to me.

We've got Konchesky off the wage bill. It's vital that we get rid of dead wood. We've paid 8 million while getting rid of someone who was puncturing a hole in our wage bill.

We've got Konchesky off the wage bill. It's vital that we get rid of dead wood. We've paid 8 million while getting rid of someone who was puncturing a hole in our wage bill.

Sure getting rid of Konchesky is great but it's the paying of nigh on £10m for another central midfielder - and one who has 2 players better than him at the club already - that has me completely stumped.

All will be revealed of course but the transfer policy makes little sense to me as of today!

He hasn't signed yet, so before he does, i will voice my concern. I think he is overweight and slow, with his passing being massively overated. He takes a good set piece, but i fully expect him to flop and not be on the pitch to take them.

However, that said, i hope he turns out to be a great player and become an integral part in our pass and move philosophy.

Sure getting rid of Konchesky is great but it's the paying of nigh on £10m for another central midfielder - and one who has 2 players better than him at the club already - that has me completely stumped.

All will be revealed of course but the transfer policy makes little sense to me as of today!

I am not that happy, I don't rate him, and don't see him as being worth more than 5 or 6 million tops!

But, I would have said Konchesky, Cole, Paulson, Maxi, Jovonovic and N'Gog can all go for free if it gets them off the wage bill.

So, 8 million plus Konchesky may be 12 million on paper but it is worth it, same goes for Downing 15 million plus N'Gog may be 20 on paper, but worth it! In my opinion that is.

i think he's a decent signing that will offer something to the team. I don't think he's a GREAT player but he could turn out to be pretty good. Good at set pieces, has a good range of passing(even though its inconsistent) and has a good shot on him. If he can improve his work rate and tracks back when he loses the ball he will turn out to be well worth the money.