You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

yea sorry, i just think stevie is a liability in the middle, i really understand why rafa didnt play him there. he wants to go forward too much. when he does he leave big gaps in the middle.

if the ball doesnt stick up top, we have huge gaps in behind. id love to see him on the right again, he can pretty much do what he wants there, or maybe even behind saurez would be good. but does he have the discipline to play centre mid?

goals are a big part of his game and he seems to score less when playing in the middle.

ive heard henderson plays more on the right, and looked average in the middle for england (although i know that cus of the tactics) so i think kenny will use him in both positions.

i really dont think they wanted aquilani back but if he's here i see him as cover for gerrard behind a striker or used as a sub when we need more creativity.

its all about options, and in home games henderson and adam give us alot more than lucas, spearing or raul.

you're forgetting one thing. Gerrard will make a lot more forward runs from midfield with Kenny - because we'll have the ball more often and do more with it. Gone are the days of JC pumping hit and hope balls from the edge of the penalty area, or Dirk constantly giving the ball away. e'll have players in the midfield who will show for the ball, we'll have movement at the front instead of a sulky Torres and a drowning N'gog, and we'll allow teams to worry about us more than we worry about them - reversing a dreadful aspect of Rafa's reign.

This thread just keeps giving.

add something to it then, or please do fuck off.

any insight at all into the player whether or not you like him, or think he is good enough?

no?

please fuck off then.

Edited by raw red

I completely agree that Football transfers can only be viewed successful in retrospect but similarly deciding on perceived valuation when you do not have sufficient facts at your disposal is nonsense in the extreme, particularly when suggesting that you would not sign a player because they are not worth more than X and certainly not worth X+3.

Kenny has wanted Adam. Kenny has got Adam. This makes me happy, however Personal insults do not make me happy.

I do apologise for getting personal, I was annoyed at your post as I have never argued I am an expert in anything. But I shouldn't have got personal, sorry for that.

I have said that I don't rate Adam in January, and since, so it would hardly be fair to expect me to go back on that because he has signed! I am not going to say 'he has my support' as that is a given. But everyone has a judgement upon what a player is worth, just because you don't agree and think it is a positive move doesn't mean that we all should share yours, and others opinions.

My opinion on Adam has been formed by watching him perform for Blackpool and that context, as that is all any of us have to go on, that didn't suggest to me that he was the answer to any of our problems. But so what, I didn't particularly want us to sign Reina, and would have probably gone for Anelka ahead of Torres!

you're forgetting one thing. Gerrard will make a lot more forward runs from midfield with Kenny - because we'll have the ball more often and do more with it. Gone are the days of JC pumping hit and hope balls from the edge of the penalty area, or Dirk constantly giving the ball away. e'll have players in the midfield who will show for the ball, we'll have movement at the front instead of a sulky Torres and a drowning N'gog, and we'll allow teams to worry about us more than we worry about them - a dreadful aspect of Rafa's reign.

thats very true mate

i think kenny will play gerrard behind saurez for home games/crucial games with caroll used more for away games/cup games/sub appearances when we are struggling (where we have struggled to keep possesion for more than 15 secounds for two years now)

gerrard will be great with adam in our more attacking line ups, adam has a great football brain and i think they will work really well together.

saurez adam gerrard.....+winger = very creative = goals goals goals!

our options and ability to change system is now becoming apparent, im delighted that we wont be one dimensional.

those fuckers like stoke, wigan, blues (although down), sunderland etc etc can rip up those blue prints on how to play liverpool.....

nobody will be able to work out how we are going to play and with who.

brilliant.

thats very true mate

i think kenny will play gerrard behind saurez for home games/crucial games with caroll used more for away games/cup games/sub appearances when we are struggling (where we have struggled to keep possesion for more than 15 secounds for two years now)

gerrard will be great with adam in our more attacking line ups, adam has a great football brain and i think they will work really well together.

saurez adam gerrard.....+winger = very creative = goals goals goals!

our options and ability to change system is now becoming apparent, im delighted that we wont be one dimensional.

those fuckers like stoke, wigan, blues (although down), sunderland etc etc can rip up those blue prints on how to play liverpool.....

nobody will be able to work out how we are going to play and with who.

brilliant.

Carroll will be playing almost every game he's available for I think. I'm pretty sure Gerrard won't be playing off the striker. I'd be less surprised to see him playing on the right.

Carroll will be playing almost every game he's available for I think. I'm pretty sure Gerrard won't be playing off the striker. I'd be less surprised to see him playing on the right.

i disagree regarding caroll.

i dont think cus we paid so much money that will mean kenny plays him alot.

i think if we arent as fluid and as attacking with caroll in the team kenny will bench him.

i know he was injured but there was a visible difference in the way we attacked with and without caroll in the team last season.

i like caroll and rated him before he came. he does have pace and power and running ability, so i think he will do well.

but if we dont look dangerous or potent with him, i think he will be benched with dirk or gerrard takign his place.

i think im the only one screaming for us to put gerrard back on the right, we would be so fucking dangerous then. i hope kenny does it!

Excellent news ! Very happy with this, he can pick a pass and score from set pieces, good at corners and best of all he's a jock.

And hopefully he'll leave Gerrard free to compete for the ball in the centre at corners. And the corners will actually reach the centre!

And hopefully he'll leave Gerrard free to compete for the ball in the centre at corners. And the corners will actually reach the centre!

So true. Finally we have some goal threat from corners. I bet Carroll is feeling pretty good right now.

I do apologise for getting personal, I was annoyed at your post as I have never argued I am an expert in anything. But I shouldn't have got personal, sorry for that.

I have said that I don't rate Adam in January, and since, so it would hardly be fair to expect me to go back on that because he has signed! I am not going to say 'he has my support' as that is a given. But everyone has a judgement upon what a player is worth, just because you don't agree and think it is a positive move doesn't mean that we all should share yours, and others opinions.

My opinion on Adam has been formed by watching him perform for Blackpool and that context, as that is all any of us have to go on, that didn't suggest to me that he was the answer to any of our problems. But so what, I didn't particularly want us to sign Reina, and would have probably gone for Anelka ahead of Torres!

It depends on the problems you are looking to resolve. IMO Kenny will look to play a 4-3-3 style formation next season, particularly in games against mid and lower table teams, who we always seem to struggle against. To have proper balance in a 3 man midfield you need a proper left footed player in there. Adam is good on the ball, has a good range of passing and has excellent set piece delivery. The latter will really make a difference to us as we have been shite from set pieces, especially corners for 20 fucking years. It also releases Gerrard for corners and to the edge of the D where he is much more dangerous.

you're forgetting one thing. Gerrard will make a lot more forward runs from midfield with Kenny - because we'll have the ball more often and do more with it. Gone are the days of JC pumping hit and hope balls from the edge of the penalty area, or Dirk constantly giving the ball away. e'll have players in the midfield who will show for the ball, we'll have movement at the front instead of a sulky Torres and a drowning N'gog, and we'll allow teams to worry about us more than we worry about them - reversing a dreadful aspect of Rafa's reign.

JC will always pump hit and hope balls until the day he dies. but i agree with the rest though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
118454008ap031_liverpool_fc_4e148260dcb75859934950.jpg

The King and Adam

He's quite a way off his ideal match weight. Adam is looking sharp though.

is that a set of car keys in kennys hand?

if its true and he actually drove down himself to pick up the player it says alot about our boss!

was watching footballs greatest last night and these are the kind of things kenny used to do when he was boss before.

what a guy

who the fuck needs a car to collect players when the actual manager does it himself, how humble is king kenny!