You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You're probably right, I can only go off what I've read on the Internet that there's people who have been picked up since June 14th that haven't been seen since. Its the Internet though.

I think rule of law and legal procedures are still relatively strong in the US, even when they were keeping Islamic terrorists in jail without trial, they were very inventive with the procedure, keeping them off American soil, inventing a legal category of enemy combatants, looking for loopholes with torture.  

The idea that federal agents would be snatching American citizens off the streets for violent rioting and than disappearing them does not sound plausible to me. I don't think they would be able to get away with it in the current climate.  

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Read a piece this morning about this , and the only person quoted who had been picked up themselves said they were taken to a holding cell and released within hours , so disappearing seems a bit unlikely.

For a while I thought Donald Trump was going into the magic business but the trick seems a bit obvious. 

It’s not about being disappeared, it’s about being able to identify the officer dealing with you, even if it’s just via something like a number, so that if you have a specific complaint against them you can make it. It’s also about following due process.

Let’s be clear, we’ve had similar issues here on protests. Not so much with identifying the organisation - usually the Met - but on lack of collar numbers on their tactical uniform.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

22:00 BBC 2 Trump in Tweets

Eamining how Trump used Twitter to change US politics, exploring why this technophobe became a serial tweeter and witnessing the impact his tweets have on the world.

I watched it last night and it was well worth a watch.

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

This is a guy who had to have his jaw wired shut after a bad car accident before he hit the big time. The surgeon must be wondering if he shouldn't have just left it in.

Wasn’t that 50 Cent? 

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I thought Trump didn't come out half as bad as I thought he would in that interview with Wallace.

I'm really worried how much damage Trump will do to Biden from here on in, especially when they come together for live debating.

They won’t be able to keep him medicated that long without his heart exploding.