You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 26/10/2023 at 18:47, Lee909 said:

while Ronald Koeman was supposedly paid £7,873,973.

Googled Koeman after I read this to see what he’s up to now, and stumbled across his scoring record. How the fuck was he scoring at a better ration than 1 in 2

at times as a defender?! Goes well under the radar all that.

I know he liked a freekick and took pens, but still - crazy numbers. He could defend a bit too couldn’t he? 

51 in 98 league games at PSV! I can’t get my head round it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Koeman

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Curly said:

Googled Koeman after I read this to see what he’s up to now, and stumbled across his scoring record. How the fuck was he scoring at a better ration than 1 in 2

at times as a defender?! Goes well under the radar all that.

I know he liked a freekick and took pens, but still - crazy numbers. He could defend a bit too couldn’t he? 

51 in 98 league games at PSV! I can’t get my head round it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Koeman

Very prolific. There is a section about that in the Wiki article-

Koeman is the top scoring defender in world football,[12] and Barcelona's top scoring defender, with 90 goals in all competitions.[75] An accurate free kick and penalty kick taker, Koeman was nicknamed the King of free kicks throughout his playing career, and is Barcelona's second-highest goalscorer from free kicks, after previous club captain Lionel Messi, with 26 goals from set pieces in all competitions;[76][78] he is also Barcelona's second-highest scorer from penalties in La Liga, behind Messi once again, with 46 goals from spot kicks, and the highest scoring defender in La Liga from penalties.[75][79] With 67 goals, he is the second most prolific defender in La Liga history, behind Sergio Ramos.[80] He currently holds the record for 25 consecutive successful penalty conversions in La Liga.[81]

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Wheres the Heritage Status Everton! 

Imagine if it was us that cost the city its heritage status, how they'd react.

Personally I think the heritage status thing is bullshit, so is corporations like peel holdings stagnating areas of the city. I'm glad they are doing something with the land.

I walked past a tour guide in town a few months ago and overheard him lying that Liverpool One had cost the city it's UNESCO status.  (Unfortunately, I was rushing back to work, so I couldn't stop to call him a cunt )

No way these are getting flushed this season - just too much absolute shite in the league.

Unless of course the PL actually show some balls and deduct pts for their cheating and even then i'm not sure they'll drop.

Likes of Sheff Utd, Luton, Burnley an Bournemouth are amongst the worst teams this division has seen in a long time.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

No way these are getting flushed this season - just too much absolute shite in the league.

Unless of course the PL actually show some balls and deduct pts for their cheating and even then i'm not sure they'll drop.

Likes of Sheff Utd, Luton, Burnley an Bournemouth are amongst the worst teams this division has seen in a long time.

Agreed if there's one season where they should take the 12 points then this is it. They'd be at more risk if they took a suspended 6 points and they were applied next season.

31 minutes ago, an tha said:

I still think Everton fully belong on that list.  I can see Burnley and/or Bournemouth getting a new manager bounce before the season is over; I don't see it with Everton.

Don't lose hope yet; we're barely a quarter of the way into the season.

I’ve long thought it was ludicrous that Rooney was being talked about as their future manager, but Birmingham have been alright this season.

An absolute joke of a club off the field, yet they were looking like play-off contenders until recently. Admittedly they have been dross for the last three games, and their fans have booed them off, but I’m sure they’ll pick up again soon. 

2 minutes ago, Ron B said:

I’ve long thought it was ludicrous that Rooney was being talked about as their future manager, but Birmingham have been alright this season.

An absolute joke of a club off the field, yet they were looking like play-off contenders until recently. Admittedly they have been dross for the last three games, and their fans have booed them off, but I’m sure they’ll pick up again soon. 

Hasnt Rooney been there for 3 games?

Absolutely ridiculous they did that while sat in 6th. Like when they fucked Rowett off in a similar position to bring Zola in for some reason and they stayed up on the last day.

Rooney telling them to be patient is thick as well. Cheeky cunt - they were winning before you went!

9 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Wheres the Heritage Status Everton! 

Imagine if it was us that cost the city its heritage status, how they'd react.

Personally I think the heritage status thing is bullshit, so is corporations like peel holdings stagnating areas of the city. I'm glad they are doing something with the land.

9 hours ago, kemskem said:

The faux outrage would be off the scale.

They'd be on the phone to the bizzies 

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

He's tailor-made for the Everton job.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I still think Everton fully belong on that list.  I can see Burnley and/or Bournemouth getting a new manager bounce before the season is over; I don't see it with Everton.

Don't lose hope yet; we're barely a quarter of the way into the season.

I hear you....but we are talking about some serious shite here even compared to the shite...

But yeah - fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Curly said:

Hasnt Rooney been there for 3 games?

Absolutely ridiculous they did that while sat in 6th. Like when they fucked Rowett off in a similar position to bring Zola in for some reason and they stayed up on the last day.

Rooney telling them to be patient is thick as well. Cheeky cunt - they were winning before you went!

Yup. They were flying high(-ish) before he arrived. Now? Not so much. 

Today, as Moyes and Dyche waited on the touchline with wreaths to remember Moore and Kenwright, West Ham’s stadium announcer/DJ was playing Battle Without Honour Or Humanity. A piece of music that featured prominently in the teaser trailer for, and House of Blue Leaves sequence in, er, Kill Bill.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Fuck you, West Ham. Fuck you all up the arse with a rusty shovel. To quote a chant beloved of Cockney Ingurlund fans "You let your country down".

I still think it will be a lot more arse-twitchy for Everton than a lot of people here seem to think, but a result like that is the kind of thing that's likely to save them.

Unless, of course, the Premier League do the right thing and hit them with the 12 points deduction they so clearly deserve; I can see Everton getting the 34/35 points it will take to finish above the dross this season, but they're not getting the mid-table points total they would need to survive that.