You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

29 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

6 points would be a slap to the face of every club who played by the rules. Just two losses for years of taking the piss. Like with city a point deduction won't do because they won't be arsed by one year of winning nothing. They should be stripped of everything they have won. That is the only way to keep sporting integrity otherwise its just the WWE.

I was agreeing with you until I read the 'sporting integrity' part. Any of that left the nest a long time ago for every PL club and professional football itself.

45 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

6 points would be a slap to the face of every club who played by the rules. Just two losses for years of taking the piss. Like with city a point deduction won't do because they won't be arsed by one year of winning nothing. They should be stripped of everything they have won. That is the only way to keep sporting integrity otherwise its just the WWE.

Everton certainly can't be stripped of everything they've won...

Should be automatic relegation, for both City and the Cheating Corinthians.

• Haha 1

Anything less than a Rangers-esque folding and relegation down multiple levels of the Pyramid would be a slap in the face.

Add an extra promotion spot from the Championship down the the National League for this year stick Everton in the NL at the end of the season and move an extra team up a level at each stage.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

Well if the PL doesn't get them for the full 12, going in to administration is automatically a 9 point deduction so there is still a chance they go down.

Couldn’t they get both? If they lose 12 points and 777 pull out then surely it’s a possibility. They reached 21 points on February 4 last season - call me a pessimist but I wouldn’t like to still be on zero points when it’s barely a week until Valentine’s Day. 

I don't understand why these decisions take so long? Is it really that complex in Everton's case? They've attempted to push through £430 million worth of losses over 4 years on their books. The bulk of that is excess spending beyond the £105 million over three years limit. Their only argument appears to be that they've declared the bulk of the loss during Covid (over 3 times of any other club) as an offset against a potential fire sale of the squad that Covid was preventing them from doing. They haven't offered any evidence of potential transfer dealings that were lost during Covid and haven't sold the squad off post Covid.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, clangers said:

I don't understand why these decisions take so long? Is it really that complex in Everton's case? They've attempted to push through £430 million worth of losses over 4 years on their books. The bulk of that is excess spending beyond the £105 million over three years limit. Their only argument appears to be that they've declared the bulk of the loss during Covid (over 3 times of any other club) as an offset against a potential fire sale of the squad that Covid was preventing them from doing. They haven't offered any evidence of potential transfer dealings that were lost during Covid and haven't sold the squad off post Covid.

I can see why the Man City one takes a while: they tried to hide their skullduggery.  Like you say, Everton's breaches of FFP are in their published accounts.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I can see why the Man City one takes a while: they tried to hide their skullduggery.  Like you say, Everton's breaches of FFP are in their published accounts.

I spoke to an Evertonian the other day about this he said:

"We are like that drug dealer who goes out and flashes his cash and buys a flash new car. City are like Curtis Warren hiding all their money everywhere so it's harder to trace. The police will always go after the one who it's easier to build a case against"

22 minutes ago, clangers said:

Hopefully they are investigating their blag Covid losses as they haven't provided any evidence that they could have sold any of their players like Pickford who is still there despite them being skint. Or getting Hamez on a free and paying him 250 grand a week. 

7 hours ago, Wezza said:

I was thinking it’s the sort of thing that could kickstart the season for those teams, and then I remembered how really bad they all are. 

As bad as they all are, 12 points is 4 wins,  which could be half of Everton's wins this season if the carry on at their current rate. Everton have some tougher games ahead too. 

If any club got screwed by not being able to sell for covid it was us. Think the plan would have been at least one of Mane or Firmino sold thar summer to fund a partial rebuild and we'd easily have got 100ml plus for Mane and probably 50ml for Firmino at that time. 

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

I'm starting to fear for them.

From GOT,

"It's worries stacked upon worries for us at the moment.

Survive a points deduction and then we have to survive the takeover happening or not happening and throwing our day to day cashflow into chaos.

Survive that and we have to cope with 777 as owners.

Survive that and we have to pick up enough points to steer clear of relegation.

Survive that and it's same again next season unless something fundamental changes.

Genuinely the toughest time - possibly ever - to be an Evertonian"

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If any club got screwed by not being able to sell for covid it was us. Think the plan would have been at least one of Mane or Firmino sold thar summer to fund a partial rebuild and we'd easily have got 100ml plus for Mane and probably 50ml for Firmino at that time. 

Stop it now.  You're making it all about us again!

Just now, Megadrive Man said:

From GOT,

Survive a points deduction and then we have to survive the takeover happening or not happening and throwing our day to day cashflow into chaos.

Survive that and it's same again next season unless something fundamental changes.

Ah well. At least they’ve got a nice shiny stadium to look at.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

From GOT,

Fucking hell, a realist blue.  Amazing.