You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fowler9

Guest ShoePiss
You have always been a top class whopper from Koptalk. This board went tits up when your lot started coming here with your unusual hatred of at least one thing or another. I think certain players are not good enough, I know they aren't but you don't see me calling them all sorts and giving them hate. It seriously is poor form and it is what the classless fans do at Stamford Bridge, not at Anfield.

Liverpool has always been about supporting the players on the pitch, as long as they give it their all, you would be good to learn that and start actually doing it.

Braga are 2-0 up now, looks like we are going to Portugal in the next round.

aha.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some players I just really, really hate.

Yeah well we've all got (at least) one of those, I just think Ngog is more victim than villain.

Over the years I've worked with several people that have been promoted one or two rungs further up the ladder than they should have been at that stage of their career. Some of them realised that, did their best to sort themselves out, grew into the job and in doing so managed to win some respect from me for their self-awareness and their willingness to do what they could to improve. Others were so arrogant that they didn't have any inkling that they were out of their depth and became despised figures of fun.

Ngog would fall into the first group as far as I'm concerned. I reserve my hatred for the ones in the second group - this is why I loathe Sam Allardyce so much.

Spearing looked really good when he came on. Surely a better option than that Danish fella.

He was also poor wasn't he. I don't know but I sometimes watch Poulsen and I don't think he is good at positioning himself. Sometimes he just runs into no where especially when the opposition is attacking, as if he isn't sure what to do. I think Lucas is definitely better as our core midfielder the one that does the covering and breaking down the opposition.

Don't get me wrong he has improved under Dalglish but still not good enough.

Guest San Don

Yep, well that shows the result in Prague wasnt too bad.

OK we lacked a cutting edge but as I said before, Suarez cup tied, Carroll out injured and an attack of NGog and Kuyt was always going to be hard pushed to put the ball in the net.

Anyway, into the next round!

I've always hated certain players. It gives me a reason to form opinions and express them with hilariously splenetic viewpoints.

Ah ha... Now I get it. Largely an observer on this forum most days, I've been struggling to get my head around this constant need to publicly exhibit your complete lack of dignity, respect or affinity with what this club is really all about. Now I understand: you actually think you're funny.

Cole disappointed. Means well, but the twilight of his career is not exactly burning brightly - the two sitters he missed, would have been nailed by Babel..and i don't think his wages were as high.

Get rid.

thought he was okay really, needs to get on the ball more

shame Ngog took that chance away from him

I think that somebody has decided that Ngog needs to strengthen & improve his hold-up play which to be fair he has, but he has fallen into doing all this 30/40 yards from goal & his goal threat has disappeared completely as a result.

With all respect to Kenny, I can't understand anybody having the choice of Kuyt or Ngog up front in a home leg that needs to be won & plumping for Ngog. Particularly when the right-side mids can be covered by Maxi/Pacheco.

I think that somebody has decided that Ngog needs to strengthen & improve his hold-up play which to be fair he has, but he has fallen into doing all this 30/40 yards from goal & his goal threat has disappeared completely as a result.

With all respect to Kenny, I can't understand anybody having the choice of Kuyt or Ngog up front in a home leg that needs to be won & plumping for Ngog. Particularly when the right-side mids can be covered by Maxi/Pacheco.

Now this view I find real merit in. If there was one thing that N'Gog did well tonight was drop deeper and hold the ball up, something he hasn't done before to any effect. I tried to watch his performance dispassionately and I think that when he did drop deep to receive the ball, for the most part it stuck well, it's just that in front of goal he looked woefully short of ability. Even against arrow fodder in the early rounds he needed 4 or 5 chances to score one, but to be fair to the lad, he hasn't played a real competitive match in weeks.

It's a Catch 22 situation for him, he needs games to progress, get some sharpness and improve his touch and finishing, but he is nowhere near good enough at the moment to merit those chances. I would have gone for Maxi on the right and Kuyt up top also.

I thought Cole was ok today. If he scored those two chances he would have had people up in arms about his return, just football goes I guess. He deserves another chance after today, unlike other players like Poulsen and N'gog. You could add Jovanovic and perhaps Maxi onto that list aswell, and that's just the start!

Ah ha... Now I get it. Largely an observer on this forum most days, I've been struggling to get my head around this constant need to publicly exhibit your complete lack of dignity, respect or affinity with what this club is really all about. Now I understand: you actually think you're funny.

He's a legend (in his own mind)

It seems totally pointless to criticise that performance because you know how radically different we will be once Gerrard, Carroll and Suarez are playing. The one player you would probably hope to fill the void at the moment is Joe Cole and he's played nowhere near enough football. I'm just glad we got through. Next time we play in this competition Carroll and Gerrard should be playing.

the general consensus seems to be that joe cole needs to get more ball time, and he'll be ok. if i didn't know joe cole, i'd be thinking he was some academy newbie, who needs to get familiar with top flight football. this is joe cole england / chelsea, and of late, our fair club. he knows how to play...he actually couldn't give a flying fuck whether he saw more ball or not, and here in lies the problem. it looks like we were the only mugs prepared to keep him in his comfort zone...just like we did with harry kewel.

It seems totally pointless to criticise that performance because you know how radically different we will be once Gerrard, Carroll and Suarez are playing. The one player you would probably hope to fill the void at the moment is Joe Cole and he's played nowhere near enough football. I'm just glad we got through. Next time we play in this competition Carroll and Gerrard should be playing.

The funny thing is... replace N'gog with Carroll and we'd have scored 4 or 5 in that game last night. Add in Gerrard? It's a joke to think about the difference...

Our five best players are Gerrard, Carroll, Suarez, Meireles, and Reina.

We were missing our three most offensive out of the the five.

with all due respect, he didnt buy those players and what makes you think pacheco and maxi would make much difference. I agree with kuyt up front. but between ngog and maxi interms of personal and not positioning doesnt do much.

Let kenny sort the team his way this summer. you have no right to question kenny as he has done wonders. something rafa failed to do with the same players at the end of his tenure.