You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No one brave enough to say "Torres has to go"

Neo

Guest Scaramanga

I may be wrong, but, what do you guys think?

I think we've got bigger problems than Torres' perceived lack of effort.

@MLB - If Torres can't buy a goal for us, what the fuck do you expect Forlan to do, or anyone else for that matter?

When talking about his attitude, you have to bear in mind that he probably feels as bad playing for us as I feel watching us (or not these days, as the case may be)

If you were £30m quids worth of mid-20s striker, you'd have to look at the likes of Ngog and Konchesky and wonder what went wrong with your life.

Also, compare his attitude to the likes of Rooney and Tevez, who are on far more money and who are at sides with a far better chance of winning things this season. Unlike them he's not being a deliberate agitator, he just presents as someone who's depressed and having a fucking good mope. He carries himself like someone whose dog as just been shot.

Reading the replies to this thread is like going on a merry-go-round with Ben Aflek and Matt Damon.....you all say basically the same thing but cant agree on one point.....

Is the Torres now as good as the Torres in his first season...come to think of it...will Torres ever be that 33 (i think) goal machine Torres from his first season??

We all agree he is world class but would you stand by him if he stays like this for the rest of the season? I cant and I am sure most of you cant either.

It comes down to wherever his hear is with us and no one knows the answer but him...

If he wants to stay then he needs to pick up the pace and score some of them one-on-ones...if not then sell him and wish him the best.

Right now though, you can sense the fans patience wearing out a little bit.

I think that the way things stand its no wonder he is down, shit manager, shit lg position, some team mates not good enough... Need i go on?

I think once we fix all the above named issues that, if THEN and only then does Torres still not try or seem arsed should we let him go.

It seems crazy to me to suggest getting rid of a guy who is down about the team when so are the rest of us...

And he might be starting to feel like he's carrying the team to an extent, a team that doesn't seem to have much of a chance of winning anything, or being in the competition he wants to play in. He's probably being reminded of Atletico a lot right now, and feels that it's almost time to move on, even though he loves the city, club and fans. Maybe that's why he seems so down and lost in so many of our games.

Agree his attitude is stinking out the place at the moment, but personally, I'd like to see Roy go first, give Torres till the end of the season under a new manager, if nothing changes and his heart isn't here anymore, then we thank him and move him to Spain..

I just hope he doesn't go to City with all this Tevez shite going on.. The worst thing that could happen is that we lose him to City for say £60m and then Roy is handed that money to spend..

This. With knobs on.

I think that the way things stand its no wonder he is down, shit manager, shit lg position, some team mates not good enough... Need i go on?

I think once we fix all the above named issues that, if THEN and only then does Torres still not try or seem arsed should we let him go.

It seems crazy to me to suggest getting rid of a guy who is down about the team when so are the rest of us...

Yeah, I tell you what, why don't we employ someone else who can sign autographs for him. Another person could be employed to wipe his arse and a third person could be taken on to go on the pitch and fight for the fucking shirt for him!

Yeah, I'm actually just reminded of something I saw while half asleep waking up on the telly this morning. It was on Sky Sports News (so take with as many pinches of salt etc.) but it was on the Tevez story and they ran a graphic showing Tevez had the best goals/game ratio so far this season. Guess who was second.

David N'Gog? His ratio of goals per minutes on pitch is far better than Fernando's this season, which is pretty damning.

He might be "as down as the rest of us" at the state of the club, but - unlike us - he can can actually do somehting about that!

As i said earlier, he needs benching and he needs to get his head right. I thought it was insult to the guys who played well on Monday that Torres was brought straight back for the newcastle game.

Fuckin stupid thread, you don't get rid of your best players when you have a idiotic manager in the hot seat imposing his shite brand of football on the club.

You get a manager in who knows how to utilize his best assets and who also adds to the team to bring out the best in the talent he has at his disposal.

David N'Gog? His ratio of goals per minutes on pitch is far better than Fernando's this season, which is pretty damning.

He might be "as down as the rest of us" at the state of the club, but - unlike us - he can can actually do somehting about that!

As i said earlier, he needs benching and he needs to get his head right. I thought it was insult to the guys who played well on Monday that Torres was brought straight back for the newcastle game.

I did give SSN as my source as a qualifier, so it may well be bollocks, but Torres is hardly in a goal drought despite his poor relative form.

And I wouldn't argue with the bit in bold at all, but selling him would, IMHO, be madness.

i think he has seen how much the team has gone backwards snd just seems to think what,s the point in saying that fuck pissbag roy of first and seee where we go. although i think regardless who is in charge doubtful he will be here next year.

We can all do that, or say "fuck it, we're going to hunt these CL places down, by hook or by crook."

Doesn't make a difference who the coach is, if you get chances like the one-on-one he had on Saturday at 1-1, and if you're a top class forward, you're expected to put them in, and you either can or can't.

If it went in, the gates could have opened, and everything would be well with the LFC world for a wee...well 4 nights at least.

It would be great if everyone played with Dirk's committment but the reality is that almost all world class players are prima donnas to some extent. They perform when managed by a credible authority figure who commands respect based on his accomplishments. Selling Torres because the clown in charge can't motivate him would be massively self-defeating.

IF and its a big if, he does want to go, then let him go.

Very few players have left here and gone on to be successes. Look at Michael Owen, biggest mistake he ever made was quitting us.

I agree that a lot of it is to do with Woys style of football though. We are embarrassing away from home, and have gone so far backwards its unreal!

Personally, I would sell Torres and replace Hodgeson in the summer, and look to start again, with a hungry up and coming striker up front.

He's having a bad patch, things are tough all over, cupcake. If Torres decides to leave in the future then we will get the going rate for him and hopefully spend it wisely.

I don't think Roy is the man to motivate players like Torres but Nando isn't daft, he knows Roy won't be here next season and he can either sit it out or bail out in the next transfer window.

He's stuck with us without winning a major trophy since he arrived, he's not the kind of player to hold a team to ransom the minute he feels a bit emo. Look at the Rooney shit a few months back and possibly what is about to happen with Tevez.

Whatever happens with Nando, if he leaves I really hope its amicable because it would break my heart to see him leave under a cloud. Its been a strange couple of seasons and he's really given me a lot of joy.

5 goals and 5 assists so far in the league in 16 games, something which puts him on top both in the goalscoring table and assist table for us.

Closest is Gerrard, Maxi and Kuyt all with 3 goals each and Gerrard and Kuyt with 3 assists each.

N`Gog who everyone is praising has got 2 goals and 2 assists.

To sell Torres would obviously be a great solution to our problem.

When talking about his attitude, you have to bear in mind that he probably feels as bad playing for us as I feel watching us (or not these days, as the case may be)

If you were £30m quids worth of mid-20s striker, you'd have to look at the likes of Ngog and Konchesky and wonder what went wrong with your life.

Also, compare his attitude to the likes of Rooney and Tevez, who are on far more money and who are at sides with a far better chance of winning things this season. Unlike them he's not being a deliberate agitator, he just presents as someone who's depressed and having a fucking good mope. He carries himself like someone whose dog as just been shot.

this. repped. we've got a world class striker in his prime who could be playing for any of the top teams in europe. we don't pay him criminal amounts of money and same as any normal employee might think, he surely must have moments when he just thinks, 'you know.. i could be somewhere better, more prospects and better pay'. He's playing with many players who are behind the standard he is used to playing with - its got to be hard for the lad. There are a lot of world class players who would have spat their dummies the moment their team didn't get guaranteed CL football.

I'm thankful Torres has shown so much patience, it must be hard for him being loved by the fans but should he want to leave... conflicted with knowing where to head career wise.

5 goals and 5 assists so far in the league in 16 games, something which puts him on top both in the goalscoring table and assist table for us.

Closest is Gerrard, Maxi and Kuyt all with 3 goals each and Gerrard and Kuyt with 3 assists each.

N`Gog who everyone is praising has got 2 goals and 2 assists.

To sell Torres would obviously be a great solution to our problem.

I'd like to get some stats, wrap them in barbed wire and stick them up your arse!

Nobody is saying he doesn't have ability. Water is wet and Torres is a good footballer. Unfortunately his attitude stinks. Selling him for the right money and using that money wisely is exactly what we should do.

PS. Thanks for the rep Code!

I'd like to get some stats, wrap them in barbed wire and stick them up your arse!

Nobody is saying he doesn't have ability. Water is wet and Torres is a good footballer. Unfortunately his attitude stinks. Selling him for the right money and using that money wisely is exactly what we should do.

PS. Thanks for the rep Code!

Your welcome.

I dont think its got anything to do with his attitude that he is struggling and my "evidence" is how happy he has been when he has scored.

If he did not give a shit he would not look like he lost some weight of his shoulders.

So, is it totally evident to everone that he has a shit attitude? I just doesn't see it myself, but on here it's suddenly a proven fact!

Sure, he's played poor this season, but so is the whole team. I've never thought he isn't trying. Hate that every fan is an expert psychologist and mind reader these days. Same a few weeks ago when suddenly Torres and Gerrard had fallen out, since Torres celebrated a goal wrong. Bollocks...

So, is it totally evident to everone that he has a shit attitude? I just doesn't see it myself, but on here it's suddenly a proven fact!

Sure, he's played poor this season, but so is the whole team. I've never thought he isn't trying. Hate that every fan is an expert psychologist and mind reader these days. Same a few weeks ago when suddenly Torres and Gerrard had fallen out, since Torres celebrated a goal wrong. Bollocks...

You obviously haven't got the memo from Sky.